P6tVwPF.jpg

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the Official LineageOS 17.1 thread for the Moto G6 Plus, codename evert.

Information:

Installation

Downloads:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto G6 Plus

Contributors
Jleeblanch, erfanoabdi
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Android Pie (9.0) Stock Firmware

Last edited:

SamuelYNWA

Jan 21, 2017
what's wrong with my phone and how do I fix it when installing lineage17.1 ....? Because I always lose IMEI and Wi-Fi and I can never recover (is restarting alone too) only on 17.0..(only lineage 17.0 I can recover IMEI and Wi-Fi) And going back to stock 9 I also can't...
Thanks for the project and support!
(Google Translator)

Last edited:

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
what's wrong with my phone and how do I fix it when installing lineage17.1 ....? Because I always lose IMEI and Wi-Fi and I can never recover (is restarting alone too) only on 17.0..(only lineage 17.0 I can recover IMEI and Wi-Fi) And going back to stock 9 I also can't...
Thanks for the project and support!
(Google Translator)
Sounds to me like your /persist partition is full.

Check this thread for more info, including how to fix it so you can get back to flashing ROMs or stock or whatever you want [emoji6]

Reactions: SamuelYNWA

andoruB

Oct 2, 2011
Okay, tried to upgrade, while I tried from the default Android Recovery that came with LOS 16, I got this error:

Code:
Error applying update: 26 (ErrorCode::kDownloadMetadataSignatureMismatch)
E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 1)

So then I tried to boot TWRP from an image through ADB and did the ADB sideload from there. It seemed to have gone well, with the exception at the end, where it complained that it could not find the /cache partition. (I've chose in TWRP to wipe the Dalvik and normal cache, so I assumed it wasn't a big problem).
After rebooting, I noticed the phone was stuck at the boot animation (the one with the swiping circle) and did not progress from it after leaving it 20+ minutes. I then tried to boot into recovery, and I did notice the new Lineage recovery. I tried doing an ADB sideload from there, but that also gave me an error with the signature mismatch. I then booted yet again into TWRP to try to install the zip file through TWRP directly as I have downloaded the zip files to the phone storage. While trying to access the phone's storage (data partition), I noticed all the folders and files had garbled filenames (random strings of letters and numbers). So then I went on to download the zip file again on an mSD card, and tried installing it through TWRP, and after restarting, I still am stuck at the boot logo.

Considering the filenames in the data partition were garbled, I assume it has something to do with the fact that the data on the phone was previously encrypted, and the upgrade didn't take that into account. Also noticed that on the second time I booted into TWRP, it no longer asked for the encryption pattern/PIN as it did prior to the upgrade.

Are there any steps I can take to fix this?
EDIT: If it requires wiping the data partition, is there some method of recovering the data?

Last edited:

hmillos

Sep 23, 2011
Bogotá
Any big changes from the unofficial (at the time) 03/12 build? (I think that's the one I flashed last week)

Apr 4, 2020
From stock g6+ RETEU XT1926-3_EVERT_RETEU_DS_9.0_PPWS29.116-20-16

Steps taken:
0. fastboot set_active a
1. fastboot flash boot_a lineage-17.1-20200403-recovery-evert.img
2. Reboot to new recovery
3. adb sideload copy-partitions.zip
3. Factory Reset / Wipe Data + Wipe System from Recovery
4. adb sideload lineage-17.1-20200403-nightly-evert-signed.zip
5. reboot from recovery

Failed Result:
At this point usb-c cable is still connected and lineage continues to load

After asking for simcard pin and proceeding through lineage initial setup (date time etc.) cellular radio is disconnected and unable to connect no matter what. The IMEI is in place, the sim is detected and unlocked with pin code. Tested with single and dual sims in all configurations, phone purchased new in Germany, Vodafone.de sims.

The wifi works fine.

Almost immediately after unplugging the usb-c cable the shutting down spin dialogue appears and the phone reboots to recovery "Can't load Android system. Your data ma......"

Eventually the phone boots again but if the usb-c cable is not connected it shuts itself down within 30 seconds of booting, and the modems continue refusing to connect.

After reflashing the stock rom XT1926-3_EVERT_RETEU_DS_9.0_PPWS29.116-20-16 everything works fine as normal, stability and connectivity returns.

Same thing happens if open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200403.zip is sideloaded.

Any tips?

Last edited:

charwed

Jan 29, 2011
dm-verity" warning at boot

Hello to you,

Is there a way to get rid of dm verity warning at boot after flashing lineage os v17.1, rom works verry good,
Have not seen any problems yet, using with minimal google gapps.

Thank you

Hi there. First, I'd like to thanks to Jleeblanch for the great job of bring the experience of Android 10 to the oldschool Moto G6 Plus!
The ROM is awesome, I really like it. The only feature that is not working for me is the mobile network (mobile data). The first release (April's 1) had the bug of the sound calling that wasn't working, but it was done after the nightly update. So, could you please fix the mobile data bug?

Thank you in advance. Great job!

hmillos

Sep 23, 2011
Bogotá
Hi there. First, I'd like to thanks to Jleeblanch for the great job of bring the experience of Android 10 to the oldschool Moto G6 Plus!
The ROM is awesome, I really like it. The only feature that is not working for me is the mobile network (mobile data). The first release (April's 1) had the bug of the sound calling that wasn't working, but it was done after the nightly update. So, could you please fix the mobile data bug?

Thank you in advance. Great job!

Try changing your preferred network type. When i flashed my phone it said "Global" and had no signal, but then i changed it to GSM/WCDMA/LTE and everything it's working except for VoLTE

Reactions: riancarlos18
Try changing your preferred network type. When i flashed my phone it said "Global" and had no signal, but then i changed it to GSM/WCDMA/LTE and everything it's working except for VoLTE
I've tried to change the network type to GSM/WCDMA/LTE, but it didn't work, among others, but it all fails. After that, I did an update to April's 4 nightly version that just came out (with the change "sdm660-common: Force enable mobile network settings v2"), but nothing happens here. My G6 Plus stills lacking the mobile data.

Thank you for trying to help. Still waiting for a solution :good:

Mar 27, 2019
Okay, tried to upgrade, while I tried from the default Android Recovery that came with LOS 16, I got this error:

So then I tried to boot TWRP from an image through ADB and did the ADB sideload from there. It seemed to have gone well, with the exception at the end, where it complained that it could not find the /cache partition. (I've chose in TWRP to wipe the Dalvik and normal cache, so I assumed it wasn't a big problem).
After rebooting, I noticed the phone was stuck at the boot animation (the one with the swiping circle) and did not progress from it after leaving it 20+ minutes. I then tried to boot into recovery, and I did notice the new Lineage recovery. I tried doing an ADB sideload from there, but that also gave me an error with the signature mismatch. I then booted yet again into TWRP to try to install the zip file through TWRP directly as I have downloaded the zip files to the phone storage. While trying to access the phone's storage (data partition), I noticed all the folders and files had garbled filenames (random strings of letters and numbers). So then I went on to download the zip file again on an mSD card, and tried installing it through TWRP, and after restarting, I still am stuck at the boot logo.

Considering the filenames in the data partition were garbled, I assume it has something to do with the fact that the data on the phone was previously encrypted, and the upgrade didn't take that into account. Also noticed that on the second time I booted into TWRP, it no longer asked for the encryption pattern/PIN as it did prior to the upgrade.

Are there any steps I can take to fix this?
EDIT: If it requires wiping the data partition, is there some method of recovering the data?
Try to wipe/format data/
Those numbers and that **** it means that all your OS is encrypted in your device, solution? Try to use ADB Sideload and install everything you need, Bootlogo, gapps, magisk, etc,

charwed

Jan 29, 2011
Boot problem

From stock g6+ RETEU XT1926-3_EVERT_RETEU_DS_9.0_PPWS29.116-20-16

Steps taken:
0. fastboot set_active a
1. fastboot flash boot_a lineage-17.1-20200403-recovery-evert.img
2. Reboot to new recovery
3. adb sideload copy-partitions.zip
3. Factory Reset / Wipe Data + Wipe System from Recovery
4. adb sideload lineage-17.1-20200403-nightly-evert-signed.zip
5. reboot from recovery

Failed Result:
At this point usb-c cable is still connected and lineage continues to load

After asking for simcard pin and proceeding through lineage initial setup (date time etc.) cellular radio is disconnected and unable to connect no matter what. The IMEI is in place, the sim is detected and unlocked with pin code. Tested with single and dual sims in all configurations, phone purchased new in Germany, Vodafone.de sims.

The wifi works fine.

Almost immediately after unplugging the usb-c cable the shutting down spin dialogue appears and the phone reboots to recovery "Can't load Android system. Your data ma......"

Eventually the phone boots again but if the usb-c cable is not connected it shuts itself down within 30 seconds of booting, and the modems continue refusing to connect.

After reflashing the stock rom XT1926-3_EVERT_RETEU_DS_9.0_PPWS29.116-20-16 everything works fine as normal, stability and connectivity returns.

Same thing happens if open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200403.zip is sideloaded.

Any tips?

I did the same as you, after flashing lineage os 171, i flashed minimal google gapps, then teset the phone from within recovery. I came from stock pie eu version, dual sim phone. I have used lineage recovery to flash lineage os v17.1, no problems at all with rom, only boot message is nerving.

Apr 4, 2020
I did the same as you, after flashing lineage os 171, i flashed minimal google gapps, then teset the phone from within recovery. I came from stock pie eu version, dual sim phone. I have used lineage recovery to flash lineage os v17.1, no problems at all with rom, only boot message is nerving.

Out of curiosity which 17.1 build did you flash exactly? 20200403? Did you use nano or micro gapps? XT1926-3 is your model no?

I had 2, what appeared to be separate problems:
  1. the usb-c disconnect shutdown which is independent of sims card configuration
  2. the 2x modems not enabling
Neither of which were present when re-flashing stock eu retail, and I went back and forth 3 times to confirm.

I can't understand if it was a problem with the modem partition or other firmware partitions, as those don't get touched when you sideload Lineage? Only Boot + System correct?

Last edited:

hmillos

Sep 23, 2011
Bogotá
Out of curiosity which 17.1 build did you flash exactly? 20200403? Did you use nano or micro gapps? XT1926-3 is your model no?

I had 2, what appeared to be separate problems:
  1. the usb-c disconnect shutdown which is independent of sims card configuration
  2. the 2x modems not enabling
Neither of which were present when re-flashing stock eu retail, and I went back and forth 3 times to confirm.

I can't understand if it was a problem with the modem partition or other firmware partitions, as those don't get touched when you sideload Lineage? Only Boot + System correct?

did you flash the copy-partitions.zip ?

charwed

Jan 29, 2011
Info about flashed rom

i have used the one dated april 4
from the official lineage website, now i have updated to
lineage_evert-userdebug 10 QQ2A.200305.003 dfee070f5c. i did used the
minimal gapps beta. package. from the cyanogenmod website. i did flashed copy partitions AB after flashing lineage recovery from the official lineage website.

Apr 4, 2020
did you flash the copy-partitions.zip ?

Yep, the first thing I did after entering the recovery, and it appeared to succeed each time.

I saw in the changes from 0403 to 0404 version:
sdm660-common: Update to clean Jasmine qti-telephony-common android_device_motorola_sdm660-common
sdm660-common: Force enable mobile network settings v2 android_device_motorola_sdm660-common

Sounds like it could be related, so maybe that fixed it, will test later.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P6tVwPF.jpg

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the Official LineageOS 17.1 thread for the Moto G6 Plus, codename evert.

Information:

Installation

Downloads:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto G6 Plus

Contributors
    Jleeblanch, erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android Pie (9.0) Stock Firmware
    Just a heads up, the LineageOS Team removed all builds dating back to the 23rd due to an internal issue the team is working out.

So be patient, new builds will be live again soon [emoji854]
    No new build since 23.4. Whats wrong? How is mic working in chat apps?
    I understand, the Lineage infrastructure was hurt that day, so there are no new images for any device. Lets be patient.
    Update to lineage-18.1-20210706-nightly-evert

VOLTE is still not working!

- LTE is working fine and i have internet access but cannot make a call
    Networktypes
    LTE/TD-SCDMA/CDMA/EvDo/GSM
    LTE/TD-SCDMA/GSM

- only edge for internet, but can make a call
    Networktype TD-SCDMA/CDMA/EvDo/GSM

It does show VOLTE provsioned in "*#*#4636#*#*".