[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 6 (shamu)

Search This thread

0sA

Apr 21, 2013
There will be no more builds for 14.1 as we now have builds for 15.1.
Sad information... LOS 14.1 looksvery stable and bugfree.
15.1 is on its early stages, right? It could has some problems on the beginning of the development.
Updated (security fixes) 14.1 would be the best option for now. [emoji853]

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 6 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Elektroschmock

Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Winnenden
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 6
Sad information... LOS 14.1 looksvery stable and bugfree.
15.1 is on its early stages, right? It could has some problems on the beginning of the development.
Updated (security fixes) 14.1 would be the best option for now. [emoji853]

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 6 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Sorry this was no option. Otherwise I would have chosen this way.
LineageOS only has limited build server capacity as they have to be paid with donations.
If a device receives weekly builds for 15.1 the builds for 14.1 have to be stopped.

https://www.paypal.me/LineageOS

Elting

Oct 26, 2010
Hm, wanted to flash the new build (with full wipe) with oreo gapps but got an error 7....

What's the problem here?

wrsg

Apr 23, 2008
in a cage
Sorry this was no option. Otherwise I would have chosen this way.
LineageOS only has limited build server capacity as they have to be paid with donations.
If a device receives weekly builds for 15.1 the builds for 14.1 have to be stopped.

https://www.paypal.me/LineageOS

Will the 14.1 Github code also stop receiving updates? I might end up building my own 14.1 from the github source, I agree with 0sA, 14.1 is stable and reliable for me. I can't use 15.1 as I depend on this for business and many people seem to be reporting issues with Bluetooth and reboots (situation may have changed?)

Elektroschmock

Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Winnenden
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 6
Will the 14.1 Github code also stop receiving updates? I might end up building my own 14.1 from the github source, I agree with 0sA, 14.1 is stable and reliable for me. I can't use 15.1 as I depend on this for business and many people seem to be reporting issues with Bluetooth and reboots (situation may have changed?)

Lineage 14.1 will still receive updates, as not all devices have or will make the jump to 15.1
However the shamu's device and kernel repo won't receive updates.

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
This is what I did about the twrp password problem. I used a mixture of ideas from the kind people here. Hooked N6 to my laptop with adb functional in developer settings. I had all the files in a folder on the laptop desktop. Booted to recovery. I did a full wipe including storage. I formatted data like many suggested. This is an important next step. Reboot recovery to verify the password is not required. I did and password request was gone. My phone storage now showed on my PC with twrp booted. I created a download folder on my phone and transferred Lineage 15,
Gapps, and magisk. Rebooted recovery one more time to verify password was gone and files were available. Installed all and rebooted system and all is well. Thanks everyone for the guidance.

But what if you want to encrypt your device? As I understand it, your device is not encrypted right now.

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
Encryption is not a priority for me. Someone else may have to answer.

It's not that it's really a priority for me. It's just that from a security perspective, it seems like a terrible idea to not have it enabled. I understand that having an unlocked bootloader is technically not secure either, but it's a lot more difficult for someone to get to your data if it's encrypted.

wrsg

Apr 23, 2008
in a cage
I know the official builds are 15.1 now, but would it be asking too much to have a monthly build of 14.1 so that people using 14.1 for whatever reason can get security fixes?

Elektroschmock

Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Winnenden
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 6
I know the official builds are 15.1 now, but would it be asking too much to have a monthly build of 14.1 so that people using 14.1 for whatever reason can get security fixes?

Sorry that's not possible as we don't have enough build server capacity.
Also security fixes don't apply themself. I need to do them manually which is sometimes not easy.

v8088

Jun 1, 2009
In every CM and LOS firmwares on any my phones I have non-colorized icons in status bar.
But on stock firmwares on Samsung phone it's colorized.
How can I make it colorized?

Screenshot_2018-05-04-15-03-37.jpg
Screenshot_2018-05-04-15-02-59.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts