LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
- Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_scorpio
- Kernel source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_msm8996-common
- No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.
- Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi Note 2 - Direct link)
- Format /system, /data and /cache
- Install LineageOS zip package
- Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
- Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
Credits & collaborations:
This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and @bgcngm) that did the full Xiaomi Mi 5 bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Last but not least, pleasure having @luca020400 and @LuK1337 onboard since the bring-up of the whole Xiaomi 8996 family, that lately did the major work in the O era.
Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Mi Note 2, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Note 2
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 8.5.24 dev
Last Updated 2018-06-14