[ROM] [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.X for Galaxy S5 | Android 7.X Nougat

Slimegod

Mar 12, 2011
I need a LineageOS OP5T 14.1 ROM. The Sultanxda ROM just errors out during flashing. I've fixed the error 7 message in the updater-script but then it just errors out again. Anyone has a working mirror I can flash, thanks.

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
I had a 3000mAh "Akku King" battery with the size of the standard one(and NFC antenna). So no custom back cover necessary. But Akku King is just a german based online shop, probably not shipping worldwide.

RBraverman

Aug 16, 2011
I had a 3000mAh "Akku King" battery with the size of the standard one(and NFC antenna). So no custom back cover necessary. But Akku King is just a german based online shop, probably not shipping worldwide.

I can only find a 4200/4800mAh or - ready 6800mAh batteries. None of which I trust and I can't remember how to tell if they're real or Memorex.

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
And such batteries should come with a back cover and the phone will fit in no case no more and if such a heavy load drops it will certainly break.
I regarded the additional 200mAh of my battery just as a small bonus.
And i never got a foul battery, whether most likely forged "genuine" ones for an LG phone or all the others for all kinds of stuff, mostly from third party suppliers.

Last edited:

purplevike

Apr 2, 2012
Security Patches

While my hope is that the bugs of lineage os 16 will be worked out in 17, is there anyone willing to post a video on how to maintain this ROM? A walk thru instructional on how to keep it patched (security updates only) it appears all of the major forks discontinued as of Nov ... I know the devs are busy working on 17.1 and maybe this will be a moot point. But as far as reliable bluetooth and call recording with Record My Call 14.1 has it covered well for some of us. I would be willing to learn

Ps
@haggertk thank you for taking us this far your work is not unappreciated
I know this post is 4 months old, but I would also like to know if this is something that the casual user could accomplish. This Unofficial 14.1 is far-and-away my favorite OS for the S5, and I see no reason to fix what isn't broken.

As FettyWap stated, I'd also like to thank @haggertk for his continued support, and welcome any update. Even quarterly patches would be very much appreciated.

Reactions: FettyWap

FettyWap

Aug 10, 2015
New York
@purplevike I have since migrated to 16 and I am dealing with intermittent Bluetooth issues. What features are you looking to hold on to in 14.1. I agree it is superior as far as reliability is concerned. I did find some alternatives for call recording etc

Last edited:
Reactions: purplevike

Reverse-anastomosis

Oct 31, 2018
@purplevike I have since migrated to 16 and I am dealing with intermittent Bluetooth issues. What features are you looking to hold on to in 14.1. I agree it is superior as far as reliability is concerned. I did find some alternatives for call recording etc
I'd still be using my s5 if it weren't for the Bluetooth unreliability after 14.1. There is still an open ticket regarding Bluetooth stability. I filed a long time ago, never even acknowledged by haggertk...it seems to only affect a few of us though so maybe not worth his time given how much he's got going.

PostToasted

Feb 13, 2018
I think there are more of us than meets the eye with Blue Tooth issues after 14.1
I also just gave up on my S5 and upgraded to an S9. Problem solved. My S5 is still running Nougat as a backup unit.
If I had to guess, the issues are caused by the newer Blue Tooth Driver going into power management that the S5 hardware wasn't designed to deal with, causing the crashes. My idea is to integrate the older driver into the newer rom and see how that goes, if that could even be done?

I'd still be using my s5 if it weren't for the Bluetooth unreliability after 14.1. There is still an open ticket regarding Bluetooth stability. I filed a long time ago, never even acknowledged by haggertk...it seems to only affect a few of us though so maybe not worth his time given how much he's got going.

Reactions: FettyWap

purplevike

Apr 2, 2012
It Just...Works

The loss of the ability to screen cast was a non-starter for me. Besides the buggy nature of bluetooth disconnects, and other inexplicable anomalies, (notifications and the like.) 16.1 just wasn't for me. 14.1 with updated patches is the perfect blend of functionality, reliability, usability, and security.

fipsy

Feb 6, 2013
Hannover, Germany
Most people certainly know that Google has recently implemented Covid-19 exposure notifications in its Play Services. They appear as the first menu item in the settings under Google. If you select this menu item, you will only see a white page. Normally, however, numerous setting options should appear there. This functionality is a prerequisite for using the national Covid-19 apps, which are now being rolled out by the national authorities. It seems that these apps will not be usable with Lineage 14.1 on the S5, right?

Reactions: pmduper

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Re: Google COVID-19 exposure notifications

Most people certainly know that Google has recently implemented Covid-19 exposure notifications in its Play Services. They appear as the first menu item in the settings under Google. If you select this menu item, you will only see a white page. Normally, however, numerous setting options should appear there. This functionality is a prerequisite for using the national Covid-19 apps, which are now being rolled out by the national authorities. It seems that these apps will not be usable with Lineage 14.1 on the S5, right?
On a Galaxy S5 G900M LineageOS 16.0 klte build 2020-04-27 + Open GApps Pico with Display > Style Dark the > Settings > Google > COVID-19 Exposure Notifications panel is white whithout any text.

Only when Display > Style Light is selected is the text visible.

That COVID-19 panel links to Android help https://support.google.com/android/answer/9888358

Reactions: fipsy and pmduper

fipsy

Feb 6, 2013
Hannover, Germany
@curiousrom: But it should not only link to the Android help but also offer two options to delete the Random IDs and to deactivate covid-19 tracing as you can see on the attached Screenshots from a German Smartphone where the tracing works. If these options are not present I suppose this is an indication that tracing will not work.

By the way: Lineage 14.1 doesn't offer a menu item Display -> Style Dark or Light.

Attachments

Last edited: