[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 6 (shamu)

Search This thread

Elektroschmock

Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Winnenden
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 6
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Wiki.

Recovery
The LineageOS 17.1 reovery is recommended
If you still want to use TWRP never install the TWRP app as system app. Otherwise your device won't boot

Current lineage 17.1 shamu nightlies are based on the N6F27M October 2017 update from google.
So you should be using the radio and bootloader img from that update.
Before you flash a bootloader or radio image please boot to bootloader and check what you have currently installed. You might already have the right one and don't need to flash it again.

They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here.
Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:

radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.45+fsg-9625-02.117.img
bootloader-shamu-moto-apq8084-72.04.img

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR VERIZON USERS: Google released a separate October 2017 security update (NGI77B) just for verizon users that has a different radio. So you'll want to flash it. I repeat, THIS RADIO IS JUST FOR VERIZON USERS.

radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.51+fsg-9625-02.118.img

You can use fastboot to flash the bootloader and radio.

More information and installation instructions can be found on the LineageOS wiki here.

Download Links
LineageOS: https://download.lineageos.org/shamu
Google apps: Opengapps Use an ARM (not ARM64) package for Android 10

HEADS UP: When you initially install LineageOS, be sure you flash the gapps package with your ROM. If you boot your ROM, then go back and try to flash gapps after, you're gonna have a bad time.

Changelog

Builddate: 2020.06.17
Changes:
[new] June security updates
[new] LineageOS clock

Builddate: 2020.05.29
Changes:
[new] May security updates
[fix] ULL audio fixes
[new] Add back serif fonts
[fix] Screen turning itself on when no lockscreen is set
[new] Etar calendar

Builddate: 2020.04.12
Changes:
[new] April security updates ROM & kernel

Builddate: 2020.04.08
Changes:
[new] Initial LineagOS 17.1 release

Known Issues:
[bug] Trusted voice is not working and probably never will
[bug] TWRP is not able do decrypt your data if you encrypted it with lineage-16.0
[bug] IMS is not working - if you need it you have to stay on lineage-15.1

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
Elektroschmock, elektroschmock, npjohnson
Source Code: http://github.com/lineagos

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2020-04-08
Last Updated 2020-04-08

Last edited:

dlbarron

Nov 15, 2013
Cary
Should we wait for 17.1 to flash the radio and bootloader or can we do it now to get it out of the way?
What are the commands for flashing those two images?

Elektroschmock

Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Winnenden
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 6
Will there be a possibility to root?

Yes you can use your root solution of choice.
Only thing coming with the ROM is adb root.

Should we wait for 17.1 to flash the radio and bootloader or can we do it now to get it out of the way?
What are the commands for flashing those two images?

Actually you should already have those radio and bootloader images if you had the latest stock image installed at one point.

Commands are:

fastboot flash bootlader [name_of_the_bootloader_image]
and
fastboot flash radio [name_of_the_radio_image]

dlbarron

Nov 15, 2013
Cary
Actually you should already have those radio and bootloader images if you had the latest stock image installed at one point.

Commands are:

fastboot flash bootlader [name_of_the_bootloader_image]
and
fastboot flash radio [name_of_the_radio_image]

Actually, I've been running Lineage and CM before that since I brought the phone home. So there's no way I had the latest stock image installed ever. :D

Thanks, I'm all set

BootloopedMillennials

Dec 25, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Welp I did a stupid.

Flashed the new 17.1 recovery via fastboot. Then I tried to sideload via adb (based on the instructions) but Linux machine kept complaining about needs adb root. Tried with root permission nothing, Then came the stupid. Rebooted into recovery and tried to apply the update. Well that went how I expected, badly. Stuck on LOS loading screen.

Needed a fresh install anyway.

Stick to the instructions, guys.

xrenoix

Jul 11, 2010
clermont ferrand france
Welp I did a stupid.

Flashed the new 17.1 recovery via fastboot. Then I tried to sideload via adb (based on the instructions) but Linux machine kept complaining about needs adb root. Tried with root permission nothing, Then came the stupid. Rebooted into recovery and tried to apply the update. Well that went how I expected, badly. Stuck on LOS loading screen.

Needed a fresh install anyway.

Stick to the instructions, guys.

Hello you can flash twrp with your pc after boot in twrp flash 17.1 + gapps micro + magisk 20.4 + wipe data + wipe dalvik + wipe cache reboot and it work perfectly ! Ps no intall twrp app in twrp recovery before reboot or you have bootloop Cordialy

BIG THANKS @Elektroschmock very Nice work

Last edited:

BootloopedMillennials

Dec 25, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Hello you can flash twrp with your pc after boot in twrp flash 17.1 + gapps micro + magisk 20.4 + wipe data + wipe dalvik + wipe cache reboot and it work perfectly ! Ps no intall twrp app in twrp recovery before reboot or you have bootloop Cordialy

BIG THANKS @Elektroschmock very Nice work

My system got corrupted by the previous process. So I had to do a fresh install.

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
whats the exact steps to do in twrp.as i stated in los 16 thread i am blind and require twrp open script command line to flash my lineage builds in the past as i have to also enable accessibility services and talkback and google text to speech . so can that also be done with lineage recovery or am i just stuck with twrp and then install lineage 17.1 and open gapps . What's the best advice in my situation .

githyanki

Mar 11, 2009
Edmonton
whats the exact steps to do in twrp.as i stated in los 16 thread i am blind and require twrp open script command line to flash my lineage builds in the past as i have to also enable accessibility services and talkback and google text to speech . so can that also be done with lineage recovery or am i just stuck with twrp and then install lineage 17.1 and open gapps . What's the best advice in my situation .
Best would be to use built in update. Unless you want to do a clean install, there's no reason to do it.

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
the update inside of lineage is blocking updating to lineage 17.1 , i tried tha earlier and i jsut tried it again. then it gives the link to the wiki page.so thats not going to work.i will have to do the old method of flashing through twrp or hoping that there is a command line approach to flashing lineage through lineage recovery.

Elektroschmock

Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Winnenden
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 6

Sorry, I didn't ignore your question, but I first had to check.
It's kind of hard to imagine how a blind person would do it if you can see.

If you have Lineage recovery installed and are able to boot into recovery do the following steps:

Press the Volume Down button 1 time
Press the power button two times
You are now in the adb apply update mode.

There you can install all the zip files you want. I guess you script does the rebooting to system itself.

If you need further help just ask.

s_dino

Nov 24, 2008
@Elektroschmock
Thanks for your hard work!
I have two questions, if lineage recovery wipe the internal storage every time when I wipe the data or system? and when I flash the boot animation it seems not work. May you give some suggestion? Thank you!

Elektroschmock

Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Winnenden
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 6
@Elektroschmock
Thanks for your hard work!
I have two questions, if lineage recovery wipe the internal storage every time when I wipe the data or system? and when I flash the boot animation it seems not work. May you give some suggestion? Thank you!

The recovery doesn't do anything on it's own. If you want to wipe any partition you need to select the corrosponding entry in the recovery.

I don't know about which bootanimation you are talking about. Do you mean the bootloader?
Before you flash bootloader or radio image please boot to bootloader and check what you have currently installed. You might already have the right one.

s_dino

Nov 24, 2008
The recovery doesn't do anything on it's own. If you want to wipe any partition you need to select the corrosponding entry in the recovery.

I don't know about which bootanimation you are talking about. Do you mean the bootloader?
Before you flash bootloader or radio image please boot to bootloader and check what you have currently installed. You might already have the right one.

In TWRP I can select only wipe data/cache/system, the internal storage can be retained. The lineage recovery haven't the "wipe internal storage" option, so how can I wipe the data/system and keep the internal storage at the same time? Do I need to update the recovery version when I update the system daily build?
I mean I want use the google original boot animation to replace the lineage boot animation, but not success.

Last edited:

Elektroschmock

Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Winnenden
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 6
In TWRP I can select only wipe data/cache/system, the internal storage can be retained. The lineage recovery haven't the "wipe internal storage" option, so how can I wipe the data/system and keep the internal storage at the same time? Do I need to update the recovery version when I update the system daily build?
I mean I want use the google original boot animation to replace the lineage boot animation, but not success.

You still have those options:
Go to "Factory Reset"
There you can choose which partition you want to wipe.
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache
- Wipe system

I guess you want the "wipe system" option

Sorry we don't support modifying our builds for obvius reasons. If you want to do that you are on your own. Sorry.

I noticed this: "disable audio rotation tracking"
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_moto_shamu/+/272403

Is that the end of stereo sound in landscape? (Of course if that is necessary to fix the loss of sound in calls, it is totally worth it, just curious).

It's just a test. Non of us was able to trigger the loss of audio. Youl'll still have stereo but it won't switch channels if you turn your device.

Reactions: runekock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Wiki.

Recovery
    The LineageOS 17.1 reovery is recommended
    If you still want to use TWRP never install the TWRP app as system app. Otherwise your device won't boot

Current lineage 17.1 shamu nightlies are based on the N6F27M October 2017 update from google.
    So you should be using the radio and bootloader img from that update.
    Before you flash a bootloader or radio image please boot to bootloader and check what you have currently installed. You might already have the right one and don't need to flash it again.

They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here.
    Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:

radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.45+fsg-9625-02.117.img
    bootloader-shamu-moto-apq8084-72.04.img

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR VERIZON USERS: Google released a separate October 2017 security update (NGI77B) just for verizon users that has a different radio. So you'll want to flash it. I repeat, THIS RADIO IS JUST FOR VERIZON USERS.

radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.51+fsg-9625-02.118.img

You can use fastboot to flash the bootloader and radio.

More information and installation instructions can be found on the LineageOS wiki here.

Download Links
    LineageOS: https://download.lineageos.org/shamu
    Google apps: Opengapps Use an ARM (not ARM64) package for Android 10

HEADS UP: When you initially install LineageOS, be sure you flash the gapps package with your ROM. If you boot your ROM, then go back and try to flash gapps after, you're gonna have a bad time.

Changelog

Builddate: 2020.06.17
    Changes:
    [new] June security updates
    [new] LineageOS clock

Builddate: 2020.05.29
    Changes:
    [new] May security updates
    [fix] ULL audio fixes
    [new] Add back serif fonts
    [fix] Screen turning itself on when no lockscreen is set
    [new] Etar calendar

Builddate: 2020.04.12
    Changes:
    [new] April security updates ROM & kernel

Builddate: 2020.04.08
    Changes:
    [new] Initial LineagOS 17.1 release

Known Issues:
    [bug] Trusted voice is not working and probably never will
    [bug] TWRP is not able do decrypt your data if you encrypted it with lineage-16.0
    [bug] IMS is not working - if you need it you have to stay on lineage-15.1

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    Elektroschmock, elektroschmock, npjohnson
    Source Code: http://github.com/lineagos

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2020-04-08
    Last Updated 2020-04-08
    Is there any chance to have lineage-18.1 on shamu?

Well code is ready since 'forever' as you can see on the other Android 11 ROMs for shamu which are using Lineage's code. I just don't see a reason to use you users as guinea pigs for testing as long as there are bugs I am able to reproduce. If nothing goes south shamu will be in the first batch of devices receiving Lineage 18.1
    Hi-no the times are sort of real world screen on and off over a typical, normal day.
    I will play with the Ex Kernel Manager but normally using the conservative setting if anything lengthens battery life. (I think it just throttles back clock speed vs tinkering with all the multiple different frequencies. I believe it was designed originally to manage the Elemental kernel, but it is just overhead software really, and can be used with any. See here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager&hl=en

But it does raise a useful question - what kernel is used with 17.1 and do you have a better solution to manage that vs. just stock tweaks? Thanks

Okay sorry I think I was unclear in my writing. I know what Ex Kernelmanager and Ex-Kernel is. I'm just don't know exactly what those profiles intend to do and on which sysfs interfaces the manager relies.
    When Exkernel was a thing shamu was still supported by google hence all kernel were mostly the same. Only some stock tweaks like you call them where the difference. With android 8 the different kernels began to drift apart, and most where given up for various reasons. Since android 9 there is only one kernel left for shamu It's the lineage kernel. You might find other kernels, but on the inside they are the lineage kernel with a different name tag applied.

Answer your questions what this kernel is, is kind of hard, but I try.
    Base Google's 3.10.40 kernel for shamu
    Updated to 3.10.108
    Security patches up to April 2020
    Full RGB LED support. (hint hint I'm proud of this)
    Binder backport from 3.18
    interactive governor updated to 3.18
    various fixes for a lot of subsystems

What this kernel does not and will never support
    Overvolting
    Undervolting
    Over clocking
    CPU Governors with long and funny names and ****ty function
    faking of bootloader status

Okay now back to your other questions.
    LineageOS does have has power profiles for you too choose from. You can choose between longer battery life and higher performance. I don't know the exact setting for each profile, but I can look them up for you if you are interested.

I recommend using these and advise against the use of any kernel manager. Those where never meant to be used on this kernel and can wreck all powersavings. Only use them if you know shamu better then me. ;)
    So it was a coincident? :)

Curious: did you find the reason for the camera crashes and is it explainable to noobs?

The app crashed because camera HAL was reporting no camera devices.
    For the HAL to work properly there are two services needed. 1. cameraserver and 2. qcamerasvr.
    Cameraserver needs qcamerasvr running to work.

So we started qcamerasvr and then cameraserver in the init. At least this was the plan.
    But init is not synchronus which means it can reschedule the starting of those services which could lead to switched starting order.

See:
    https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_moto_shamu/+/273010
    https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_moto_shamu/+/273406
    just reflashed today build.did aclean install from cr droid to lineage 17.1. So far so good. Will we get the june 2020 security patches in the next set of nightlies. .

I need some more days, as I didn't have the time yet to update the kernel.