curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
So Lineage has officially made a version 16, Is that it? So there will be no thread for it here on XDA?
Just to add...

In the past, it was typical that when new Android Versions of an Official LineageOS were released, the thread for its predecessor was a type of "default" location until either the title for the predecessor thread was updated/changed to its current Version OR a new Official LineageOS thread was created for the current Official LineageOS.

Over the past 6-12 months +/-, I've (confusingly) found this to be an abandoned idea as reflected, not only, with the LineageOS threads but, TWRP and other big ones.

Just providing my insights into helping clarify/supporting your confusion as I personally see it as well.

Good Luck! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle" AND Nickname for "My Ex-Wife"}.

Reactions: curiousrom

hebermc

Oct 25, 2011
Recife
Official 16.0 for S5 2019-03-01 - Dirty Flash Report.

That's in the most popular XDA thread about S5 klte + variants & LineageOS 16.0 @ the present.
I saw that, but its a single post from a user. Whenever I upgrade to a newer Lineage I usually watch the official thread for a bit to make sure I know what I am getting into, but currently I can't find much information about Lineage 16 KLTE.

I have not seen any newer Lineage 15 updates, so I am unsure of how to proceed.

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
I saw that, but its a single post from a user...........
Regarding the LineageOS 15.1, it's Official builds had surpassed its EOL but, sometimes an Unofficial build gets released sporadically. This thread is likely kept open for "Member Helping Member" type of support.

Regarding the LineageOS 16.0, I've been using that thread only because @haggertk has been using it for Feedback and such in an Official way.

I understand what you're stating and I typically feel the same way but, I am viewing this in a "Case By Case" basis.

This is all up to you. :thumbup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle" AND Nickname for "My Ex-Wife"}.

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
I'm still in los 14.1 !

LOS 15.1 and 16 give me headache with that ugly round icons and that forced new security system (google is really paranoid)

Anyway... thank you for keeping our S5 alive !

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Square Icons in 16.0

I'm still in los 14.1 ! LOS 15.1 and 16 give me headache with that ugly round icons and that forced new security system (google is really paranoid)...
You can have Circle, Square, Squircle or Teardrop icons in stock LineageOS 16.0. See the screenshots in this post: Icons, Addonsu Fix.

So that's one less reason for living in the past. ;)

What "forced new security system" are you taking about? :confused:

Rule of thumb: more security = good. This said everything is relative. :eek:

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
I'm still in los 14.1!.........
Just to add to the outstanding guidance from @curiousrom...

I know how your feeling regarding your initial perception of, not only LineageOS 16.0, but Android P itself.

Just be patient and explore the system, settings, etc... and Familiarize yourself with it.

You'll notice that, the bottom line, regarding it (for the majority) is that various items weren't taken away but, actually relocated and/or renamed.

It's a new look and too many individuals go into "Panic Mode" and give up without realizing that their reasoning is primarily based upon not seeing what their used to in the places their used to seeing it.

I still run into items and such that makes me think "OHHH!... That's where that little bugger is now!". LMAO! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

devilhopper

Mar 10, 2017
Can I download the "final" version of LoS 15.1 for klteduos somewhere? That would be great - currently doing a "minor" switch from unofficial to official and just don't feel like doing the big upgrade to v16 today. Thanks!

In other words: I am specifically looking for lineage-15.1-20190225-nightly-klteduos-signed.zip

Last edited:

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Can I download the "final" version of LoS 15.1 for klteduos somewhere? That would be great - currently doing a "minor" switch from unofficial to official and just don't feel like doing the big upgrade to v16 today. Thanks!

In other words: I am specifically looking for lineage-15.1-20190225-nightly-klteduos-signed.zip
Archive.org but i don't think 15.1 to 16.0 is a big step.

devilhopper

Mar 10, 2017
Archive.org but i don't think 15.1 to 16.0 is a big step.
Can you be more specific? The only thing I found is this meagre "collection" of 13 samples:

https://archive.org/details/firmwarelibrary?and[]=lineage&sin=

Concerning the "big step" - doing the upgrade definitely requires concentration. For example, it needs the newest version of TWRP, and if I do it all in a rush, there's an actual chance to screw things up. If that ultimately means I need to set up my phone from scratch, it would be a big step indeed.

Also it requires prior research whether or not I want to do the upgrade at all. I've read mixed things about 16.0 and especially dual sim phones potentially amplify the possible shortcomings of custom firmware.

Last edited:

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Can you be more specific? The only thing I found is this meagre "collection" of 13 samples:

https://archive.org/details/firmwarelibrary?and[]=lineage&sin=

Concerning the "big step" - doing the upgrade definitely requires concentration. For example, it needs the newest version of TWRP, and if I do it all in a rush, there's an actual chance to screw things up. If that ultimately means I need to set up my phone from scratch, it would be a big step indeed.

Also it requires prior research whether or not I want to do the upgrade at all. I've read mixed things about 16.0 and especially dual sim phones potentially amplify the possible shortcomings of custom firmware.
https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://download.lineageos.org/klteduos

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
Did you confirm that this direction actually works?

There's none of the last few releases of the LineageOS 15.1 for the klteduos available in Archive.org.

The link is actually a website capture and not a capture of the actual files within it.

EDIT-1: The last Archive.org capture, I can locate, is on the following link.

https://archive.org/download/lineageos20180219to20180224

EDIT-2: @devilhopper, The best I can, personally, locate are the LineageOS 15.1 Unofficial builds by Haggertk on the following link.

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286148

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

devilhopper

Mar 10, 2017
EDIT-2: @devilhopper, The best I can, personally, locate are the LineageOS 15.1 Unofficial builds by Haggertk on the following link.

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286148

Thank you. Ironically, that's the version I already have on my phone, since that's what he came up with after I contacted him about a duos-specific audio bug. Since I haven't heard back from him in months, I have no clue if the fix was ever incorporated into the official branch. Which is yet another reason why I wanted to try the latest official 15.1 first (I'm sure I could roll it back if I have to). If I go version 16 only to find out that it has the same problems as last year's 15.1 then I will have a much bigger problem.

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
Thank you. Ironically, that's the version I already have on my phone,..........
Obtaining information regarding a Changelog from this far back is not impossible but, can/may/might be time consuming.

Your best bet in obtaining an Official LineageOS 15.1 release for this device is probably on the following Official LineageOS mirror link that looks like they are no longer using, decided to use another time (as needed basis) or other reason.

https://lineageos.corbina.net/full/klteduos/20180925/

That's the latest version that I can locate that contains an Official 15.1 build.

If nobody here can provide you with a copy from their PC (uploading) then this is the best guidance that I can personally provide you with.

This is a great learning curve for you to always keep some form of a personal backup copy of builds.

For example, when LineageOS for the klte,went from 15.1 to 16.0, I had kept a copy of the last few Official builds of the 15.1 in case I ever needed/wanted to use it again.

I do wish you the best of luck with your search! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
Just an FYI...

The following thread is now "Unofficially Official" regarding the LineageOS 16.0 for the klte device variants.

[ROM] [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.x by Brunowp8

I would state that the above thread is Only in lieu of one from Haggertk.

See you all there! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~