[ROM] [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.x ALL VARIANTS

Search This thread
I have a G860P and I want to run Lineage OS 16 on it, but there's no builds for my device.

Does anyone know how to modify one of the zips so it would work?

https://lineageosroms.com/kltedv/ has a link to an old build for the G900P.

According to this post, someone was able to make a G900P rom work on a G860P device.

I specifically don't want Android 10 or newer, because I hate scoped storage. Scoped storage keeps me from copying the large OBB files to my microSD card for backups, making space for downloads, etc. Scoped storage just breaks a lot of things in general that I would rather not deal with.

Last edited:

Eklondh

Feb 10, 2015
FYI the LineageOS S5 klte family maintainer haggertk created a new thread here:

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte*)
Thx bro!

On a side note, I'm currently on one of these Roms and whenever I install gravitybox I get insane lags. Idk if its xposed or gravitybox whos the culprit but it doesnt seem to be magisk at least. Meh, I will continue the battle for quick unlock!

Otherwise these Roms are the **** when it comes to klte hehe no doubt :D

Reactions: Ibuprophen

r3actor

Nov 1, 2013
Flashing TWRP Recovery on S5 with Stock Samsung Firmware

• Notes:
  • You do not need to root the S5 running stock Samsung Firmware before flashing TWRP if you use Odin3 as described below.
  • The sequence is > Samsung OS > flash TWRP custom recovery > Flash LineageOS + optional packages if you wish.
  • Installing an official Samsung firmware on your S5 is a last resort troubleshooting step when all else fails when using a custom OS (ROM) or to make sure that a problem is not hardware related as the stock Samsung firmware it is the most stable for a given device because Samsung had paid staff working for years on it to fix the problems reported by thousands of users & warranty claims.
  • The Galaxy S5 SM-G900V Verizon LTE is a special case and contrary to most S5 klte + variants it has a locked bootloader out-of-the-box thanks to Verizon. The first thing to do is to check if the bootloader is unlocked if you bought the phone used. To check that boot in Download mode & if you see "Mode: Developer" the bootloader is unlocked. See the attached screenshots in S5 G900V Bootloader Update?. If it's not unlocked see this XDA S5 Verizon thread. If you have the CID 15 variant that can be unlocked, do it then flash TWRP as described below.

1- Charge the S5 to at least 80% & to avoid errors it is better to connect the phone directly to the computer and not via a USB hub when using Odin. Also better to have Odin, Samsung Firmware & TWRP on C drive & not on external drives.

2- Download the most recent (@ the present) Odin3 v3.14.4: https://dl2018.sammobile.com/Odin3-v3.14.4.zip

Unzip or unpack the .zip file & copy the Odin3-v3.14.4 folder to the root of C drive.

3- Optional: you can install the most recent Samsung stock Firmware for your exact S5 model for testing purposes or to update the modem, bootloader & other vendor's firmwares not included in LineageOS. The respective download pages include instructions about how to install it using Odin:
  • Most trusted. May require to register (slow) or paid subscription (fast) depending on the firmware you choose: https://www.sammobile.com
  • Don't be fooled by fake Download ad buttons: https://updato.com. Now requires to be registered.

4- Download the TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S5 Qualcomm (klte family) for your exact model. Get the twrp-3.4.0-0-klte....img.tar version to use with Odin & copy it to your Odin3-v3.14.4 folder. The TWRP app is collecting data, wants to always run in the background & is not recommended.

The most recent TWRP Recovery for S5 is required for the built-in OTA LineageOS Updater to work properly.

5- On the computer Right-click Odin and run as Administrator. Click on the AP button and navigate to the twrp-3.4.0-0-klte....img.tar file. (See attached Odin screenshot)

Turn off the phone & boot in Odin Mode (A.K.A. Download Mode) (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons and confirm with Volume up to Continue) then connect to the computer and in Odin > Options do not select Auto Reboot and keep only the F. Reset Time option selected and nothing else! Click Start.

When Odin has finished the TWRP Recovery installation you will see a blue bar on the S5 screen and All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0) in the Odin Log window. Disconnect the phone & reboot in TWRP Recovery Mode: (volume up + Home + Power buttons) and release the buttons as soon as you see the Samsung Galaxy S5 logo otherwise by default the stock Samsung firmware will revert to the stock Samsung recovery.

This is a one time thing, afterwards booting in Recovery will always be in TWRP as it will rename the stock Samsung one.

If you have network signal & LTE working with your Samsung stock firmware do this before flashing LineageOS:
  1. Write down and/or screenshot your current APN settings that you can use if you have a network signal, data or LTE problem in LineageOS.
  2. After installing TWRP & before flashing LineageOS do an EFS partition backup that can be use to fix a no SIM or no network problem. See this post which includes TWRP screenshots: No Network, No IMEI, No SIM & EFS Partition Restore Fix

You can then reboot to System, reboot back to TWRP & proceed with the LineageOS super clean install as described above.

Magisk Problem

I described exactly how I installed Magisk v18.0 in New S5 LineageOS 16.0 haggertk 2019-01-09 Build! - Report & Bugs & added some screenshots.

I'm getting dizzy reading all the stuff you tried. :eek:

"Zip flashed successfully no error" - Well obviously there is error(s) somewhere because Magisk is not working for you. ;)

From what you wrote it seems that you did it properly so maybe there is a file system error, old TWRP, old bootloader or some hardware problems.

The best place to ask for help would be in the Magisk General Support / Discussion with several local Magisk experts but without logs there is no way to intelligently troubleshoot your problem.

I would suggest a super clean install as described above including a Format Data in TWRP.

Then after flashing the most recent Magisk & before rebooting > TWRP > Home > Advanced > Copy Log to external SD card then reboot to System. The TWRP Recovery log can be very useful for troubleshooting an installation problem & it takes about 10 seconds to back it up.

In Magisk Manager > hamburger > Log > Magisk > there is a save button on the top (screenshot). That could be useful for troubleshooting besides capturing a logcat.

Because you are not rooted check "setup ADB and then capture a log" in the LineageOS wiki.

Or since the phone is not rooted you can grant this permission to enable the fast & easy to use SysLog using ADB & a computer:
  • adb shell pm grant com.tortel.syslog android.permission.READ_LOGS

Read this post in the Magisk General Support thread by Recognized Contributor @Didgeridoohan.

Please report back if you fix your problem or not. :cool:
Thanks for this guide!
Curently I'm trying to get LOS 18.1 by applying your guide to my Stock Samsung firmware SM-G900F (S5) phone.
I downloaded Odin version that you shared 3.14.4.
BUT... I wonder why that package has 2 extra *.dll files (while other ODIN versions, like 3.14.1 only has an *.exe and *.ini file in it)?
The 2 extra *.dll files that came with the 3.14.4 version of ODIN that you shared are:

cpprest141_2_10.dll
SS_DL.dll

Putting 'unknown' *.dll files on C drive is not something that is 'good'. So, can you tell a newb like me, what are those two *.dll files an do I need them?

Thanks!

jdrch

Jun 18, 2014
Quad Cities, IA
Thanks for this guide!
Curently I'm trying to get LOS 18.1 by applying your guide to my Stock Samsung firmware SM-G900F (S5) phone.
BUT... I wonder why that package has 2 extra *.dll files (while other ODIN versions, like 3.14.1 only has an *.exe and *.ini file in it)?
The 2 extra *.dll files that came with the 3.14.4 version of ODIN that you shared are:

cpprest141_2_10.dll
SS_DL.dll

Putting 'unknown' *.dll files on C drive is not something that is 'good'. So, can you tell a newb like me, what are those two *.dll files an do I need them?

Thanks!
Don't recall seeing any such files back in the day when I did this, but:

1. Check the 18.1 thread as that's the latest version and where all the action is. 16.1 is no longer developed and therefore this thread might not be where the latest info is
  2. When in doubt about any file, upload it to virustotal.com and see what the scans say. Bear in mind you might get false positives for some files from here (not the ODIN ones, I think) because the process of rooting uses certain known exploits

r3actor

Nov 1, 2013
Don't recall seeing any such files back in the day when I did this, but:

1. Check the 18.1 thread as that's the latest version and where all the action is. 16.1 is no longer developed and therefore this thread might not be where the latest info is
  2. When in doubt about any file, upload it to virustotal.com and see what the scans say. Bear in mind you might get false positives for some files from here (not the ODIN ones, I think) because the process of rooting uses certain known exploits
Thanks for your fast reply.
The reason why I wanted to follow (the part of) curiousrom's guide is because it looks well written. I only need a way to properly install TWRP on my S5 phone which still has official samsung stock ROM (android v5.0). After getting TWRP on my phone, I could then read the steps from LOS 18.1 topic. I only wanted to get to TWRP 'stage' where I can backup things like radio(modem) in case I fckup something.

Btw.... would it be 'ok' to use Odin 3.10.7 just to put latest TWRP on the phone, or I will need newer version of Odin (newer than 3.10.7) ?

jdrch

Jun 18, 2014
Quad Cities, IA
Thanks for your fast reply.
The reason why I wanted to follow (the part of) curiousrom's guide is because it looks well written. I only need a way to properly install TWRP on my S5 phone which still has official samsung stock ROM (android v5.0). After getting TWRP on my phone, I could then read the steps from LOS 18.1 topic. I only wanted to get to TWRP 'stage' where I can backup things like radio(modem) in case I fckup something.

Btw.... would it be 'ok' to use Odin 3.10.7 just to put latest TWRP on the phone, or I will need newer version of Odin (newer than 3.10.7) ?
Just use whichever version is mentioned in this thread. The newer versions don't support older devices very well (if at all.)

Thanks for this guide!...

cpprest141_2_10.dll
SS_DL.dll

Thanks for the feedback & glad the guide was useful to you.

That Odin3 download link is from sammobile, a trusted source of stock Samsung OS.

I don't know what those two *.dll files do exactly when running Odin3 but I trust them & never had any issues with any downloads from sammobile.
...Check the 18.1 thread as that's the latest version and where all the action is. 16.1 is no longer developed and therefore this thread might not be where the latest info is...

This still works regardless of the OS running on the S5: S5 Odin Flashable Modem & Bootloader

I wrote this for Windows PC users & LineageOS 16.0 but the same steps works for 18.1: S5 super clean install except that you need a GApps ARM package for Android 11.

And yes the current official thread for the S5 is [ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte*) ;-)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for this guide!...

cpprest141_2_10.dll
    SS_DL.dll

Thanks for the feedback & glad the guide was useful to you.

That Odin3 download link is from sammobile, a trusted source of stock Samsung OS.

I don't know what those two *.dll files do exactly when running Odin3 but I trust them & never had any issues with any downloads from sammobile.
    ...Check the 18.1 thread as that's the latest version and where all the action is. 16.1 is no longer developed and therefore this thread might not be where the latest info is...

This still works regardless of the OS running on the S5: S5 Odin Flashable Modem & Bootloader

I wrote this for Windows PC users & LineageOS 16.0 but the same steps works for 18.1: S5 super clean install except that you need a GApps ARM package for Android 11.

And yes the current official thread for the S5 is [ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte*) ;-)
    20170102T093800.jpg

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Galaxy S5 Supported Models/Variants & Download Links
    klte - SM-G900AZ, SM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8, SM-S902L
    klteactivexx - SM-G870F
    kltechn - SM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
    kltechnduo - SM-G9006W, SM-G9008W
    klteduos - SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltedv - SM-G900I, SM-G900P
    kltekdi - SCL-23
    kltekor - SM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

Use version 3.2.1-0 or newer of TWRP

How to install?
    • Download the latest TWRP version
    • Download the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Download Links
    ROM: https://download.lineageos.org/
    GApps: https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html
    TWRP: https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxys5qualcomm.html

Credits
    Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community
    @haggertk Official Maintainer

Source Code :
    Github: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Code Review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Android Version: 9.x Pie
    when testing for mobile data wifi can't be turned on it does not make it credible to other devs that are trying to figure out why this is happening on only one variant , so what you have displayed there is not credible to us . Wifi needs to be completely off and you must show and app or a page or a file being downloaded only from mobile data . Because I work with bruno ( im on the kernel side of things ) and we keep seeing reports like this ) but I also have a vzw and i cannot reproduce this at all . so we need to figure out is it SIM data or CDMA data or is it certain Provider's data that are working , is it different bands that are somehow allowing data to slip by into the device ect.... do understand we are hoping to help all oher variants to gain data as well so we def need your help .

And the actual klte* maintainer cannot reproduce non-working mobile data. On both a G900F with GSM service and a G900V with actual VZW service. CDMA data is the same as SIM data. Bands don't let data "slip by".

Now, I got an email that indicated that it seemed that IPv6 mobile data is working and IPv4 isn't. That's a curious, and plausible, finding. Maybe those with non-working mobile data want to report status related to that. Note that if people want to relay things to me then I only care about results on builds that I create (read: I know what went into them).

Edit -- OK, pretty sure I got it. I'll upload a build in a bit.

Edit 2 -- Uploaded
    Ok guys, pretty sure we figured out what's causing the boot issues on a whole variety of devices (op2, op3, klte* that isn't klte). Should be fixed in tomorrow's build.
    Could you guys running haggertk's 16.0 beta build 2018-11-08 check under About phone & tell me the SELinux status please?

haggertk is a lazy moron and hasn't worked out sepolicy for P yet, so it's still permissive as forced by https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/224917

More seriously, I hope to finally iron out policy this week. Been busy and wanted to do it right.

Regarding how important is it - I do not run devices as daily drivers without being enforcing. Quite a few security vulnerabilities are mitigated by selinux and legacy devices with legacy blobs can use belts and suspenders.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    No, hotspot is not working...
    Yeah, I forgot to go back and re-test after setting selinux to enforcing. I'll re-spin builds today to fix that.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk