[ROM] [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.X for Galaxy S5 | Android 7.X Nougat

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
a thing was done

It has the Oct 2020 ASB, latest chromium webview, latest tzdata, etc.
Thank you for keeping 14.1 updated. I use it as reference implementation for testing other android 7 ROMs. Can you pleaae tell me, why I am not able to advertise Bluetooth low energy beacons with android 7 custom ROMs? Android 8..10 works as expected.

haggertk

Jun 26, 2010
Denver, CO
Thank you for keeping 14.1 updated. I use it as reference implementation for testing other android 7 ROMs. Can you pleaae tell me, why I am not able to advertise Bluetooth low energy beacons with android 7 custom ROMs? Android 8..10 works as expected.
14 is dead and has been for years, aside from security patches or tzdata updates, you get what you get.

If I had to guess, it either didn't work in the AOSP baseline that is 4 years old. That and the fact that 14 was the last branch that had the whole platform based on the hot mess that is CAF -- CAF's changes platform wide could have broken it even if it worked in AOSP.

EvanRain

Dec 13, 2013
Phone sometimes reboots after turning the screen on

I've done a clean install already, problem persists; can someone take a look at the logs, please? Tell me if there's anything else I should provide that might be helpful.
pastebin[dot]com/t9Tq9m3R

Anikscha

Jun 16, 2018
FYI the LineageOS S5 klte family maintainer haggertk
FYI, Privacy Guard is deprecated in Lineage 17 (Android 10) and above and a "no go" for me!
The app option "start at boot" should be in the hand of the user, not only for battery reasons.
Just another example of Giigle's dictatorship!

Therefore, I appreciate Lineage 14.1 a lot :) as well as...

e-ROM.png

Last edited: