• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for the HTC One M8

Search This thread

PieHoleDepravity

Oct 21, 2012
London
Last edited:

generalprobe

Feb 9, 2015
I have a strange issue with "weather providers" for a few weeks now. After one or two days of using the phone the stock clock app tells me, that the weatheprovider is not available anymore. because of that I switched from yahoo weather to my dev account on weather underground. but I had the same issue there.
Only a reboot fixes the issue temporarily for a few days ...

Gyroscope not working (VR games/ Google Cardboard)

I tested my hardware with the stock rom and everything is ok.
The gyroscope is unusable in LOS14.1
I already reported it to jira but it was closed without fixing anything.

Stereo microphone is the next thing.
If I record a video i'll only get mono sound.
If I record on stock or on another phone running LOS14.1 i'll get stereo sound in my video.

I don't want to open a new bug report cause it seems useless to me.
They will close it since I dont know "last known good build"

Reactions: xsteven77x

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
Ive been having gyro issues too. I usually just turn on auto rotate until i reboot for the display issues. Thankfully it hasn't impacted any games or software i need to run so i don't know how much further than that it goes.

honklinux

Jul 20, 2013
battery life | battery drain of unknown origin

I will abandon this build for a while. I merely hope this post helps our community in some form of analysis.

The reason is, I am experiencing inexplicable battery drain with the latest two nightly releases. At first I thought it was the regular Gapps related bug, common workaounds also seemd to fix it. But very poor battery life recurred 5 days later.

It is not related to wake-locks. The phone is 2% active. And barely runs longer than 36h even with "Battery saving" and "Airplane mode" combined. And even these modes don't have any effect anymore. Using the phone hardly shortens the total time until the next recharge. The same setup ran 4.5 days previously with the same usage.

I did everything from clearing caches, resetting apps and the data, data-saving, limiting permissions for sensors, using Greenify, ditching instant messengers, push-notifications. All to no avail.

I'm guessing cpu government issues.

It is the first time I have problems with custom builds. It was a clean install, via TWRP 3.0.2. Later I added SuperSu; I doubt "addonsu" hosted on Lineageos.com would have made the difference.

Best of luck to everyone else. And thanks again to the devs and members for the great ROMs!

mraacidd

May 1, 2015
kuala lumpur
i dirty flashed the 20042017 build n use the phone without any sim card n has been using it since then. what i noticed is that the battery life is good on my phone. it could last for more than 20 hours which includes surfing, watching movies online n youtube. apparently on my side it seems network usage using data package consumed more battery usage compared to wifi. as for rooting i prefer the cmsu as i had issues with supersu

Reactions: yasinsamara1273
Apr 13, 2017
I'm on the 27 April build it's stable and fairly fast but the phone is regularly heating is there any chance i can do away with this problem without reducing the CPU speed ?
Thank you

krokanic

Feb 14, 2014
Livno
I'm on the 27 April build it's stable and fairly fast but the phone is regularly heating is there any chance i can do away with this problem without reducing the CPU speed ?
Thank you

Usually if you just have installed an update there can be a background processes which will load up the cpu... Leave your device a couple of minutes that it settle itself down and everything will be ok...if not, clearing a cache is always welcome in such situations...

Sorry for my bad English...

mraacidd

May 1, 2015
kuala lumpur
i dirty flashed the 27042017 over the 13 n 20th build. about an hour ago i got a notification about an update, which turned out to be a false one as there are no updates. other than that, everything is fine

CutGlass

Jan 7, 2017
Banbury
Duo cam isn't going to work on any aosp ROM no matter where you get the app.

Not exactly correct, see my past posts for a comparison between the HTC and stock Google camera. The HTC had more accurate meeting and much better flash control using the second camera to measure distance to subject, but you do need to install the HTC gallery app as the two share functionality.

Top Liked Posts