[ROM] [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.x ALL VARIANTS

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
17.1 2020-10-18 Update

New nightly is up.
Only 2 changes in lineage-17.1-20201018-nightly-klte-signed.zip if you have official lineage-17.1-20201011 already installed & I am not sure that the android_packages_apps_TvSettings one applies to the S5 as you can see in https://download.lineageos.org/klte/changes/

Since that page changes all the time I attached a screenshot for posterity.

It's not necessary to install every updates if they don't have some significant changes. Many users update only one a month after the Android security bump is merged: https://review.lineageos.org/q/bump+security

OTOH that may be good to test how the updating process goes. If you report please specify the recovery version you have on your S5, Gapps & Magisk if any & if it's encrypted or not. :cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

bersem

Jan 19, 2014
OTOH that may be good to test how the updating process goes. If you report please specify the recovery version you have on your S5, Gapps & Magisk if any & if it's encrypted or not. :cool:
Updated my KLTE through TWRP 3.4.0-0 not rooted , gapps and my phone isnt encrypted.

Regards !

Last edited:

bersem

Jan 19, 2014
Thanks for the report but the LineageOS klte package for the S5 is a unified ROM & supports all those models: SM-G900AZ, SM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8, SM-S902L.

So which model exactly? ;)
Lool there is only one klte or not? Intl. SM-900F ( signature ? )

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Lool there is only one klte or not? Intl. SM-900F ( signature ? )
Humm... "SM-900F" that model does not exist. ;)

Technically only the S5 SM-G900F has the codename klte but the LineageOS klte ROM supports different models as you can see in https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/klte

My S5 G900M codename is klteub but it is supported by the LineageOS klte ROM.

OTOH I can't install the Samsung stock OS for the G900F on it nor it's specific modem & bootloader packages.

The S5 G900V which is also supported by the klte ROM is a cdma phone with a locked bootloader that has it's own set of problems & preferred network settings.

So when reporting a bug or something it's better to say the model, the LineageOS version & it's build date as the minimum troubleshooting info.

For example: S5 G900M LineageOS 16.0 klte build 2020-09-20 (info which I cut & paste from a reference doc I keep for posts).

The signature info is not trustable because if you update it all the signatures in all your previous posts will also be updated on XDA & you may have more than one S5 variant.

Also when you quote a post like I just did above the signature is not included.

761gg1i3219

Apr 11, 2020
Sudden loss of connection

I am using 17.1

I was at home yesterday connected to the wi-fi. I opened Fennec to read the news but couldn't connect, so I switched off wi-fi and tried again with mobile data but no luck.

I then noticed there's an X near the empty Wi-Fi icon (even though in setting it says the signal strength is excellent) and an X near the Mobile signal (even though it is not empty and there's LTE written above it as usual).

I tried many things, including resetting all network settings and reconnecting to the wi-fi but nothing changes.

I then enabled verbose logging in developer options and under wi-fi name it says:

(NETWORK_SELECTION_PERMANENTLY_DISABLED) NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_NO_INTERNET_PERMANENT=1

The weirdest thing is on mobile data I can receive and send messages in whatsapp and telegram but everything else with the internet does not work (browse the web, sync emails, etc).

I tried searching for this messages on the internet but had no luck.

I was doing nothing while this happened and the only thing I changed yesterday on the phone is that I moved stuffed to the sdcard through Settings > Storage > SD Card > Migrate Data

Can someone please help me troubleshoot this?

EDIT: I also tried connecting to another wi-fi hotspot and it says the same thing

Last edited:

AloneDisaster

Oct 20, 2020
Bogor
Thanks for author and community

Kltekor (g900k)
Lineage OS 17.1 Official 20201015
Pico GApps
Tuned Kernel 20200521
Boeffla Undervolting light
29% constant brightness
Powersaver profile on setting

Last edited:

blikkk

Jul 28, 2018
I am using 17.1

I was at home yesterday connected to the wi-fi. I opened Fennec to read the news but couldn't connect, so I switched off wi-fi and tried again with mobile data but no luck.

I then noticed there's an X near the empty Wi-Fi icon (even though in setting it says the signal strength is excellent) and an X near the Mobile signal (even though it is not empty and there's LTE written above it as usual).

I tried many things, including resetting all network settings and reconnecting to the wi-fi but nothing changes.

I then enabled verbose logging in developer options and under wi-fi name it says:

(NETWORK_SELECTION_PERMANENTLY_DISABLED) NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_NO_INTERNET_PERMANENT=1

The weirdest thing is on mobile data I can receive and send messages in whatsapp and telegram but everything else with the internet does not work (browse the web, sync emails, etc).

I was doing nothing while this happened and the only thing I changed yesterday on the phone is that I moved stuffed to the sdcard through Settings > Storage > SD Card > Migrate Data

EDIT: I also tried connecting to another wi-fi hotspot and it says the same thing
Use private DNS?
Adguard server sometimes fault.

bersem

Jan 19, 2014
I am using 17.1

U tried static ip config ?

761gg1i3219

Apr 11, 2020
U tried static ip config ?
It works, but why?

It connects to the wi-fi and the Xs near the wi-fi and mobile icons disappear. I don't know how to set static IP for mobile data to test it though.

I'm glad it's not an hardware problem but why does it work? What's the problem with DHCP that suddendly doesn't work?

Hope to find a way to go back to normal because I can't even use dnscrypt this way or mobile data for something that isn't whatsapp or telegram.

Really appreciate your help man, if you know how to help me further that'd be great. :good:

bersem

Jan 19, 2014
It works, but why?

It connects to the wi-fi and the Xs near the wi-fi and mobile icons disappear. I don't know how to set static IP for mobile data to test it though.

I'm glad it's not an hardware problem but why does it work? What's the problem with DHCP that suddendly doesn't work?

Hope to find a way to go back to normal because I can't even use dnscrypt this way or mobile data for something that isn't whatsapp or telegram.

Really appreciate your help man, if you know how to help me further that'd be great. :good:
If u can make a clean flash to be sure otherwise check your router settings. Maybe u have to change your IP range, broadcasting channel. What about other devices in your network ? Same ? DHCP assign works ?

According your statement that the mobile data not working too hmmm... But i think its not a hardware fault of your S5. Something ( corrupt ) blocks your traffic out or your router.

Hope it helps

Regards !

Last edited:

blikkk

Jul 28, 2018
It works, but why?

Use terminal, command: ping 1.1.1.1
Is there an answer?

761gg1i3219

Apr 11, 2020
If u can make a clean flash to be sure otherwise check your router settings. Maybe u have to change your IP range, broadcasting channel. What about other devices in your network ? Same ? DHCP assign works ?

According your statement that the mobile data not working too hmmm... But i think its not a hardware fault of your S5. Something ( corrupt ) blocks your traffic out or your router.

Hope it helps

Regards !
I have no problems with other devices, and even my S5 was working fine then suddendly stopped working while idle.

I will try make a clean flash and see if it solves the problem.

Thank you for your help.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Use terminal, command: ping 1.1.1.1
Is there an answer?
While using DHCP with the errors I reported no answer.

In the static IP config to make it work I set 1.1.1.1 as DNS.

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Re: Sudden loss of connection

...17.1 ...home yesterday connected to the wi-fi. I opened Fennec to read the news but couldn't connect, so I switched off wi-fi and tried again with mobile data but no luck.

...I then enabled verbose logging in developer options and under wi-fi name it says:

(NETWORK_SELECTION_PERMANENTLY_DISABLED)

NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_NO_INTERNET_PERMANENT=1...
Your second post adds essential relevant troubleshooting info that should have been included in your first post about your problem IMO.

I am using Adguard but through Dnscrypt-proxy Magisk module and I also have Cloudfare as backup DNS.

I tried disabling it but nothing changed. Still same error.
You tried to disable what exactly?

Remove the module, disable Adguard, undo the DNS change, forget the WiFi network in Settings & reboot to see if the problem is solved.

761gg1i3219

Apr 11, 2020
Your second post adds essential relevant troubleshooting info that should have been included in your first post about your problem IMO.

Remove the module, disable Adguard, undo the DNS change, forget the WiFi network in Settings & reboot to see if the problem is solved.
Should've explained better: I am using the dsncrypt-proxy Magisk Module which lets you list some DNSs to connect to, in my list there's Adguard DNS, Adguard DoH DNS and Cloudfare.
I already tried to disable the module and forget the wifi network and reconnect but, as I said, nothing changed.

The only thing that worked was using static IP.

Anyway I am doing a clean install now and see what happens.

761gg1i3219

Apr 11, 2020

Should've explained better: I am using the dsncrypt-proxy Magisk Module which lets you list some DNSs to connect to, in my list there's Adguard DNS, Adguard DoH DNS and Cloudfare.
I already tried to disable the module and forget the wifi network and reconnect but, as I said, nothing changed.

The only thing that worked was using static IP.

Anyway I am doing a clean install now and see what happens.

761gg1i3219

Apr 11, 2020
Update on connection loss

A little update on the situation: I clean flashed the OS, installed all the apps I had previously (including all Magisk modules) and everything works fine by far.

Hoping everything keeps working, the error I had remains a mystery.

Thanks a lot to all the people who helped me!

dcarvil

Apr 20, 2016
Yeah, as I said in the first post I tried flashing it but again the mixer_paths.xml was showing 95 as volume for main mic and there was no 52_mixer-path.sh in addon.d even though the TWRP log said everything went well.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

I checked for permission mismatching but everything was normal.

I did not edited it on Windows, I copied it from /system/vendor/etc and edited it with Amaze File Manager text editing feature directly on the phone so I don't think that was the problem either.

For now, in order to have a functioning system I had to flash last update's zip. But the low volume recording problem remains unsolved.
I had the same problems with mixer_paths.xml you did. I finally rolled my own Magisk module as follows:

In /data/adb/modules, create directory mixer_paths/system/vendor/etc/. (I had to use Termux to create the directories. For some reason, my file manager could not create them.) Place your edited mixer_paths.xml file in that directory. In /data/adb/modules/mixer_paths, create a module.prop file with the contents:

id=<string>
name=<string>
version=<string>
versionCode=<int>
author=<string>
description=<string>

Reboot, and you should be using the edited mixer_paths.xml. See https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/blob/master/docs/guides.md#magisk-modules for more info on Magisk modules.

The mixer_paths directory structure should look like this:

├── mixer_paths
│** ├── module.prop
│** └── system
│***** └── vendor
│******** └── etc
│*********** └── mixer_paths.xml

Last edited:
Reactions: curiousrom

761gg1i3219

Apr 11, 2020
I had the same problems with mixer_paths.xml you did. I finally rolled my own Magisk module as follows:

In /data/adb/modules, create directory mixer_paths/system/vendor/etc/. (I had to use Termux to create the directories. For some reason, my file manager could not create them.) Place your edited mixer_paths.xml file in that directory. In /data/adb/modules/mixer_paths, create a module.prop file with the contents:

id=<string>
name=<string>
version=<string>
versionCode=<int>
author=<string>
description=<string>

Reboot, and you should be using the edited mixer_paths.xml. See https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/blob/master/docs/guides.md#magisk-modules for more info on Magisk modules.

The mixer_paths directory structure should look like this:

├── mixer_paths
│** ├── module.prop
│** └── system
│***** └── vendor
│******** └── etc
│*********** └── mixer_paths.xml
I will try that immediately!

This method should resist updates right?
Because actually I was successful in changing mixer_paths.xml yesterday night and wanted to report here: I used TWRP terminal to mount /system as RW, changed the file with vi and then remount /system as RO, but I guess this process has to be done after every update.