[ROM] [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.x ALL VARIANTS

Search This thread

warism100

Jan 8, 2016
I have a G900V.

Today I attempted to update to haggertk's 20190109 build, but upon rebooting to system, the phone does the standard "Phone is starting" progress bar on the home screen and then the whole system abruptly dies. The screen goes black and the phone does not respond to any button inputs.

I figured, OK - dirty flashing is not going to work. So I wiped data and did a clean flash. Upon boot, phone does the "Just a sec..." screen, and then same thing, drops to a black screen and the phone is a paperweight.

Next I tried a full nandroid restore from a working configuration to reset all partitions, then wiped data and clean flashed 20190109. Same black screen issue.

Next I figured maybe this is an issue with this particular build, so I reverted to the previous working release I was running, 20181203. Same black screen issue.

So at this point, I see two possibilities. One is that something is broken in software that was not recovered by my nandroid restore. In that case, how can I odin/twrp to stock without re-locking my bootloader/resetting my CID? The other possibility is that my phone has finally completely died and this is a hardware problem.

Any thoughts?
did you see black screen too when you go to twrp?

Re: S5 SM-G900V Black Screen On Boot

I have a G900V. ...attempted to update to haggertk's 20190109 build, but upon rebooting to system, the phone does the standard "Phone is starting" progress bar on the home screen and then the whole system abruptly dies. The screen goes black and the phone does not respond to any button inputs.

...I wiped data and did a clean flash. Upon boot, phone does the "Just a sec..." screen, and then same thing...

Next I tried a full nandroid restore from a working configuration to reset all partitions, then wiped data and clean flashed 20190109. Same black screen issue.

Next I figured maybe this is an issue with this particular build, so I reverted to the previous working release I was running, 20181203. Same black screen issue.

...how can I odin/twrp to stock without re-locking my bootloader/resetting my CID? The other possibility is that my phone has finally completely died and this is a hardware problem...

Wow, sounds bad. :eek:

I don't know the specifics about the S5 SM-G900V & unlocking it's bootloader as my S5 G900M was never locked but flashing the most recent stock Samsung firmware for your S5 would be a good option to try to fix corrupted partitions or bootloader. Maybe @KazuDante who owns a G900V could help?

Meanwhile two suggestions & I'm copy/pasting some stuff from the Super Clean Install post:

Maybe your bootloader (named aboot in the S5) is corrupted. If you don't have it already get the most recent @ the present bootloader/modem combo in haggertk's > Root > Bootloader_Modem_Firmware > Android-M > SM-G900V: G900VVRU2DQL1_G900VVRU2DQL1_Baseband_Firmware.tar.md5 (Feb. 2018) and flash it using the most recent (@ the present) Odin3 v3.13.1: https://dl.sammobile.com/Odin3-v3.13.1.zip & using the AP button to add the file.

I described how I updated my S5 here: S5 Odin Flashable Modem & Bootloader

And let Odin reboot the S5. If it still fails to boot:

In TWRP use Format Data which rebuilds the entire file system of the Data partition including the internal sdcard instead of using wipe that only deletes files of Data without affecting the internal sdcard (screenshot).

See TWRP FAQ: What is a data/media device? for detailed explanations.

TWRP_Format_Data_curiousrom.png

In TWRP after Format Data > Advanced wipe of Cache, Dalvik / Art Cache & System & reboot to Recovery before installing haggertk's LineageOS 16.0 most recent build @ the present 2019-01-09 firmware + Open GApps (if you wish) then reboot to System.

If you want to use Magisk flash it only after your boot problem is fixed.

In TWRP MTP is enabled by default so you could copy the files you want to flash to the external Micro SD card of remove it from the phone & use a card reader to connect to a computer.

You could also backup the content of your internal sdcard because Format Data will destroy all it's content as explained in the FAQ linked above & as seen in the red type warning of the screenshot.

Good luck & please report back if you fix your problem or not. :cool:

Edit: @stiltzkin - Did you completely uninstall Magisk as recommended in New S5 LineageOS 16.0 haggertk 2019-01-09 Build! - Report & Bugs before trying to update from build 2018-12-03 to 2019-01-09? And did you wipe anything & flash Open GApps in the same session if you had it with your previous setup?

Last edited:
I have a G900V.

So at this point, I see two possibilities. One is that something is broken in software that was not recovered by my nandroid restore. In that case, how can I odin/twrp to stock without re-locking my bootloader/resetting my CID? The other possibility is that my phone has finally completely died and this is a hardware problem.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts:

- what @curiousrom said, I guess he can type faster than me lol

Here is how @haggertk himself updates his 900v baseband

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/uni...-14-0-galaxy-s5-android-t3476433/post70429163

Reactions: curiousrom
Re: Flashing Bootloader & Modem - WPS WiFi?

My thoughts: - what @curiousrom said, I guess he can type faster than me lol Here is how @ haggertk himself updates his 900v baseband https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/uni...-14-0-galaxy-s5-android-t3476433/post70429163

"...I guess he can type faster than me.. - You must be extra slow because I'm a slow two-finger typer. ;) I often cheat as I save most of my posts in a master .txt file so copy/pasting some relevant parts saves some typing.

All the files that haggertk is listing in the post you linked to are included in his Odin flashable bootloader/modem combos except for the KLTEVZW Modem-Firmware which includes only the modem files: modem.bin & non-hlos.bin and nothing else.:

...Bootloader is aboot, not boot (boot is the kernel and ramdisk). Modem is the modem, but only the 2/3g side of the modem - lte is the non-hlos. I really prefer to flash the full firmware set myself, so I do all of these:
NON-HLOS.bin
aboot.mbn (don't do this one on VZW unless you hate yourself)
modem.bin
rpm.mbn
sbl1.mbn
sdi.mbn
tz.mbn

Edit: Thanks for the pointer @BlueCyclone :good:. I added a note about those files in the S5 Odin Flashable Modem & Bootloader post & in the attached Odin3 screenshot > Log you can see those files successfully flashed.

WPS?

Probably stupid question but on the haggertk build how do you enable wps?

There are no stupid questions & I learned something as I did not know what wps was so I ran this site search: site:xdaforums.com/ wps which led me to this thread [APP] [4.2+] WPS WiFi Tester - Hack with amounts of static pins and 30+ algorithms which says:

"WPS WiFi is the kind of WiFi network which uses 8 digits PIN to access. Unlike password protected WiFi, WPS WiFi only allows numeric digits to be set as the key, which may be vulnerable..." :eek:

I checked in my S5 LineageOS 16.0 haggertk 2019-01-09 Build & did not find any WiFi settings to change to WPS. My guess is that if you connect to a WiFi network w/ WPS then it is set automatically to WPS instead of WPA2 PSK Security.

You could check that by long pressing on the network's name after connecting to it. Or try the app linked in that thread.

Please report back if this is correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueCyclone

adbpusher123

Nov 16, 2013
Does anyone know how to edit the param file on the s5 ive done development for the s5 neo and was able to change the splash screen of the s5neo was wodering I could do hat aswell with normal s5 klte

aslo bug report idk ill have to get a logcat of it but if I use a ram intensive app that's root it will auto restart the phone I use Zanti3 for pen testing networks and everytime I try and scan it will get to 15% done and reboot my phone

it appears it happens to a lot of root apps it causes kernel panic and the phone will then reboot csploit,zanti3.18,luckey patcher has even rebooted on me

Last edited:

James160103

Sep 9, 2017
London
Does anyone know how to edit the param file on the s5 ive done development for the s5 neo and was able to change the splash screen of the s5neo was wodering I could do hat aswell with normal s5 klte

aslo bug report idk ill have to get a logcat of it but if I use a ram intensive app that's root it will auto restart the phone I use Zanti3 for pen testing networks and everytime I try and scan it will get to 15% done and reboot my phone

it appears it happens to a lot of root apps it causes kernel panic and the phone will then reboot csploit,zanti3.18,luckey patcher has even rebooted on me

Concerning the boot logo: I don't think you can change it as it's part of the bootloader. As far as I know you can only change the logo on Exynos phones.
In case you'd like to have the new "Powered by Android" logo just flash the latest firmware and you'll have it.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: curiousrom

fitittome

Jan 6, 2017
Cardiff
Webm Video

https://www.elecard.com/storage/video/Stream1_AV1_720p_1.5mbps.webm

Can't seem to get this to work in Bromite and also crashes with the in-built browser.

Using the the Unofficial 16.0 klte build from 9JAN2019.

There is one curious line the logcat:-

01-21 12:25:49.046 I/chromium(4466): [INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Refused to load the image 'https://www.elecard.com/storage/thumbs/1_1280x_FFFFFF/images/Video%20Previews/Summer_in_Tomsk.png' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "img-src 'self' data: api.mywot.com".

It makes me curious about api.mywot.com is because it's not a Bromite thing...... The crash in Browser (Jelly) is more dramatic and makes me think it maybe Stagefright related. Also, I can see some work in progress on Stagefright

Attachments

• CPU-Z_S5_klte.png
    CPU-Z_S5_klte.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
Reactions: Ibuprophen

mkosel

Nov 25, 2017
Have you tried turning off the phone, removing & reinserting the SIM card then turning back on?

From this EFS Partitions: What They Are And How To Get It Back If Lost thread:

"EFS stands for Encrypted File System. Imagine the EFS as a big folder containing all of the important stuff that makes the "phone" part of your phone... It contains your IMEI, lots of files revolving around your SIM card and Wifi/Bluetooth (this includes your MAC address for all the radios of your phone), and lots of other things..."

Yes you can restore any part of a full TWRP backup depending on the situation including only the EFS partition in your case to fix a No Network and/or a No IMEI problem.

Thanks for your help. I was able to restore my EFS partition from a previous backup.

However I have since had a second corruption of the EFS partition that I was able to fix via a restore. Is there a way to identify what is causing the EFS corruption? In my mind I think this could either be from Magisk 18.0 or LineageOS 16.0 on my 900v. any suggestions to track down the trouble maker?

warism100

Jan 8, 2016
yes there something not ok with battery calibration
i saw that when i unplug my phone from charger
it have 90 % after few minut it show me 100%
same problem happened with oreo too

Couchy

Feb 25, 2017
Latest haggertk build - Is anyone else having a problem with notification sounds sometimes being cut short or not playing at all?

Cast - Miracast or Wifi Display Not Working - Mirroring Workaround

I can confirm that Cast (Miracast or Wifi display) is not working on my S5 G900M LineageOS 16.0 Pie build 2019-02-09 + Open GApps ARM 9.0 Pico + Magisk v18.0. No custom kernel or any other system modifications.

Added to New S5 LineageOS 16.0 haggertk 2019-02-09 Build! - Bug Report.

I don't think that it's a bug. It's simply not enabled yet as this unofficial build is a work in progress on it's way to becoming official. @haggertk could confirm this. Meanwhile check the LineageOS Gerrit links below.

Did not test Chromecast as I don't have a Chromecast enabled device to project to.

I can mirror & control the S5 using scrcpy as described in the scrcpy chapter below.

LineageOS Cast Test Setup:
On my S3 i9300 running official LineageOS 14.1 > Settings > Display > Cast > 3-dots > Enable wireless display. The S3's screen was immediatly mirrored on the laptop after enabling Cast.

It failed with the S5 G900M running haggertk's klte Unofficial LineageOS 16.0 Pie build 2019-02-09. Settings > Connected devices > Connection preferences > Cast > 3-dots > Enable wireless display. In the Cast panel the S5 is seeing the laptop but fails to project to the PC. The PC is not finding the S5 Wifi display as illustrated in the second screen capture.

Cast_LineageOS_16-0_2019-01-09_S5_curiousrom.png Projecting_To_This_PC_S5_16-0_curiousrom.jpg

I captured a logcat on both Galaxy devices using the fast & easy SysLog after a fresh reboot. Some selected lines:

Sorry for the clutter XDA app users as the Hide function does not work in the app.

S3 i9300 LineageOS 14.1:

I/chatty ( 768): uid=1000(system) WifiP2pService expire 11 lines
I/WifiDisplayController( 768): Initiated connection to Wifi display: MyComputer-UX330
I/wpa_supplicant( 1012): P2P-PROV-DISC-PBC-RESP f8:94:c2:xx:xx:xx
I/wpa_supplicant( 1012): P2P-DEVICE-FOUND fa:94:c2:xx:xx:xx p2p_dev_addr=f8:94:c2:xx:xx:xx pri_dev_type=7-0050F200-0 name='MyComputer-UX330' config_methods=0x88 dev_capab=0x25 group_capab=0x8b wfd_dev_info=0x01011c440006 new=0

I/WifiDisplayController( 2390): Connected to Wifi display: MyComputer-UX330

S5 LineageOS unofficial klte 16.0 build 2019-01-09:

I/wpa_supplicant( 1012): p2p0: WPS-PBC-ACTIVE
I/wpa_supplicant( 1012): p2p0: Trying to associate with fa:94:c2:xx:xx:xx (SSID='DIRECT-HRMyComputer-UX330msEZ' freq=2412 MHz)
I/wpa_supplicant( 1012): p2p0: Association request to the driver failed

I/WifiDisplayController( 768): Timed out waiting for Wifi display connection after 30 seconds: MyComputer-UX330
I/WifiDisplayController( 768): Wifi display connection failed!

These pages in the LineageOS Gerrit are interesting:

So it seems that Google removed support for Miracast in Pie, probably to push their data collecting Chromecast. :eek: Check Requirements for Chromecast devices and Requirements for Google Home and Chromecast devices. And Google Home requieres in turn the data collecting Google Assistant while Miracast requieres none of those.

But thankfully some LineageOS devs are working on Miracast - Wifi display. And maybe an XDA dev will come up with a hack to enable it in Android 9.0 Pie.

LineageOS Gerrit searches:

S5 Screen Mirroring Using scrcpy via USB

I can successfully mirror & control the S5 via USB or wirelessly in my laptop using scrpy - Display and control your Android device > README.md.

It is very easy to use:

• S5 > Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options > Debugging > Android debugging & Debugging notify enabled.
  • The S5's screen must be turned on but > Display > Brightness level can be turned down all the way to 0% & scrcpy still works (30% for my taste).
  • Settings > Display > Advanced > Sleep > 30 minutes for me until I'm finished with the scrcpy session.
  • On Windows 10 64-bit I downloaded scrcpy-win64-v1.6.zip, unzipped it, copied the scrcpy-win64 folder to the root of C drive.
    I did not try the Linux & Mac OS versions.
  • Connected the S5 to computer via USB cable. Grant adb debugging permission on the phone if asked.
  • PC > File Explorer > in the navigation bar of C:\scrcpy-win64 typed CMD & hit Enter to open the Command Prompt & then typed scrcpy & hit Enter: done!
I can then see the S5 display on my laptop & control it with a mouse & the keyboard shortcuts described in > scrcpy - Display and control your Android device > README.md > Shortcuts without touching the S5's buttons.

I attached a screenshot made on the laptop using Alt + Print Screen & pasting in Paint.

scrcpy_USB_Developer_Options_S5_16-0_curiousrom.PNG

S5 Screen Mirroring Wirelessly Using scrcpy

• Connect the S5 to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
  • S5 > Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options > Debugging: Android debugging, Debugging notify & ADB over network enabled (read the warning about enabling this only on trusted networks).
  • ADB over network now shows your S5's IP. It's 192.168.1.2:5555 in my case.
  • A status bar notification appears: ADB over network enabled.
  • Type CMD in File Explorer's navigation bar of C:\scrcpy-win64 & hit Enter to open the Command Prompt.
  • Type & hit Enter after each line:
    adb connect 192.168.1.2:5555 (change for your S5's IP on that network). Grant adb debugging permission on the phone if asked.
    scrcpy

Done! I can see my S5's screen on the laptop & control it with a mouse and the keyboard shortcuts described in the README.md's Shortcuts or via the S5's screen as normal. I attached a screenshot made on the laptop.

scrcpy_Command_Prompt_Wireless_S5_16-0_curiousrom.PNG scrcpy_Wireless_Developer_Options_S5_16-0_curiousrom.PNG

When you are finished > tap on the ADB over network enabled notification which will open Developer options & disable ADB over network. Or reboot which will disable it.

I always keep Android debugging & Debugging notify enabled to fix some problems, reboot the S5 if the screen or buttons are not responsive (adb reboot), capture logcat, etc.

Note if you get this error when switching from a scrcpy USB session to wireless or vice versa or when connecting an other device:

adb: error: failed to get feature set: more than one device/emulator
ERROR: "adb push" returned with value 1
Press any key to continue...

Just type this & hit Enter after each line:
adb disconnect
scrcpy

Or read this scrcpy Github thread: Add multiple devices support to mirror

Check this scrcpy @®om dev's blog about how it works technically: Introducing scrcpy. On Reddit with some user comments & questions: Introducing scrcpy, an app to display and control Android devices

Hope this is helpful to somebody. Feedback is always appreciated. :cool:

does screen mirroring work? to me no
It doesn't work for me either. I think it's some sort of unknown bug.
...Is screen mirroring or streaming now working?
If by screen mirroring you mean casting your phone screen to a TV wirelessly, this has worked for me for the last several builds. Using 900t with latest baseband. Btw, also using open gapps nano

@djbrzos - Could you give some details please?:confused: Are you using Chromecast? Which app & settings on your S5? Using a dongle on the TV? TV settings?

Yes this is what I mean and some other users are having the same problem.
I'm using KLTE and haggertk's 20181210...
I think it is somehow, a model specific problem. I am experiencing this issues with my phone. I'm on kltedv 20190109 (G900P) builds by the way.
almost all android 9 had this issue.. cant cast nor screen mirror

100% Battery Rebooting @ 92%

The battery seems to have a BUG. After the battery is fully charged, it will restart. The power is only 92%, and the same is true for another battery!
yes there something not ok with battery calibration
i saw that when i unplug my phone from charger
it have 90 % after few minut it show me 100% same problem happened with oreo too

This is a known issue (or a feature?) & caused by a Samsung charging driver maximum battery voltage limitation. See New S5 LineageOS 16.0 haggertk 2019-01-09 Build! - Report & Bugs > 9. Battery charging...

Last edited:

warism100

Jan 8, 2016
@curiousrom , i dont think this is a feature coz it
doesn't happen with CM13 ,lineageos 13,14.1,
with oreo or pie i can't trust what i see in
( % battery )
so i can just reboot to recovery and see the right
value (% battery)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20170102T093800.jpg

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Galaxy S5 Supported Models/Variants & Download Links
    klte - SM-G900AZ, SM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8, SM-S902L
    klteactivexx - SM-G870F
    kltechn - SM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
    kltechnduo - SM-G9006W, SM-G9008W
    klteduos - SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltedv - SM-G900I, SM-G900P
    kltekdi - SCL-23
    kltekor - SM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

Use version 3.2.1-0 or newer of TWRP

How to install?
    • Download the latest TWRP version
    • Download the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Download Links
    ROM: https://download.lineageos.org/
    GApps: https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html
    TWRP: https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxys5qualcomm.html

Credits
    Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community
    @haggertk Official Maintainer

Source Code :
    Github: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Code Review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Android Version: 9.x Pie
    when testing for mobile data wifi can't be turned on it does not make it credible to other devs that are trying to figure out why this is happening on only one variant , so what you have displayed there is not credible to us . Wifi needs to be completely off and you must show and app or a page or a file being downloaded only from mobile data . Because I work with bruno ( im on the kernel side of things ) and we keep seeing reports like this ) but I also have a vzw and i cannot reproduce this at all . so we need to figure out is it SIM data or CDMA data or is it certain Provider's data that are working , is it different bands that are somehow allowing data to slip by into the device ect.... do understand we are hoping to help all oher variants to gain data as well so we def need your help .

And the actual klte* maintainer cannot reproduce non-working mobile data. On both a G900F with GSM service and a G900V with actual VZW service. CDMA data is the same as SIM data. Bands don't let data "slip by".

Now, I got an email that indicated that it seemed that IPv6 mobile data is working and IPv4 isn't. That's a curious, and plausible, finding. Maybe those with non-working mobile data want to report status related to that. Note that if people want to relay things to me then I only care about results on builds that I create (read: I know what went into them).

Edit -- OK, pretty sure I got it. I'll upload a build in a bit.

Edit 2 -- Uploaded
    Ok guys, pretty sure we figured out what's causing the boot issues on a whole variety of devices (op2, op3, klte* that isn't klte). Should be fixed in tomorrow's build.
    Could you guys running haggertk's 16.0 beta build 2018-11-08 check under About phone & tell me the SELinux status please?

haggertk is a lazy moron and hasn't worked out sepolicy for P yet, so it's still permissive as forced by https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/224917

More seriously, I hope to finally iron out policy this week. Been busy and wanted to do it right.

Regarding how important is it - I do not run devices as daily drivers without being enforcing. Quite a few security vulnerabilities are mitigated by selinux and legacy devices with legacy blobs can use belts and suspenders.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    No, hotspot is not working...
    Yeah, I forgot to go back and re-test after setting selinux to enforcing. I'll re-spin builds today to fix that.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk