[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 weeklies for HTC One M8 Dual SIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DJ_Casper

Dec 28, 2012
@bgcngm discovered such crash with Bluetooth Share service. This is why music player stops or r3starts with any gps app though not sure the reason or cause of this crash. Anything you can suggest for providing you logs? 1509384594855.jpg
@bgcngm Discover#2:
Found that my location was set to High (use BT, Wi-Fi, etc.). So I believe BT restarts\resets once you start any GPS app if music is played via BT dongle....

Last edited:
M

maultasche

@bgcngm discovered such crash with Bluetooth Share service. This is why music player stops or r3starts with any gps app though not sure the reason or cause of this crash. Anything you can suggest for providing you logs?
@bgcngm Discover#2:
Found that my location was set to High (use BT, Wi-Fi, etc.). So I believe BT restarts\resets once you start any GPS app if music is played via BT dongle....
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185929

DJ_Casper

Dec 28, 2012
Hi, fyi, I have Sygic running right now and player pro (planet perfecto :cowboy: ) while I am typing this.
On latest update.
I have actually never reinstalled this LineageOS since first loading. Only applied updates.
Not sure why yours is different :confused:

Try Location set to high accuracy and move in any transport (car, bus, etc.) and let me know you results with Media Player if it restarts or not. It crashes media player less on Normal mode location (Device only), but not on High accuracy where it crashes after some seconds

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
@DJ_Casper I am a bit tired of reading about your "discoveries" when you send no logs. Let's make it like this: backup, clean flash the latest official build without any of the mods you're using, use GPS at the same time you play music over BT and let me know if you have issues. Only then I can take a look at it. I am not able to reproduce any BT steaming issue while using GPS.

DJ_Casper

Dec 28, 2012
@DJ_Casper I am a bit tired of reading about your "discoveries" when you send nothing but logs. Let's make it like this: backup, clean flash the latest official build without any of the mods you're using, use GPS at the same time you play music over BT and let me know if you have issues. Only then I can take a look at it. I am not able to reproduce any BT steaming issue while using GPS.

Understandable amigo. I clearly realize that. Sorry about that. Please see attached logs for 10262017 fresh install build

View attachment dmesg.log

View attachment last_kmsg.log

View attachment logcat_radio.log

View attachment logcat.rar

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Understandable amigo. I clearly realize that. Sorry about that. Please see attached logs for 10262017 fresh install build
Your logcat is far from being taken on a fresh install build. All I see is spam from several third party apps and no real BT crash. Seriously, if you want me to take a look at your "issue", do as I ask. I don't have time for this.

JoostA

Jan 9, 2015
Houten
Redmi 9C
Hi guys,

I am looking into a new issue. Maybe somebody can confirm so that I can investigate or solve the problem. Input welcome.

As you probably know it is possible to encrypt Android phones. That (I think) is a good idea, otherwise you can read what is on you phone by just using an normal USB cable. So I use an encrypted phone.
You can check whether it is encrypted in the settings menu (my phone is Dutch, but I guess the English menu but probably reads something like "settings --> - security --> encryption"). You cannot change this once the phone is encrypted. Once encrypted you get an extra password you have to enter before your phone starts at all.
Now the strange thing is that for a couple of weeks my phone now says it is still encrypted, but it is definitely *not*.
*That* is strange. What is is that removed my encryption ? Reading forums it seems just abut impossible to get rid of it at all and I succeeded whilst doing nothing !? Was it just my weekly updates? And why does it say that is still encrypted while it is not.... For sure: reactivating security from the menu simply is impossible as long as it says it still is encrypted. So maybe I will have to make a nandroid backup or something and try to get the issue fixed by a complete reset, but this leaves open the question open as to how the encryption was removed in the first place. And: I am not so sure whether the nandroid backup can be put back in an orderly way when the phone is encrypted again.
So just riddles for the moment to think about.... Comments welcome.

JoostA

Jan 9, 2015
Houten
Redmi 9C
Encryption gone ? Solved !

Hi guys, I solved my own problem by searching the internet The solution can be found on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/46hyxc/encryptingdecrypting_user_data_twrp_default/. Including description of the problem I had.
In short: when you forget (really: I forgot to do that:eek:...) to set a lock screen password it appears your encryption is not active. To quote from this link : go to Settings > Screen Lock > Enter PIN/Password > PIN/Password > Require PIN/Password to start device > continue.
Quite improbable it seems to me but working anyway.... -:)

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
In short: when you forget (really: I forgot to do that:eek:...) to set a lock screen password it appears your encryption is not active.
Minor correction, encryption is active, but with a default password and that's why Android doesn't prompt it during boot neither TWRP (in recovery you can even see it written in the log). The only way to remove encryption is to format data, which obviously you didn't do.

DJ_Casper

Dec 28, 2012
@DJ_Casper I am a bit tired of reading about your "discoveries" when you send no logs. Let's make it like this: backup, clean flash the latest official build without any of the mods you're using, use GPS at the same time you play music over BT and let me know if you have issues. Only then I can take a look at it. I am not able to reproduce any BT steaming issue while using GPS.

Are you ok if I install BusyBox and SuperSU (as these are required to restore DATA for apps)?

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Are you ok if I install BusyBox and SuperSU (as these are required to restore DATA for apps)?
You can do whatever you want afterwards, even restore your TWRP backup as I said. But for now, test with a clean unmodified system. It shouldn't be that hard to go to Play Store and install your favourite GPS app and the Music app (if it's a third-party one) that conflict with each other.

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Is there anyone still running 14.1 on the dual SIM? If so, I would like a few users to test a 3.4.113 kernel, for the reason I already explained here. I am using 15.0 as a daily driver and didn't want to go back. Basically, the only thing I need to know is if SIM card detection is still okay.

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
If you are able to test this within today and tomorrow, it will be great because it would be merged for the next official build. Users on the single SIM variant thread are loving the battery lifetime after 3.4.113 merge (see here). Of course it is O, but I expect some good results in N as well.

consuldore

Jan 26, 2006
I just did some testing...

But unfortunately it seems that my first sim slot is broken since I've replaced the screen.

At fist I thought it was the new kernel so I flashed back the last version and did a full wipe. But still no sim detection in the first slot.

So I flashed back the new kernel and did some testing with only the second slot. And it seems to work fine. Tested my German and Australian sim card, both with and without pin.

No problems so far.

My new replacement screen will arrive next week.
Can't test with both slot's until then.

Reactions: bgcngm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attention... spoiler alert!
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Broken:
    • Nothing! :)

Working:
    • Everything except 'broken' stuff

Screenshot_20161125_234515.png
    Screenshot_20161125_234535.png

Compatibility:
    This build is compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).
    It is based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP by @Captain_Throwback) - Direct link
    • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
    This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development with some changes from myself. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    bgcngm
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: M firmware

Version Information

Created 2016-11-26
    Last Updated 2017-05-02
    Just wanted to let you know that I will soon share here an unofficial Lineage build that hopefully will fix incall audio on SIM2. Stay with me.
    I installed this image with TWRP over latest build 31/08, All seems fine now, radio is working well now. Thanks:good: :good::good::good::)
    Fix already merged: https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/188597/. To be included on the next official build. ;)
    That is not official. Please edit your post and remove that link. From my side, yes... the plan is to keep it official.