• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 weeklies for HTC One M8 Dual SIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Unpublished

May 3, 2013
So... please flash this boot image. Double check SIM detection with only one SIM inserted, with both. Then with PIN for SIM cards enabled and disabled. Thanks in advance for the testing.

Tried, both sims, only first and only second, with only second sim inserted the sim wasn't detected, but after another reboot it was detected again.
I don't think this is related to the 113 merge because this happened to me before from time to time even with both sims.

Otherwise I tested general usage, bluetooth, calling and nfc, looks good for me :good:

JoostA

Jan 9, 2015
Houten
Redmi 9C
Thanks for your feedback. I wonder if anyone else had the chance to test as well.

Yes, I will test it, However I just discovered your messages. I will probably take a day or so (now it is late in the evening Thursday)., I need to make a decent backup first. Next I will ust flash the *.img file with TWRP and see what is does.

For your information: at the moment I am just running 14.1 only and it is operating quite smoothly, so I am very happy with it. Probably you knew that already :eek:

First results: flashed the image using TWRP into the recovery partition. System boots up OK. Both SIMs appear to be functioning when dialling out. They also seem to be functioning when dialling in. Later on I will try to see what happens when removing one SIM from both slots and what happens when I remove the PIN codes from them (like you asked). I will leave the new boot image on for now, at first site there seems to be no problem anyway.

Last edited:

JoostA

Jan 9, 2015
Houten
Redmi 9C
@bgcngm. Testing now. Some strange things.

Testing with SIM 1: At first I wasn't able to get through my encryption password. That is: I wasn't able to input any cipher at all, the touch screen was unresponsive. I had to fiddle around to get the phone to reboot, then it was possible to enter my encryption key again, so I could go to the menu in which you enter your SIM pin code. I did not encounter any problems aftwerwards at all. Probably just bad luck.

SIM 1 ONLY

SIM 1 is detected properly. However when calling out there a diversity of malfunctions: (a), (b) (c). and (d). Bug (a) is a serious problem.

(a) Phone refuses to respond to pressing hang up button, although probably the connection in fact *is* terminated (I can't hear my Samsung anymore) you cannot close the screen at all (this appears to be is a permanent bug, no work around).

This is a particularly nasty bug, because there is no possibility to reset the phone in a normal way, and as long as you do not reset it, you cannot use it as a phone (because the phone thinks it is still calling out). (Getting out of trouble: press volume up and power off together for a hard reboot).

( b) HTC does not call any number, because there is no mobile network available (however: in the status bar it is available !)

(c) HTC cannot be called via other phone (Samsung in my case), although it says it has a network connection, calling out via HTC however is no problem, although I did not alter anything at all. But in that case there is the problem that is does not respond when trying to end the call....

(d) on soft (quick) reboot reboot still no network detected at all, this got fixed on a cold reboot, you can dial out again (but again no way to terminate your outgoing call).

SIM2 ONLY

- On first reboot after changing SIM no network was detected, so it was not possible to use the phone for outgoing / incoming calls.
- On next cold reboot network detected, dialling in and dialling out and hanging up no problems . However: when you end the call on the outgoing phone (in my case a Samsung) the HTC keeps ringing. When you hang up on HTC incoming caller (in my case Samsung) should get busy tone, but that call is not audibly ended at all (so you think HTC is still ringing when in fact it is not, because you pressed the red button for hangup (or: call refused.)

All these problems apparently are non existent when using two SIMS together. However I think you knew that (that being the reason to test with single SIM configurations)...

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
Hi, yes, not able to hangup bug here also. Reboot only answer but had problems doing that.
Strangely all my sms messages (6000+) just disappeared sometime last night. Related or coincidence?
I just had to recover twrp backup so no probs really but...

Edit : should have said that this was only on experimental kernel, just to be clear.
Reinstalled default and no problems like this.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 dual sim using XDA Labs

Last edited:

DJ_Casper

Dec 28, 2012
Guys is that ok that LineageOS takes around 500mb of RAM? I notice some of my apps just randomly stops and restart in couple minutes. That's noticeable from the notification bar where icons just disapppear and appear after some time randomly. That started to happen may be 3-4 months ago. Anyone experience such behavior?

JoostA

Jan 9, 2015
Houten
Redmi 9C
Guys is that ok that LineageOS takes around 500mb of RAM? I notice some of my apps just randomly stops and restart in couple minutes. That's noticeable from the notification bar where icons just disapppear and appear after some time randomly. That started to happen may be 3-4 months ago. Anyone experience such behavior?

No, I don't see that. I am not quite without troubles but I suspect that it's mee that is the root cause for it so I won't bother the forum with that now.

Maybe it might help to completely re-install after having made a backup, next to forrmat the data partion (which is not just wipe) and wipe system and cache also..

DJ_Casper

Dec 28, 2012
No, I don't see that. I am not quite without troubles but I suspect that it's mee that is the root cause for it so I won't bother the forum with that now.

Maybe it might help to completely re-install after having made a backup, next to forrmat the data partion (which is not just wipe) and wipe system and cache also..

Hi, @JoostA
I usually do following clean ups for all new ROMs:
-Dalvik/ART Cache
-Cache
-System
-Data
-Internal Storage
-Android Secure
*Note: Cleaning up old folders from microSD card

1) Should I do Format Data?
2) Does it format microSD too? If yes then I could and how does it different from all these items which I clear every time?

I'm just having this memory leak issue for a long time ... This cause most of my apps to crash and restart ...

P.S. Would be appreciated for detailed reply

Best,
DJ_Cas

Last edited:

JoostA

Jan 9, 2015
Houten
Redmi 9C
@DJ_Casper

Actually you appear to do a lot more than I would do myself. I just start TWRP and then I wipe the system, data cache and sometime Dalvik /ARTCache as well. Nothing more.
I am now experimenting with some Samsung Lineage ROM. To get *that* working properly I also had to format the data partition (and after that I still performed a wipe, which I think to be quite superfluous after a format anyway but it doesn't hurt either). In the HTC Lineage ROM however I never format anything at all. (If you do so: a backup at hand is in order.)
Your SD card does not get formatted automatically, but personally: I never gamble: if there is something on it that I *must* keep, a backup of the external SD card is put on one of the PC's. However If you really want to format the SD card, you can do so using TWRP as well.

Latest Lineage OS for HTC One M8 dual sim is "lineage-14.1-20171109-nightly-m8d-signed.zip". That is the one I am currently using. It shows no errors that I am aware of.

Jackun

Dec 15, 2015
SD card

Hi everyone. I have issue with my SD card. I cannot set saving photos to SD card. There isn't possibility, only internal. And other, how i can change storage location for app, my internal storage is already full and I need to send app to external storage. Do I have to format SD card as internal? Because when I do it, I cannot see this card in my computer via cabel. Thanks for reply.

JoostA

Jan 9, 2015
Houten
Redmi 9C
Hi everyone. I have issue with my SD card. I cannot set saving photos to SD card. There isn't possibility, only internal. And other, how i can change storage location for app, my internal storage is already full and I need to send app to external storage. Do I have to format SD card as internal? Because when I do it, I cannot see this card in my computer via cabel. Thanks for reply.

First of all: most of us probably have switched to the Oreo thread located here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/development/rom-lineageos-15-0-alpha-htc-one-m8-t3669068

Maybe you get yours answers there faster. However, as far as I have been able to detect: Lineage 14.1 has no errors left whatsoever, so you might want to stick to it anyway

You probably do have TWRP installed. So my advice would be to start TWRP and next connect your phone with Windows. You should now be able to detect your external card that way and see what is on it. If not visible you might have a corrupted SD card.
You can use the SD card as internal or external memory. Whatever you use it for, you do have to format it for that specific purpose. So to use it as internal memory, you will have to format it as internal memory. To use it as external memory, you will have to format is as external memory. (In most cases default is that a new SD card is formatted for use as external memory, i.e. FAT 32). If you SD card is not showing signs of life, take it out, try to format it in Windows (or Linux) as Fat32 and put it back in your phone and make a new start. Nothing difficult about this.

Jackun

Dec 15, 2015
I wrote wrong question maybe. I have problem with saving photos and apps to SD card. There is no possibelity in settings. But I see this card in file manager and I am using this card for music and pictures.. However when I formated card as internal. I am able to change location apps to SD, but when I plug in mobile to PC I see only internal storage and in mobile file manager I also cannot see my SD card. So I am not able to save any other files on this card, except apps in settings. Maybe I do something wrong, but when I have been using original ROM, there wasn't problem with possibelity to change saving location for photos in camera app and others..

scorror

Sep 19, 2009
@bgcngm. Testing now. Some strange things.

Testing with SIM 1: At first I wasn't able to get through my encryption password. That is: I wasn't able to input any cipher at all, the touch screen was unresponsive. I had to fiddle around to get the phone to reboot, then it was possible to enter my encryption key again, so I could go to the menu in which you enter your SIM pin code. I did not encounter any problems aftwerwards at all. Probably just bad luck.

SIM 1 ONLY

SIM 1 is detected properly. However when calling out there a diversity of malfunctions: (a), (b) (c). and (d). Bug (a) is a serious problem.

(a) Phone refuses to respond to pressing hang up button, although probably the connection in fact *is* terminated (I can't hear my Samsung anymore) you cannot close the screen at all (this appears to be is a permanent bug, no work around).

This is a particularly nasty bug, because there is no possibility to reset the phone in a normal way, and as long as you do not reset it, you cannot use it as a phone (because the phone thinks it is still calling out). (Getting out of trouble: press volume up and power off together for a hard reboot).

( b) HTC does not call any number, because there is no mobile network available (however: in the status bar it is available !)

(c) HTC cannot be called via other phone (Samsung in my case), although it says it has a network connection, calling out via HTC however is no problem, although I did not alter anything at all. But in that case there is the problem that is does not respond when trying to end the call....

(d) on soft (quick) reboot reboot still no network detected at all, this got fixed on a cold reboot, you can dial out again (but again no way to terminate your outgoing call).

SIM2 ONLY

- On first reboot after changing SIM no network was detected, so it was not possible to use the phone for outgoing / incoming calls.
- On next cold reboot network detected, dialling in and dialling out and hanging up no problems . However: when you end the call on the outgoing phone (in my case a Samsung) the HTC keeps ringing. When you hang up on HTC incoming caller (in my case Samsung) should get busy tone, but that call is not audibly ended at all (so you think HTC is still ringing when in fact it is not, because you pressed the red button for hangup (or: call refused.)

All these problems apparently are non existent when using two SIMS together. However I think you knew that (that being the reason to test with single SIM configurations)...
I have issue (a) and (c) mentioned by @JoostA. In addition, I can't receive calls on my phone when someone calls me. It rings on that person's phone but not on mine. Can anyone help me out.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
Update: the phone is working fine.

Last edited:

j4r3k

Nov 19, 2008
I have similar issues with dialer, but my case is:
- can receive calls
- can make a call but hanging up does not work - stuck at "Hanging up" systems works fine but I can't make any call until reboot.

What solve the problem for me was to switch to SIM slot 2. Slot 1 is buggy.

Code:
04-02 22:50:35.804   779  2754 I Telecom : Event: Call [email protected]: REQUEST_DISCONNECT, null: ICA.dC(InCall package: com.android.dialer)@ATQ
04-02 22:50:35.805   779  2754 I Telecom : Call: Send disconnect to connection service for call: [[email protected], DIALING, com.android.phone/com.android.services.telephony.TelephonyConnectionService, tel:*********, A, childs(0), has_parent(false), [Capabilities: CAPABILITY_SUPPORT_HOLD CAPABILITY_MUTE CAPABILITY_CANNOT_DOWNGRADE_VIDEO_TO_AUDIO], [Properties:]]: ICA.dC(InCall package: com.android.dialer)@ATQ

Mnkaro

May 3, 2018
Low quality on camera

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Broken:
  • Nothing! :)

Working:
  • Everything except 'broken' stuff

Screenshot_20161125_234515.png
Screenshot_20161125_234535.png

Compatibility:
This build is compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).
It is based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery (TWRP by @Captain_Throwback) - Direct link
  • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
  • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development with some changes from myself. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
bgcngm
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: M firmware

Version Information

Created 2016-11-26
Last Updated 2017-05-02

After install this rom my camera quality is very bad. 4.1 megapixel?! Pls help me

audi19844

May 6, 2014
Hello, the signal bar is empty, and i cant make calls, signal was detected after the first boot of the rom, but after some minutes, the signal was gone!!
any suggestions for this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attention... spoiler alert!
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Broken:
    • Nothing! :)

Working:
    • Everything except 'broken' stuff

Screenshot_20161125_234515.png
    Screenshot_20161125_234535.png

Compatibility:
    This build is compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).
    It is based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP by @Captain_Throwback) - Direct link
    • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
    This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development with some changes from myself. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    bgcngm
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: M firmware

Version Information

Created 2016-11-26
    Last Updated 2017-05-02
    Just wanted to let you know that I will soon share here an unofficial Lineage build that hopefully will fix incall audio on SIM2. Stay with me.
    I installed this image with TWRP over latest build 31/08, All seems fine now, radio is working well now. Thanks:good: :good::good::good::)
    Fix already merged: https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/188597/. To be included on the next official build. ;)
    That is not official. Please edit your post and remove that link. From my side, yes... the plan is to keep it official.