• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 6 (shamu)

Search This thread

Hirnlego

Aug 20, 2009
---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------
I rebooted into twrp recovery. Now I face the problem that twrp asks for a password (because my N6 is encrypted).
I've tried the 4 digits pin I set for the lock screen, but twrp gives me the error message "Password failed, please try again".
I guess twrp uses a generic password that I don't know. Could anybody please help me out with the password?

You have to use your own pin. Sometimes it fails. Just try again, it should work.

mugendon

Feb 21, 2011
You have to use your own pin. Sometimes it fails. Just try again, it should work.

There are more people reporting this problem. For example I didn't set a screen lock on first boot, but the storage still got encrypted. So I tried the "default_password", but that didn't work after many tries. Also other people who set up a pin/password/pattern had a similar problem with unlocking in twrp (of course with their pin/password/pattern(pin)).

barbara-luise

Mar 29, 2018
There are more people reporting this problem. For example I didn't set a screen lock on first boot, but the storage still got encrypted. So I tried the "default_password", but that didn't work after many tries. Also other people who set up a pin/password/pattern had a similar problem with unlocking in twrp (of course with their pin/password/pattern(pin)).

Did you solve the problem and if so, how?

mugendon

Feb 21, 2011
Formated userdata to unencrypt, installed magisk this time before first boot and suddenly the encryption was not forced. Not sure if this was because of magisk, since others reported the force encrypt seemed not to happen every time. So I am now staying unencrypted (like I did on stock anyway).

Reactions: Suicide King

steelsson

Apr 4, 2018
Северодонецк
shamu после обновления на 15.1 перестал просыпаться по двойному нажатию, хотя засыпает правильно. И не только у меня.
shamu after updating on 15.1 has ceased to wake up on double pressing though falls asleep correctly. And not only me.

Elektroschmock

Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Winnenden
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 6
shamu after updating on 15.1 has ceased to wake up on double pressing though falls asleep correctly. And not only me.

Yes sorry it's not working right now. Currently my screen is broken and touchscreen is partly unresponsive. So I'm not able to test it propperly.

Tap to wake (under the advanced menu in Settings -> Display) is off by default in Oreo. Did you enable that option?

Off is the default now. You can enable it once it's fixed.
@all
please use the new LineageOS 15.1 thread from now on.

barbara-luise

Mar 29, 2018
Formated userdata to unencrypt, installed magisk this time before first boot and suddenly the encryption was not forced. Not sure if this was because of magisk, since others reported the force encrypt seemed not to happen every time. So I am now staying unencrypted (like I did on stock anyway).

Did you by chance know whether twrp's failure to unlock the encrypted partition will have a negative effect on future ota updates, i. e. that such updates cannot be installed because twrp can't unlock the encrypted partition?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the new thread in time.

Last edited:

mugendon

Feb 21, 2011
TWRP can't access files on the internal storage if it is not unlocked, so it is likely it won't work. But this is just a guess and it could be that the updater does some tricks, which makes it still work.

srnoth

Dec 19, 2010
Did you solve the problem and if so, how?

Solved on my end by fastboot flashing the latest factory image, letting it boot (and encrypt the data partition), then flashing back twrp and LOS 15.1 (doing a factory reset in twrp without actually formatting the data partition).

Can access the data partition in twrp with my PIN now (or without any prompt when I didn't have a pin set).

Reactions: barbara-luise

dwardo

Jan 15, 2011
France
@Elektroschmock

Had my first random reboot. Log attached below. No bluetooth or gps in use (first time I can't blame one or the other!). Phone was sitting idle on my desk and rebooted. This was a full reboot, not a soft boot. Other than this reboot and having to roll Netflix back to version 4.6, new release has been rock solid.

https://goo.gl/CZJ6Tv

Unlike above poster, I'm NOT having bluetooth pairing issues or the Fit bug. Some randomness in our results so far.

Edit: Magisk apparently uninstalled itself last night as part of the above random reboot. Hrmm...

Been having the magisk uninstalling itdelf or disappearing since beta1... Haven't figured out what is going on...
Also noticed some app configurations also disappear as i need to reenter their login and password from time to time... Wo dering if these occurences are linked

_AnAkIn_

Feb 7, 2012
Been having the magisk uninstalling itdelf or disappearing since beta1... Haven't figured out what is going on...
Also noticed some app configurations also disappear as i need to reenter their login and password from time to time... Wo dering if these occurences are linked

Having exactly the same issue with Magisk and also random reboots while being on a call.

mikevb

Jan 9, 2017
OnePlus 3T
When Magisk "uninstalls itself", I just need to reboot to fix it. And I've only had it happen randomly while phone is in use, never as a side-effect of a random reboot.

barbara-luise

Mar 29, 2018
Solved on my end by fastboot flashing the latest factory image, letting it boot (and encrypt the data partition), then flashing back twrp and LOS 15.1 (doing a factory reset in twrp without actually formatting the data partition).

Can access the data partition in twrp with my PIN now (or without any prompt when I didn't have a pin set).

This finally fixed the Problem for me, too.: I installed the latest 14.1 build, rebooted into twrp and then followed the "official" Installation instructions ( https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/shamu/install )

It is worth noticing that twrp stopped asking me for a password after I installed the latest los 14.1 build. Therefore, there must be something wrong with the current los 15.1 build.

Fred Simm

Feb 18, 2016
This is what I did about the twrp password problem. I used a mixture of ideas from the kind people here. Hooked N6 to my laptop with adb functional in developer settings. I had all the files in a folder on the laptop desktop. Booted to recovery. I did a full wipe including storage. I formatted data like many suggested. This is an important next step. Reboot recovery to verify the password is not required. I did and password request was gone. My phone storage now showed on my PC with twrp booted. I created a download folder on my phone and transferred Lineage 15,
Gapps, and magisk. Rebooted recovery one more time to verify password was gone and files were available. Installed all and rebooted system and all is well. Thanks everyone for the guidance.

Reactions: Suicide King

xNotta

Aug 4, 2010
Why does this rom cause Google to think my phone is a Xiaomi MI6? And how can I fix it to say Nexus 6?

The build.prop says shamu and Nexus 6.

Attachments

• sketch-1523250892049.png
    sketch-1523250892049.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts