[ROM] [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.x ALL VARIANTS

Search This thread

frone0

Sep 21, 2022
There is a .tar.md5 in the second link you provided, but the first appears to be only source code from GitHub. Should I populate the AP in Odin with the .tar.md5 from the first link? What should I do with the source code from GitHub to move forward?

Thanks again for all the help!

There is a .tar.md5 in the second link you provided, but the first appears to be only source code from GitHub. Should I populate the AP in Odin with the .tar.md5 from the first link? What should I do with the source code from GitHub to move forward?

These files you get when unzipping the downloaded latest stock ROM file for G900F for DBT.

Attachments

• G900F-stock ROM files.png
    G900F-stock ROM files.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: frone0

That's where you put your files.
Name matches its box.

Attachments

• odin3.10 buttons.jpg
    odin3.10 buttons.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 12

frone0

Sep 21, 2022
Should be shown in the info about your device.
I was able to check for my IMEI and it showed that both IMEI and MEID are populated with what looks like very similar numbers - just a couple off of each other.

I think I'm screwing up with the SanFirm Reborn-master GitHub portion. I downloaded the files, but do not know what to do with them. The .tar.md5 I pulled down from the samfrew.com site was done by searching the site for my phone model number. I figure there might be something I need to be doing with the GitHub files to do this properly and be able to unzip and find the AP, BL, CSC, and CP files. I would be able to use Odin to flash, but I cannot find these files.

Should I be compiling the source code that I downloaded from GitHub for the Sanfirm Reborn-master portion?

Sorry I am taking so long to figure this out. I really appreciate the help!

I was able to check for my IMEI and it showed that both IMEI and MEID are populated with what looks like very similar numbers - just a couple off of each other.

I think I'm screwing up with the SanFirm Reborn-master GitHub portion. I downloaded the files, but do not know what to do with them. The .tar.md5 I pulled down from the samfrew.com site was done by searching the site for my phone model number. I figure there might be something I need to be doing with the GitHub files to do this properly and be able to unzip and find the AP, BL, CSC, and CP files. I would be able to use Odin to flash, but I cannot find these files.

Should I be compiling the source code that I downloaded from GitHub for the Sanfirm Reborn-master portion?

Sorry I am taking so long to figure this out. I really appreciate the help!
You probably see the site like attached pic.
Click on the right hand side where is says "Releases" on green "Latest" do get the zipped files.
Unpack and start the .exe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221021-014413_Vivaldi Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20221021-014413_Vivaldi Browser.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 10

frone0

Sep 21, 2022
You probably see the site like attached pic.
Click on the right hand side where is says "Releases" on green "Latest" do get the zipped files.
Unpack and start the .exe
***Edited - see below***

Ahhh - that got me a step closer!

I am now running the utility and attempting to download the ZIP file. Ran into another issue. I checked the samfrew.com site to gather my phone model and region of "SM-G900V" and "VZW - United States". I entered the model and tried both 'VZW' and 'VZW - UNITED STATES' but these two attempts returned the following:

Could not fetch info for SM-G900V/VZW. Please verify the input or use manual info
Could not fetch info for SM-G900V/VZW - UNITED STATES. Please verify the input or use manual info

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong here? I did check on 'Binary nature' and 'Decrypt automatically'. I get the error when clicking 'Check Update'

Thanks again!

*Edit1
I located the PDA and CSC numbers by opening the samfrew page for the latest update. I chose 'manual' info and copy/pasted the PDA and CSC numbers. I put in 'SM-G900V' for the 'Phone' field (and tried a few other iterations). Here's what I got when hitting 'Check Update':

Checking firmware for SM-G900V/VZW/G900VVRU2DQL1/G900VVZW2DQL1/SM-G900V/G900VVRU2DQL1
Error: Could not send BinaryInform. Status code 200/400
Request was invalid. Are you sure the input data is correct?

Getting closer maybe?

**Edit2
I had tried 'G900VVRU2DQL1' for the 'Phone' section in the download utility, and it failed. I just retried and found that I had a trailing space after the entry. Removed the space and am now downloading.

Thanks again!

***Edit3

When the download completed, I unzipped the file "SM-G900V_1_20171219155127_sptischw1b_fac.zip" which gave me a folder with this file only in it "ALL_VZW_G900VVRU2DQL1_G900VVZW2DQL1_CL8025411_QB16020535_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar". I uncompressed this file to find files such as system.img.ext4, userdata.img.ext4, cache.img.ext4, modem.bin, etc. I must be downloading it wrong to not get it split into AP, BL, CSC, and CP files.

Any ideas? thanks!

Last edited:

When the download completed, I unzipped the file "SM-G900V_1_20171219155127_sptischw1b_fac.zip" which gave me a folder with this file only in it "ALL_VZW_G900VVRU2DQL1_G900VVZW2DQL1_CL8025411_QB16020535_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar". I uncompressed this file to find files such as system.img.ext4, userdata.img.ext4, cache.img.ext4, modem.bin, etc. I must be downloading it wrong to not get it split into AP, BL, CSC, and CP files.

Any ideas? thanks!
There is of course the possibility that for branded phones the stock ROM file is different to the free one.
But perhaps you can still use these separate files to flash with Heimdall. I'm not familiar with this just knowing that it needs a lot more separate files than Odin.
I think there's a how-to in English for that but idk where and mine is only in German and for Linux.

Last edited:

frone0

Sep 21, 2022
There is of course the possibility that for branded phones the stock ROM file is different to the free one.
But perhaps you can still use these separate files to flash with Heimdall. I'm not familiar with this just knowing that it needs a lot more separate files than Odin.
I think there's a how-to in English for that but idk where and mine is only in German and for Linux.
My daily driver is a Linux box. I'd be glad to give it a run. I'm just wondering if I am doing something wrong to get the .ZIP instead of the Odin files.

frone0

Sep 21, 2022
No. 4G data is working fine on my S5 G900M running LineageOS 18.1.

It's very possible that Verizon is blocking data on your S5 running LineageOS because it's not supporting VoLTE.

See this & their other support pages: https://www.verizon.com/support/prepaid-3g-to-4g-lte-upgrade-faqs/

Try with a SIM from an other provider.

Try this app to work around Verizon's APN editing restriction: AddAPN - Access the Add APN settings page directly.

If you are running LineageOS 18.1. then please post in that thread so everybody could benefit & contribute: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...geos-18-1-for-samsung-galaxy-s5-klte.4267517/
As long as I have not bricked this phone, should there be a path to getting it back to Stock ROM completely? Is there another part of the phone software that you think I might need to flash to remove any trace of the LineageOS software?

Thanks!

My daily driver is a Linux box. I'd be glad to give it a run. I'm just wondering if I am doing something wrong to get the .ZIP instead of the Odin files.
This is the German how-to site.

For my N910F for instance I get a .zip file containing several files for Odin, but as I wrote...
Hope you didn't forget to check the 'binary nature' box in SamFirm_Reborn_0.3.6.3 when starting the download.
If you didn't forget it there seems to be only that one file existing for your model.

Last edited:
As long as I have not bricked this phone, should there be a path to getting it back to Stock ROM completely? Is there another part of the phone software that you think I might need to flash to remove any trace of the LineageOS software?

Thanks!
Even when flashing only one part stock file afaik no traces will be left except the triggered Knox counter.

Reactions: kurtn and frone0

frone0

Sep 21, 2022
This is the German how-to site.

For my N910F for instance I get a .zip file containing several files for Odin, but as I wrote...
Hope you didn't forget to check the 'binary nature' box in SamFirm_Reborn_0.3.6.3 when starting the download.
If you didn't forget it there seems to be only that one file existing for your model.
I just tried downloading the file again - thought I could have easily forgot to choose 'binary'. I made sure to verify that I chose 'Binary nature' this time, but looks like it downloaded the same file. I extracted the .ZIP, which contained a single .TAR.MD5 file. This TAR then extracted into 15 files. I've attached a screen shot of the files which were extracted.

Is there another route to get the files needed for Odin?

Attachments

• ExtractedSamsungFiles.PNG
    ExtractedSamsungFiles.PNG
    23.3 KB · Views: 7

frone0

Sep 21, 2022
Even when flashing only one part stock file afaik no traces will be left except the triggered Knox counter.
So flashing it with LineageOs and then back to stock, wouldn't require a modem re-flash or anything? I've seen people mention the EFS partition, but don't know if upgrading to LineageOS affects that at all.

Thanks again!

So flashing it with LineageOs and then back to stock, wouldn't require a modem re-flash or anything? I've seen people mention the EFS partition, but don't know if upgrading to LineageOS affects that at all.

Thanks again!
Not necessary at all.
EFS partition contains the devices IMEI.
Only if it's lost you have to touch this partition.

I just tried downloading the file again - thought I could have easily forgot to choose 'binary'. I made sure to verify that I chose 'Binary nature' this time, but looks like it downloaded the same file. I extracted the .ZIP, which contained a single .TAR.MD5 file. This TAR then extracted into 15 files. I've attached a screen shot of the files which were extracted.
So there's only a one-part stock file for G900V but you can flash these extracted files seperatly using Heimdall.
Is there another route to get the files needed for Odin?
Probably not as it's a Verizon branded phone.
Don't know what will happen if you try another firmware, but, as I saw in your pic, your device seems to have a special Verizon pit file so it is possible, that these phones get partitioned differently to the non branded ones.
Just had a look for my G900F open EU pit file but can't examine it further.

Btw. on one of my devices I once had to flash the firmware at least twice to be successful.
Perhaps you try that as well.
Shouldn't do any (more) harm than flashing once.

@frone0 I've downloaded your file, extracted the pit and opened it in Pitmagic.
Same with the pit for EUR-open.
The results are attached as txt files, but comparison has to be done by you as I'm to lazy right now.

Attachments

• PIT_Analysis_KLTE_EUR_Open.txt
    20.7 KB · Views: 4
  • PIT_Analysis_KLTE_VZW.txt
    20.7 KB · Views: 4

frone0

Sep 21, 2022
@frone0 I've downloaded your file, extracted the pit and opened it in Pitmagic.
Same with the pit for EUR-open.
The results are attached as txt files, but comparison has to be done by you as I'm to lazy right now.
Wow - thanks for this!

I ran an FC command on these two to find some differences in the "Block Size" and "Block Count" fields. Also looks like a difference in both the 'Partition Name' and the 'Flash FileName'. I've attached the FC output in a text file here.

This is getting a bit over my head, but I'm assuming that them being different means that I cannot use the second option you were thinking of.

Please let me know if you can think of any other options.

Thanks again!!

Attachments

• FC_PIT.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 2

frone0

Sep 21, 2022
So there's only a one-part stock file for G900V but you can flash these extracted files seperatly using Heimdall.

Probably not as it's a Verizon branded phone.
Don't know what will happen if you try another firmware, but, as I saw in your pic, your device seems to have a special Verizon pit file so it is possible, that these phones get partitioned differently to the non branded ones.
Just had a look for my G900F open EU pit file but can't examine it further.

Btw. on one of my devices I once had to flash the firmware at least twice to be successful.
Perhaps you try that as well.
Shouldn't do any (more) harm than flashing once.
I'm glad to try flashing it again to clear things up. Which method should I use for this?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Phone A was my initial phone that was upgraded to 18.1, worked great for about a year, then failed after the OTAU. I have not yet reinstalled this one since the initial failure. I have been performing OTA updates to it and testing after each. The mobile data continues to fail on an otherwise perfectly running system.

Phone B was purchased to try and troubleshoot the problem. It came with Verizon Stock 6.01 Android and worked with the same SIMM card from Phone A. I upgraded it to LineageOS 18.1 and tested successfully. Then when taking an OTAU, it the mobile data failed just like Phone A. This is the phone I have been testing on since having issues with Phone A.

Not sure if it is important, but I also purchased a third (Phone C) one that does not have a unlockable bootloader. It is the same model as the others, but has the eMMC that starts with '11'. I have been using it as my daily driver with the same SIMM card used above while troubleshooting the mobile data issue.

What is your network provider?

FYI LineageOS does no support VoLTE on any Samsung devices @ the present because the devs could not reverse engineer Samsung's proprietary VoLTE implementation so far.

That could be a deal breaker if your network provider drops 2G & 3G as only VoLTE will work for voice calls after that.

Some providers will disable data if the device is not currently supporting VoLTE.

BTW if talking about 18.1 on the S5 klte* family you are in the wrong thread. The correct one is:

It didn't boot up at all then.

About flashing full stock firmwares, I can share my experience briefly.

First attempt​

My Galaxy S5 was quite unreliable... read further.

I had BL (BootLoader) + Modem firmware versions from G900FXXU1POF4 + Lineage OS 17.1 as system.
    I've tried few years ago to upgrade bootloader and modem software from flashing Stock files with Odin.

The modem & bootloader have been flashed with success.
    But failed to boot system: frozen on booting animation.
    I thought the bootloader & modem would have been upgraded anyway.

Mistake: Nothing has been upgraded.
    I recommend to check it with shell command: getprop ro.bootloader

Seems that to upgrade those components, it is required to boot successfully the full stock firmware + Android system.

I gave up for few years. Sad me.

Why to upgrade the bootloader & modem firmware?​

• Solved battery draining issue getting discharged within 1 to 4 hours, even "sleeping".
    • Solved laggy UI & random reboots
    • Solved 4G / 3G network frequent disconnection
    • Solved fast auto switch from 4G to 3G when receiving a phone call
    • Solved most of the bluetooth crash issues with audio streaming
    Unfortunately, no improvement about some graphics rendering glitches in some Apps.

Also, it's likely to fix some severe security vulnerability issues.
    - More info for curious crazy you (good luck): https://bits-please.blogspot.com/2015/08/exploring-qualcomms-trustzone.html

What is working now with my Galaxy S5 SM-G900F KLTE?​

BL + Modem upgrade with stock firmware G900FXXS1CQD2

Restore Recovery+Boot+System+Data.

Now I can smoothly download & play some PS1 games, with wireless Xbox Controller + USB OTG receiver, streaming sound over bluetooth to BT speakers, for some time.

That's all.

Easier said than done.

Before flashing anything (and cry)
    > Backup your EFS + Modem files <
    > from TWRP to an External SD Card & copy it somewhere safe <
    But do not play with restoring it, unless your IMEI & other hardware addresses are messed up
    You will be grateful to yourself if anything really bad happens

Now, how to get it nicely working?

Tools​

I recommend to actively check the sources from where you get those tools before using them.
    + VirusTotal check
    • Galaxy S5 SM-G900F klte with unlocked bootloader & battey charged
    • External SD Card with enough free space & reliable
    • Micro USB cable that makes a secure data connection (yes. IMPORTANT. Buy a new one if not.)
    • ADB USB Drivers
    • Samsung USB Drivers
    • ADB tools (within platform-tools package)
    • Odin 3.14.1
    • TWRP 3.7.0_9
    • Full stock firmware G900FXXS1CQD2
    • Lineage OS 18.1 for MicroG
    • - At least - 24h in front of you, without a working phone, to be in peace, keep focus & take your time.
    And, do you trust yourself enough?

Backups​

1. Remove any lockscreen security from Android to prevent issues with it
    2. From Download Mode: Flash latest TWRP recovery stable release into the recovery partition with Odin
    3. From Recovery: backup ALL your partitions into your External SD Card
    4. Check the backup logs that it went without errors
    5. Optionnaly copy the backup into another device: we never know if the card could get corrupted
    6. Manually backup your Internal Storage user data too, like your pictures. (through MTP or a file manager,from Internal to External SD Card or to your PC).
      It is NOT included in any TWRP Backup!

Cleaning​

1. Format (not wipe) the data partition from TWRP: prevents mess with encryption + increased stability
    2. Wipe System + Cache + Dalvik.
    3. Shutdown.

Upgrading Bootloader + Modem with full Stock firmwares

1. Reboot into Download Mode
    2. Plug USB cable into your phone securely, in such way phone + cable cannot move by itself.
    3. From Odin, flash all the .md5 files from stock G900FXXS1CQD2 (AP, BL, CSC... fields doesn't matter)
    4. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR USB CABLE AND PHONE AT ALL
    5. Observe any errors & which recovery is started at reboot (TWRP? Samsung?)
    6. Wait 30 minutes while phone tries to apply the update anyway.
    7. If at 1st attempt, not showing fresh install Samsung welcome wizard:
      1. Pull off battery & back.
      2. Start again this Upgrading section from 1.
        - I suspect it needs to be flashed twice when the recovery wasn't Samsung's official one.
    8. If at 2nd attempt, still not showing fresh install Samsung welcome wizard:
      1. Reflash TWRP into recovery partition & immediately boot to it
      2. Wipe Data + Cache + Dalvik
      3. Shutdown
      4. Remove battery for 5-10 seconds & put it back.
      5. Boot again.
      6. Be patient.
      7. Wait more, up to 1 hour.
    9. If it still doesn't work:
      1. Find another USB cable.
      2. Come back to the first Cleaning section and do it again.
      3. If hard-bricked (no access to download mode): there is some hope with Qualcomm EDL Mode.
    10. If it boots successfully: Congratulations! Yay!

Test & backup again​

1. Check if the bootloader version is successfully upgraded:
      From any phone's terminal you can run (TWRP, ADB, apps...): getprop ro.bootloader
    2. Can also be wise to check how the phone works from stock system:
      Mobile network stability, bluetooth, microphone clarity & gains, feedback cancellation, wifi, camera quality... battery consumption.​
    3. Backup your EFS + Modem again - in case something changed in it with the upgrade​

Now, you are free to try out whatever system build!

If you want some more of my advices​

I would be mindful to not mess up with any other manufacturer partition, but only recovery, boot (not aboot!), system and data partitions.
    (Download Mode doesn't check Samsung's firmware crypto signatures for nothing... even though I dream of more open and documented systems...)
    Be curious and check what any script does & if that's really needed.

And remember G900F is only 2 GB RAM.
    So, lighter it is, smoother it will run.

What I've been doing from here​

I flashed back TWRP with Odin, restored Boot+System (LineageOS 17.1) + Data.
    I've been so surprised how the user experience became smooth. Phone cold. Battery life back to normal.
    Data got successfully encrypted when I enabled pattern lock. While still accessible from TWRP.

Made a half-dirty upgrade from LineageOS 17.1 to LineageOS for MicroG 18.1:
    From TWRP, wiping system partition to get rid of any customization, then flashing the official LineageOS for MicroG 18.1.
    LinageOS for MicroG enables signature spoofing, which brings better compatibility with lots of apps while avoiding heavy Google libraries & trackers.
    18.1 feels heavier than 17.1, but is satisfying enough couple of minutes after booting, with benefit of regular OTA updates.

Also tried out Magisk (extracting the boot.img file from the system zip installer + Magisk apk + flash patched boot.img), but heavily slowing down the boot process + SystemUI crash before asking SIM PIN code.
    So I removed it for now.

Some useful apps I recommend to get rid of Google & more:
    • App stores: F-Droid, Aurora Store
    • Better UX: Kiss Launcher, Todo Agenda (widget)
    • Google internal services alternatives:
      MicroG (Services Core + Services Framework Proxy), Mozilla UnifiedNlp Backend, Nominatim Geocoder Backend
    • Browsing: URLCheck, FFUpdater (providing Bromite or Fennec (+uBlock Origin (network lock disabled), Firefox Klar)
    • Cloud Synchronization - Contacts, calendar, tasks, files, passwords... : OpenTasks, DAVx5, NextCloud, NextCloud Notes, KeepassDX, Document Viewer (PDF)
    • Communicating: K-9 Mail (UX & UI became awesome last few years!), Signal, Frost (Facebook Client)
    • Navigating: OsmAnd (Maps. For now made TTS work only with Speech services by Google alone... unhappy about it)
    • Self-care: Finch (self-care turstworthy app), Noice (makes nice background noise), personnalize wisely with your own music your notifications and alarms & disable useless ones & disable vibrations.
    • For more clean customization without messing with the system: Magisk (?)

I've been previously taking some time to choose apps & review all settings of everything to take control of my digital life.
    Can take 1+ full day + extra time later to adjust.

Now I am considering deleting Signal's data & uninstall & restore from app's backup, in hope to force enable push notifications and save some battery instead of an every 30s connection to Internet (thanks logcat).
    Seems good to check apps permission and check if they register well in MicroG.

I'll try out some configurations to fix the microphone low sensitivity issue and feedback.

Ask me if you want more updates about my findings now I have a more stable system to play with

:)
    s
    Ask me if you want more updates about my findings now I have a more stable system to play with

:)
    s
    Do you have a tl:dr ?
    So, you have 2 klte devices g900v.

Device A was running LOS 18.1 just fine until an OTA.
    After OTA, modem (data, call & texts) were broken.
    SIM card tested sucessfully with other device.
    Flashed device A to stock: ALL_VZW_G900VVRU2DQL1_G900VVZW2DQL1_CL8025411_QB16020535_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

-
    Then I'm not sure if modem worked for a moment or not at all.

What do you mean with "booted backup to find a text to come through at first and then fail again." ?
    -

Then, you used RootTools to customize your running system. - Which likely won't solve the modem issue - : calls & text & mms worked for a while, not data. After a reboot, modem is failling.

You bought a new g900v with stock fw, let's call it device B.
    Modem works with it, as well as in LOS 18.1.
    But modem broke again with an OTA upgrade.

I suspect an incompatible BL and modem version to run properly from Android 6.
    As it have been with mine until I forced it to upgrade from stock fw, following the steps from my previous post.

I am doubtful about LOS18.1 OTA breaking modem in such way it doesn't work back from stock Android 6 fw.

If my tutorial doesn't work for you,
    I suggest you to flash latest Android 5 stock fw and see if modem is working and stable.
    Then upgrade with Odin to the oldest Android 6 version with the same country&carrier code.

Now if modem works reliably, you should be able to restore your LOS18.1 backups if you have it, and enjoy a working modem :)

Few questions:

- Can you specify the current running bootloader version of your devices from getprop cmd or equivalent? Is it matching your flashing files?

- Can you specify which version of Android was running on your new device B g900v, before flashing LOS 18.1?

- Do you have a backup of your stock Samsung system+modem to flash back with TWRP?
    - Have you made a modem and EFS partitions backup before the OTA, when modem worked?
    - Can you provide Odin's both log to check which partitions are flashed back to stock from the 2 differents .tar.md5 files you used?

First off - Thank you for this great write up with detailed steps!

I ran through this a few times with these steps (trying to stay concise):

- Performed the 'clean' steps by wiping the system and cache in the Android Recovery. (no TWRP yet here)
    - Used Odin to flash 4.2GB file:
    ALL_VZW_G900VVRU2DQL1_G900VVZW2DQL1_CL8025411_QB16020535_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    - Odin flash passed successfully. Bootup, initial Samsung config (bypassing most). Connected to Wifi.
    - Inserted SIMM and booted backup to find a text to come through at first and then fail again.
    - Mobile data and voice calls both failed.
    - Rebooted several times with no change.
    - Swapped SIMM back to unmodded g900v, which worked fine.
    - Waited 12 hours and swapped the SIMM back to the test phone.
    - Booted several times with the same voice and mobile data failures.

At this point, I realized that I probably needed TWRP installed and such. Followed these steps:

- Stepped through another post to use RootTools package to setup TWRP and re-root the phone.
    - After the steps completed successfully this was the reported status of the phone from the post:
    "When finally booted you will have an unlocked bootloader with TWRP recovery running a Deodexed Rooted QL1 stock MM 6.0 Rom Rooted with Magisk."
    - Powered off the phone and installed the SIMM card.
    - Booted up and completed the Samsung setup with SIMM card installed.
    - Found everything to work, including MMS without WiFi - except mobile data/browsing.
    - Rebooted to find voice calls to fail along with mobile data.
    - Used TWRP to format data and wipe directed cache, data, Dalvik.
    - Used Odin to flash 2.848GB file:
    G900VVRU2DQL1_G900VVZW2DQL1_G900VVRU2DQL1_HOME.tar.md5
    - Completed the setup again.
    - Found both voice calls and mobile data to fail through several reboots.
    - Moved SIMM card to third test phone (also failing after upgrade) running latest LineageOS.
    - Voice calls and mobile failed.
    - Moved the SIMM card back to unmodded g900v and tested all successfully.

Quick problem rundown here:
    - I had a g900v running LineageOS 18.1 smoothly.
    - OTA update caused mobile data to fail.
    - Purchased a stock g900v and tested with same SIMM successfully.
    - Upgraded new phone to LineageOS 18.1.
    - Tested new phone successfully.
    - OTA update again caused the new phone's mobile data to fail.
    - Every attempt to get the new test phone's mobile data working have failed.
    - Trying to get it back to stock and working so I can figure out which update killed them.

Hope I gave you the right amount of info here. If I can provide anything else please let me know. It just seems to me like an OTA update must have modded/added something that is being left behind during the flashing process. I'm at a loss - any help will certainly be appreciated.
    As your bootloader is Android 6 compatible, no need to go through my tutorial.

Samsung stock recovery says "wipe", but it formats the partition.

About your troubles to boot twrp, I suggest you to pull out the battery as soon as the phone is restarting after Odin flash. Or alternatively, just keeping Home + up volume keys pressed when the flash process just ends.

Because Samsung's system overwrites the recovery at boot.

I've been checking in Lineageos commits changelogs for klte, klte-common and the msm SoC, I found nothing that a recent OTA could have broke so far.

Is there another sim card you could check with?
    Is APN settings good?
    Also, is it just about no mobile data at this stage, or no mobile network connectivity?
    20170102T093800.jpg

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Galaxy S5 Supported Models/Variants & Download Links
    klte - SM-G900AZ, SM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8, SM-S902L
    klteactivexx - SM-G870F
    kltechn - SM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
    kltechnduo - SM-G9006W, SM-G9008W
    klteduos - SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltedv - SM-G900I, SM-G900P
    kltekdi - SCL-23
    kltekor - SM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

Use version 3.2.1-0 or newer of TWRP

How to install?
    • Download the latest TWRP version
    • Download the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Download Links
    ROM: https://download.lineageos.org/
    GApps: https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html
    TWRP: https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxys5qualcomm.html

Credits
    Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community
    @haggertk Official Maintainer

Source Code :
    Github: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Code Review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Android Version: 9.x Pie
    when testing for mobile data wifi can't be turned on it does not make it credible to other devs that are trying to figure out why this is happening on only one variant , so what you have displayed there is not credible to us . Wifi needs to be completely off and you must show and app or a page or a file being downloaded only from mobile data . Because I work with bruno ( im on the kernel side of things ) and we keep seeing reports like this ) but I also have a vzw and i cannot reproduce this at all . so we need to figure out is it SIM data or CDMA data or is it certain Provider's data that are working , is it different bands that are somehow allowing data to slip by into the device ect.... do understand we are hoping to help all oher variants to gain data as well so we def need your help .

And the actual klte* maintainer cannot reproduce non-working mobile data. On both a G900F with GSM service and a G900V with actual VZW service. CDMA data is the same as SIM data. Bands don't let data "slip by".

Now, I got an email that indicated that it seemed that IPv6 mobile data is working and IPv4 isn't. That's a curious, and plausible, finding. Maybe those with non-working mobile data want to report status related to that. Note that if people want to relay things to me then I only care about results on builds that I create (read: I know what went into them).

Edit -- OK, pretty sure I got it. I'll upload a build in a bit.

Edit 2 -- Uploaded
    Ok guys, pretty sure we figured out what's causing the boot issues on a whole variety of devices (op2, op3, klte* that isn't klte). Should be fixed in tomorrow's build.
    Could you guys running haggertk's 16.0 beta build 2018-11-08 check under About phone & tell me the SELinux status please?

haggertk is a lazy moron and hasn't worked out sepolicy for P yet, so it's still permissive as forced by https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/224917

More seriously, I hope to finally iron out policy this week. Been busy and wanted to do it right.

Regarding how important is it - I do not run devices as daily drivers without being enforcing. Quite a few security vulnerabilities are mitigated by selinux and legacy devices with legacy blobs can use belts and suspenders.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    No, hotspot is not working...
    Yeah, I forgot to go back and re-test after setting selinux to enforcing. I'll re-spin builds today to fix that.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk