[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 Nightlies for the Moto X Pure 2015 (clark)

Search This thread

BZJoe

Aug 5, 2007
New York
lineage-14.1-20210218-UNOFFICIAL-clark (Nougat bootloader)

New build up
Feb. 5, 2021 security patch

Nougat bootloader only

Md5: f920871e22e23fa24ffe8135cc37e7d2

Always a good idea to do a backup when dirty flashing.

Thanks again to the Lineage team for the updates.
Excellent. Just dirty flashed unto my Clark to update to this version and all seems to be working fine. Will report if anything comes up but so far so good. Thanks Wheels!

Nickolime

Nov 26, 2014
Just installed the lineage-14.1-20210218-UNOFFICIAL-clark (Nougat bootloader) I have to say thanks for keeping this phone going. It's my daily for 5 years now. I had to use stock because I'm on Verizon, and I could never get the APN to load correctly for MMS. I came across the fix, and wanted to post it here too for anyone that might have the issue.

Connect the phone for ADB debugging. Then open ADB shell and use the command:
am start -a android.intent.action.INSERT content://telephony/carriers --ei simId -1

It won't let you edit the current one or list, but you can add a new one now, and use it. Worked great for me, and I'm up to date on security. Thanks again!

lineage-14.1-20210218-UNOFFICIAL-clark (Nougat bootloader)

New build up
Feb. 5, 2021 security patch

Nougat bootloader only

Md5: f920871e22e23fa24ffe8135cc37e7d2

Reactions: hasekev99

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
@Wheels564 I have been spending hours and hours trying to unravel things now that 17.1 and 18.1 have been shut off from ATT SIM's due to lack of VoLTE. I have managed to keep Verizon working on 18.1. I will soon be traveling and want to take advantage of both Veriaon and ATT with one phone on each.

Thank you for keeping 14.1 alive because it has VoLTE and it passes Safety Net. I was having a problem after flashing 14.1 Stock and then flashing this 14.1 LOS with boot looping. After lots of angst, I found that the latest Stock "23" Data is formatted to f2fs which causes the bootloop after flashing 14.1. If I re-format it on TWRP to EXT4 and re-flash, then it boots and runs as expected. Is this a known issue?

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
@Wheels564 I have been spending hours and hours trying to unravel things now that 17.1 and 18.1 have been shut off from ATT SIM's due to lack of VoLTE. I have managed to keep Verizon working on 18.1. I will soon be traveling and want to take advantage of both Veriaon and ATT with one phone on each.

Thank you for keeping 14.1 alive because it has VoLTE and it passes Safety Net. I was having a problem after flashing 14.1 Stock and then flashing this 14.1 LOS with boot looping. After lots of angst, I found that the latest Stock "23" Data is formatted to f2fs which causes the bootloop after flashing 14.1. If I re-format it on TWRP to EXT4 and re-flash, then it boots and runs as expected. Is this a known issue?

I have not had an issue coming from the latest stock Nougat to Hashbang's 14-1. However I don't use the latest TWRP because I believe it's geared towards Pie and Q. If he used any of the changes he made with his 16.0 build and used those to make official TWRP that could screw up 14.1. The TWRP I tested with was 3.3.1-0 from official download. Everything seemed to work fine with it.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
I have not had an issue coming from the latest stock Nougat to Hashbang's 14-1. However I don't use the latest TWRP because I believe it's geared towards Pie and Q. If he used any of the changes he made with his 16.0 build and used those to make official TWRP that could screw up 14.1. The TWRP I tested with was 3.3.1-0 from official download. Everything seemed to work fine with it.
Indeed, TWRP 3.3.1-0 works perfect to flash 14.1 for N bootloader coming from stock N which has data formatted with f2fs. Thank you.

TWRP from Chris works perfect for 17.1. But if you use it to flash 14.1 it cannot handle f2fs and will bootloop unless you reformat data to ext4 first.

Then if you are flashing 18.1 you need LOS recovery from Chris which works OK but has no ability to back up.

It was not easy to figure out all these nuances. Wouldn't it be nice to have a unifying TWRP that works for 18.1 and was backwards compatible?

Reactions: Wheels564

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
Indeed, TWRP 3.3.1-0 works perfect to flash 14.1 for N bootloader coming from stock N which has data formatted with f2fs. Thank you.

TWRP from Chris works perfect for 17.1. But if you use it to flash 14.1 it cannot handle f2fs and will bootloop unless you reformat data to ext4 first.

Then if you are flashing 18.1 you need LOS recovery from Chris which works OK but has no ability to back up.

It was not easy to figure out all these nuances. Wouldn't it be nice to have a unifying TWRP that works for 18.1 and was backwards compatible?

Yes it would but the more Android changes the device trees change and backwards compatability gets harder to work out.

RomanOnARiver

Feb 20, 2021
It looks like the only way your gonna get google camera is open gapps stock version and higher. Google no longer supports anything below Oreo. There's no way to not overwrite Lineage camera unless you know how to change the install script.

I see. So if I do want to Flash the last Google Camera version from the Gapps, is it just the one apk file or do I need others? I'm seeing a cameragoogle, cameragoogle-comon, cameragoogle-legacy, cameragoogle-legacy-common. The common folders have like Jar and XML files as opposed to an apk.

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
Does this requirement still exist?

I've a spare XT1572 that I can use for this test (I can still come back to 14.1, yes?)
He's no longer developing 17.1 but I'm sure he would like to see a logcat of 18.1 with the dual sim variant. And yes you can go back to 14.1 but I believe you will have to flash back to stock Nougat again and use the TWRP I listed a few posts back to kb8no with Nougat bootloader.

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
lineage-14.1-20210410-UNOFFICIAL-clark (mm bootloader)

New build up
Apr. 5, 2021 security patch

mm bootloader only

Md5: 3fd354cf6af4d7828c35f4275fba6ea9

Attachments

• lineage-14.1-20210410-UNOFFICIAL-clark.zip
    464.7 MB · Views: 0

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
lineage-14.1-20210410-UNOFFICIAL-clark (Nougat bootloader)

New build up

Nougat bootloader only

Md5: b46ae03b20c368330ffbcf6b306a631b

Attachments

• lineage-14.1-20210410-UNOFFICIAL-clark.zip
    461.8 MB · Views: 28
Reactions: Fabiett83

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
@Wheels564 I flashed back to stock. Then I installed TWRP 3.3.1-0 and clean flashed this nougat ROM. It starts up into the Goggle login but hangs at Google Assistant and can't get past it. Thoughts?

Addendum. I think my motherboard is borked.

Last edited:

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
@Wheels564 I flashed back to stock. Then I installed TWRP 3.3.1-0 and clean flashed this nougat ROM. It starts up into the Goggle login but hangs at Google Assistant and can't get past it. Thoughts?

Addendum. I think my motherboard is borked.
Did you try a clean flash without google to see if it boots properly? Sometimes you just get a bad build of gapps. Maybe try formatting each partition in TWRP instead of just wiping. If you flash stock again and everything works ok then I would have to think trying an older gapps.

Edit: Just don't format EFS partition unless you have a backup.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
@Wheels564
Wipe - not
partition formatting - not
new 14.1 build - not
Gapps version - not
SIM card - not
Motherboard - not

I never suspected but you were right. The Gapps release was the problem. Not flashing Gapps allowed the LOS login and start the ROM. I arbitrarily grabbed 1/14 release from OpenGapps of my favorite mini version and it worked fine. The Google login is not playing well with the LOS login. It seems to be a regression bug in Gapps that generated the problem of the interface between the two.

Marginally related, We often need to do a clean flash back to stock. If you make a backup of a cleanly flashed stock, does restoring the backup work as well as a clean flash from scratch?

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
@Wheels564
Wipe - not
partition formatting - not
new 14.1 build - not
Gapps version - not
SIM card - not
Motherboard - not

I never suspected but you were right. The Gapps release was the problem. Not flashing Gapps allowed the LOS login and start the ROM. I arbitrarily grabbed 1/14 release from OpenGapps of my favorite mini version and it worked fine. The Google login is not playing well with the LOS login. It seems to be a regression bug in Gapps that generated the problem of the interface between the two.

Marginally related, We often need to do a clean flash back to stock. If you make a backup of a cleanly flashed stock, does restoring the backup work as well as a clean flash from scratch?
I've never had an issue restoring a backup and I always do backup when dirty flashing updates. I rarely do a clean install unless there's a change like the one after the last official release of 14.1. I clear dalvik and cache once a month when I dirty flash my updates. I haven't run my N bootloader roms LOS14.1 and Crdroid rom with a sim for a long time to see how reliability is compared to MM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-14.1-20210410-UNOFFICIAL-clark (Nougat bootloader)

New build up

Nougat bootloader only

Md5: b46ae03b20c368330ffbcf6b306a631b

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Download Links

LineageOS:
    Nightly: https://download.lineageos.org/clark

Google apps addon:
    OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/ (you'll want a zip for the ARM64 platform, Android version 7.1)
    HEADS UP: Be sure you flash the gapps package with your rom. If you boot your rom, then go back and try to flash gapps after the fact, you're gonna have a bad time.

Misc Links

Changelog:
    Link: https://download.lineageos.org/clark/changes/

Learn to build yourself:
    Link: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/clark/build

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 Nightlies for the Moto X Pure 2015 (clark), ROM for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
    invisiblek, Hashbang173
    Source Code: http://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2016-12-05
    Last Updated 2016-12-05
    @invisiblek now that official nougat update is out for Moto X style devices, cant the N blobs be used to improve performance on this rom specially camera, battery drain and overheating issues????
    Thanx for all ur efforts and support for the device.

Yes, it is a work in progress currently.
    *woot got adb and logcat!
    I have a test build here built with changes from the official Nougat update including the very recently released updated kernel source.

You can see my device changes here on gerrit: https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/st...e_motorola_clark+branch:cm-14.1+topic:clark_n

The kernel tree for this build is here: https://github.com/HashBang173/andr...tree/cc4f6f347b94996f7cfe47ce6cce795430d670e3

Do not expect everything to work on this build, but please report any issues you have.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545587960
    Anyone know if anyone is planning on ,or is working on a Oreo/LOS15 version for the X Pure?

Yes, I haven't had much time lately to work on it. I have it booting. You could probably find a somewhat-functioning build by scavenging my AndroidFileHost :p
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone