[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Mi Note 2

Search This thread

Naxxÿ

Feb 13, 2015
Been using this Rom since a few days and i just wanted to say how amazing it is. Performance is great, battery life is awesome and the stability is Rock solid. I tried many custom ROMs, MIUi EU, PRO MIUi, RR, Pixel E....and this one is the best so far, hands down.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Sent from my FDR-A03L using Tapatalk

Homeye

Nov 19, 2015
Hi guys! I have a couple of questions before i try this rom.

At the moment I'm on the Xiaomi EU Rom 8.4.12 with android 8.0. Will i need to flash an official miui rom before this to get the right firmware?
Is the device certified and SafetyNet passed without root?
My issues with the eu rom:
1.: Facebook Messenger can't find my Sleep as Android alarms. When i want to mute a conversation until an alarm, it can't show my next alarm. Sleep as Android got the autostart permisson, battery optimization is off.
2.: When my headphone is plugged, incoming calls/alarms are turned on on the main speaker too. Is there any way to change it to hear only trough the headphone?
3.: Is there any way to restore sms/call logs to the Google Phone and Google Messages?

Are these things working properly on the LOS rom?

Last edited:

joe2k01

Dec 13, 2015
Cagliari (Sardinia)
no, I know there is only one speaker. I mean normally the speaker should combine the 2 channels, right and left, into mono sound. But now the speaker only plays one channel of sound. You can tell when you are listening to music, some part of sound is missing compared to earphone.

Thank you for reporting this issue. As a workaround you can enable Audio mono from accessibility settings

tiarap00

Feb 14, 2018
Impossible to hear voice call, must restart to hear something. Very annoying. Otherwise very good build.

Naxxÿ

Feb 13, 2015
I mean there is no face id in lineage. I doubt you will get support for a Magisk module here.

Homeye

Nov 19, 2015
Hi guys! I have a couple of questions before i try this rom.

At the moment I'm on the Xiaomi EU Rom 8.4.12 with android 8.0. Will i need to flash an official miui rom before this to get the right firmware?
Is the device certified and SafetyNet passed without root?
My issues with the eu rom:
1.: Facebook Messenger can't find my Sleep as Android alarms. When i want to mute a conversation until an alarm, it can't show my next alarm. Sleep as Android got the autostart permisson, battery optimization is off.
2.: When my headphone is plugged, incoming calls/alarms are turned on on the main speaker too. Is there any way to change it to hear only trough the headphone?
3.: Is there any way to restore sms/call logs to the Google Phone and Google Messages?

Are these things working properly on the LOS rom?

So. Mobile bank app working perfectly with this rom. I guess SafetyNet test is passed.
Alarms found correctly.
Google Phone and Messages are working.

5 issues:
Alarms/ringtones are hearable on the main speakers when the headphone plugged in. I'm guess is hardware related but it would be nice to disable it somehow.
EDIT: I tried this on my previous Nexus 5X and the ringtones are hearable on the main speaker with headphones on...i swear it wasn't worked this way in the past...wondering when changed cause i never noticed it...
EDIT 2:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nordskog.LesserAudioSwitch&hl=sv
Solved my problem!

Automatic notification colors are not working. FB Messenger blink in red/yellow not blue (worked on Nexus 5X LOS 15.1).
EDIT: the Facebook app's color is blue, so it's just a partial problem

I can't find the hardware tests menu. https://fscl01.fonpit.de/userfiles/7031685/image/Secret-number-w782.jpg
Tried to tap all the items in the about phone menu,*#*#64663#*#* not working and *#*#4636#*#* only shows phone information, usage statistics and wifi information. Can't calibrate sensors. It worked on the Xiaomi EU rom before.

Selfissimo! app shows the camera upside down. Worked correctly on Xiaomi EU rom. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photolab.selfissimo

Device uncertified. It was certified with Xiaomi EU rom.

Last edited:

SuperStyle

Oct 21, 2011
Great rom!
Thank you very much, best rom for the device.
Only bug I noticed is that sometimes the icons on the homepage is disappearing

ldmondini

Mar 12, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21
[PARTIALLY SOLVED] Everytime I flash an update the front camera is upside down and I have to manually change two values in system/etc/msm8996_camera.xml from 360 to 270.
It's due to "Camera Sensor Fix and Google Camera by Mimi Mix", I have installed once and let me to use google HDR+ on lineage OS but it's still in testing and flips the front camera, it's not overwritten by the updates. At the moment the only solution is to change the parameters manually keeping HDR+ each update or to make a clean install. Thank you dev for your great job and your help, this rom is wonderful, really appreciated

Last edited:

joe2k01

Dec 13, 2015
Cagliari (Sardinia)
Everytime I flash an update the front camera is upside down and I have to manually change two values in system/etc/msm8996_camera.xml from 360 to 270. I don't know if it's a known issue or something that happens only to me, but maybe is it possible to fix automatically.
Thank you dev for your great job, this rom is wonderful
I don't have this issue in the official builds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi Note 2 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and @bgcngm) that did the full Xiaomi Mi 5 bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Last but not least, pleasure having @luca020400 and @LuK1337 onboard since the bring-up of the whole Xiaomi 8996 family, that lately did the major work in the O era.

Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Mi Note 2, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Note 2

Contributors
    joe2k01
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 8.5.24 dev

Version Information

Created 2018-04-23
    Last Updated 2018-06-14
    Reserved

Builds are published
    Been using this Rom since a few days and i just wanted to say how amazing it is. Performance is great, battery life is awesome and the stability is Rock solid. I tried many custom ROMs, MIUi EU, PRO MIUi, RR, Pixel E....and this one is the best so far, hands down.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

In the next update the right audio channel being silent will probably be solved
    Speaker Volume

Hi, I've installed LineageOS 15.1 after using Global Stable and i feel like my speaker is quieter on Lineage than Global for example on YouTube. Is this even possible? Or maybe just an illusion?:confused: