[ROM] [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.X for Galaxy S5 | Android 7.X Nougat

fipsy

Feb 6, 2013
Hannover, Germany
It is as I suspected: With LineageOS 14.1 it is obviously not possible to use the Nearby.EXPOSURE_NOTIFICATION_API of Google Play Services. Although the Play Services are up to date (version 20.18.17, updated end of May) and Google writes in its documents that the functionality should be available from Android 6.0 on. I wonder what's causing it. There is only the error message as in the screenshot below.

Attachments

Last edited:

DrGEROH

Mar 26, 2011
No LTE on G900T with QC2 Modem ?

First, thanks for making this LOS 14.1 ROM available. I don't need the latest LOS on my old SM-G900T (official nightly 16.0 builds from LOS), but it is nice to have a more recent Android OS on the device (compared to the last 6.0.1 TW ROM by Samsung).

Two observations:

(1) I was unable to install this ROM with TWRP v3.4.0.0; I needed to use TWRP v3.3.1.0 to install this ROM successfully.

(2) I installed this from stock ROM build MMB29M-G900TUVU1GQC2; I'm finding that data is limited mostly to HSPA or HPSA+ -- I rarely see LTE using an AT&T SIM.

This is a back-up device; my daily is an unlocked SM-G930U (S7), also with an AT&T SIM, and I always have LTE data. I found one old xda-developers thread that seemed
to address this issue: forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-galaxy-s5/lte-connection-issues-lineageos-t3554259, which references a potential solution using force_g900f_ril_blobs.zip (also by OP of this thread). Can anyone here comment on whether this solution is appropriate for the G900T running this LOS 14.1 ROM to get reliable LTE data? If so, do I need to root the device to apply?

Update:
I tried to install the referenced ZIP from TWRP; it failed, so I wiped this unofficial 14.1 and am giving an official 15.1 nightly from Feb 2019 that I managed to find with a little Googling. So far, so good with regard to LTE connectivity...

Last edited:

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
It is as I suspected: With LineageOS 14.1 it is obviously not possible to use the Nearby.EXPOSURE_NOTIFICATION_API of Google Play Services. Although the Play Services are up to date (version 20.18.17, updated end of May) and Google writes in its documents that the functionality should be available from Android 6.0 on. I wonder what's causing it. There is only the error message as in the screenshot below.
As I can recognize on your pic, you use the German Corona warning app on your S5. It needs a very stable Bluetooth connection (the S5 supports Bluetooth 4.0 LE) and all the necessary Google APIs. This app only runs flawless with the latest MM (6.0.1) stock ROM. This can be a modified (debloated) one. The reason why it fails on Lineage or AOSP based ROMs: Samsung doesn't publish the source code for all drivers, so the developers can't fix this issues. I'm using the Covid 19 app too with a rooted stock based, modified ROM on my S5. The app works like it should without problems since nearly 20 days, a factory Android 6 is official still supported by the RKI programmers.

Last edited:

androiddude7899

Dec 4, 2017
Running a test now with two brand new extended batteries it appears this ROM is capable of an extra day of battery life one is a 17.1 havoc ROM the other is 14.1 no gapps installed no WiFi or phone radio

Bruh havoc ROM is rubbish
The UI lagged and the battery drained so fast and it was getting warm for no reason
(Edited) 02.08.20

Havoc OS has more fixes to it now and it's much more stable
And battery life and standby and performance is brilliant network reception issue is fixed
The latest lineage os not just yet

I'm using lineage os 17.1 and this battery https://www.amazon.co.uk/GadFull-co...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

It's 2800mah and this is my stats for heavy usage
1% left with 6hr SOT

Attachments

Last edited:

androiddude7899

Dec 4, 2017
Running a test now with two brand new extended batteries it appears this ROM is capable of an extra day of battery life one is a 17.1 havoc ROM the other is 14.1 no gapps installed no WiFi or phone radio
And the fact that you used no gapps is pretty biased and unfair

Battery life is even better without gapps I tested this out for myself
Gapps will reduce battery life abit

Unfair testing I don't agree with you

Ermtrek1

Jun 23, 2020
Black smearing seems a little bit more predominant in lineage than in stock
I know that is completely normal for OLED displays
Anyone has tips to reduce it ?

Last edited:

RBraverman

Aug 16, 2011
App to help with battery useage

Literally over night - possibly the same day I upgraded the firmware on my Plantronics to the worst ... firmware ... ever (battery used to last 2 days, I'm lucky 2 hours now) - but I digress - the battery in my S5 started to plummet, but I can't tell why, as I've really no usage data on them.
I've tried a couple of apps hoping one would SIMPLY tell me which apps were using what, but that's harder to find than you might think.
ANY ideas, would be gratefully accepted.

BTW, the battery is about 6 months old.

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com