• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for the HTC One M8

Search This thread
Hi,

Thank you ...

Are you sure that the problem was due to turning on the wifi during the initial setup?

Do I have to only install gapps(pico)? because I installed the nano version! The next time, it is more desirable for me to install the mini or micro version to save more space on data partition.

I asked this because you said:

make sure you flash gapps(pico) at the same time as the ROM

Also I did not install the flash-able root file !!

I would be thankful if you can reply ASAP ... because this phone belongs to a friend...

Thanks a lot!

I installed the nano package.
No problems.
It´s your choice which gapps you use.
If you don´t need more than playstore, use pico.
If you want all functions, use another package.
Nano is always a good choice.
It features all features not avaiable in the store but doesn´t bloat your system.

A n d r 0 i d

Mar 26, 2013
Are you sure that the problem was due to turning on the wifi during the initial setup?

no just a hunch from other phone problems with lineage and personal experience

Do I have to only install gapps(pico)? because I installed the nano version! The next time, it is more desirable for me to install the mini or micro version to save more space on data partition.

no, nano is fine (mini and micro are bigger still so you will actually lose space)

I asked this because you said:

"make sure you flash gapps(pico) at the same time as the ROM"

Also I did not install the flash-able root file !!

shouldn't matter too much, use Magisk 13.3 if you want root though, more features + pokemon go works

I would be thankful if you can reply ASAP ... because this phone belongs to a friend...

hope this is timely enough for you :3

Thanks a lot!

You're welcome!

Reactions: hrkh83

hrkh83

May 2, 2009
Yes I always flash pico for myself. I hate bloated ROMs.

But this time I am installing it for a friend.... and I ran to this wifi/data problem that I do not understand why happened..

I searched this thread and it seems that I am the first one that has reported it... so I wonder what was the root cause... I would be thankful if you can tell me what the probable cause is...

Thank you

update: oh thanks... we posted at the same time

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

no, nano is fine (mini and micro are bigger still so you will actually lose space)

I thought I was going to save more space on DATA if I flashed the micro or mini ... since it is going to be on the SYSTEM partition.... If I install them from play store they will end up on DATA.... Did I get it wrong?

A n d r 0 i d

Mar 26, 2013
I thought I was going to save more space on DATA if I flashed the micro or mini ... since it is going to be on the SYSTEM partition.... If I install them from play store they will end up on DATA.... Did I get it wrong?

No that's fair enough,
you always have the option to move stuff to system if need be after installing from play store

A n d r 0 i d

Mar 26, 2013
What makes you think f2fs is the best filesystem? HTC devices are highly optimized for ext4.

for me it seems snappier, I've just run a benchmark with A1 SD Bench and I get 132.94MB/s read and 33.11MB/s write, would be interesting to see if someone on EXT4 with 4GB+ free space could test this (ideally running 27/07/2017 build) to compare

It's supposed to be flash-friendly also, so clinging to the vague idea that my phone might last longer using this file system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2FS

hrkh83

May 2, 2009
Hi everybody,

Already updated my recovery to 3.1.1.0, wiped completely twice and flashed the ROM and gapps. Have done that 100 times with other HTC phones...

Problem is that as soon as I turn on the WiFi or data, phone crashes or go back to lineage welcome/setup screen.

What should I do? Or what did I do wrong?

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Oh and another question...

What is the best file system for partitions?

ext3
ext4
f2fs
others?

I didn't change filesystem when I flashed this rom. Is it recommended?

If yes which ones should be changed?

Thank you

I installed it again from the scratch..
Changed the file systems to the one recommended above.
Kept the wifi off during the setup.. but again as soon as I turn on the wifi... it crashes
also data!
If sim card is not present... wifi works fine...
checked with two other sim cards and it is still malfunctioning!

What should I do?:crying:

Update:

There is a Canadian sim card inside... I think it is related to that... some users reported this... The phone is 100% unlocked and bought outside of Canada.

How can I fix this?

Last edited:

A n d r 0 i d

Mar 26, 2013
There is a Canadian sim card inside... I think it is related to that... some users reported this... The phone is 100% unlocked and bought outside of Canada.

How can I fix this?

try turning off GPS/location
AGPS is broken in this ROM and canadian simcards play badly so you can't have location services at all for now afaik

nolefty

Jul 31, 2017
Has anyone been having any issues with Greenify? I updated from one of the March 2017 builds to the current release. I can no longer hibernate apps in "Root Mode", but only in "Non-root" mode. So far everything else has been working fine though.

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
Yes I always flash pico for myself. I hate bloated ROMs.

But this time I am installing it for a friend.... and I ran to this wifi/data problem that I do not understand why happened..

I searched this thread and it seems that I am the first one that has reported it... so I wonder what was the root cause... I would be thankful if you can tell me what the probable cause is...

Thank you

update: oh thanks... we posted at the same time

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

That's where they are going to end up anyways. Once any of those apps get an update, the update always goes on the data partition so before long they're all going to end up there anyways. Just pointing that out.

Danul123

Jul 10, 2017
I Found a bug. when using stock rom, if you are taking a photo in a dark place, when you click a place in your display to focus, flash turn on and focus that place.
but it doesn't happen in this rom. Can't focus in a dark place. as soon as you click the shutter button it takes a photo without turning thr flash on to focus. So some times photos are blury. Anyone else have this problem ?

M!tch

Apr 8, 2010
Maybe a dumb question,Is the firmware up to date ?

Sent from my HTC M8 using XDA Labs

my friend told me that he didn't update apps and system because he runs out of free space. my bad, not to check before installing los.

is there any easier way to solve the problem than "twrp-backup -> back to stock -> update -> twrp-restore"?

djlukas1983

Aug 20, 2009
Project Treble
I Found a bug. when using stock rom, if you are taking a photo in a dark place, when you click a place in your display to focus, flash turn on and focus that place.
but it doesn't happen in this rom. Can't focus in a dark place. as soon as you click the shutter button it takes a photo without turning thr flash on to focus. So some times photos are blury. Anyone else have this problem ?

Unfortunately it's present in non sense roms, even in GPE roms.

ahmed.ismael

Oct 14, 2015
my friend told me that he didn't update apps and system because he runs out of free space. my bad, not to check before installing los.

is there any easier way to solve the problem than "twrp-backup -> back to stock -> update -> twrp-restore"?
if there is an RUU available for your device variant then it's the easiest way to back to stock ( full stock i mean )

or you can flash a firmware only ( only signed firmware for s-on device )

if s-off then all you need is to find a proper firmware package and flash it then flash the rom

Sent from my HTC M8 using XDA Labs

Reactions: M!tch

Top Liked Posts