[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for the Galaxy J7 2015 (j7elte, j7e3g)

Search This thread

JensJ7

Apr 5, 2022
Nokia 7 Plus
Hi,
here you find my latest unofficial 17.1 ROM build today with security string from 22-08-05 as well as the corresponding lineage recovery. I installed both on my phone (j7elte SM-J700F) and everything seems to work well.

Best regards,
Jens

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    here you find my latest UNOFFICAL build for j7elte including recovery with security string from 22-09-05:

Is it possible for you to send me the link?
    Check your inbox (DM)
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS 17.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. This is a port by me for the Samsung Galaxy J7 2015 and is based on the great work of @danwood76 and @Stricted.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repository. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit the project's Gerrit page. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working

• RIL (Calls, SMS etc.)
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Hotspot
    • GNSS
    • Hardware Composer
    • Audio

Not working
    • VoLTE, VoWiFi (not possible)

Supported variants
    • SM-J700F
    • SM-J700H
    • SM-J700M

Installation instructions
    wiki.lineageos.org/devices/j7elte/install

Downloads

LineageOS 17.1 for J7 2015: download.lineageos.org/j7elte
    LineageOS 17.1 for J7 2015 (old unofficial builds): MEGA
    Lineage recovery: Accessible under the link above
    Google Apps: OpenGApps
    Root: Magisk

Special thanks

@danwood76 for fixing a reboot issue that appeared when waking up the device from standby and providing me a server to build on after my Google Cloud Computing trial ended.
    RadgeCarbonel for a 2€ donation

Jorge de Crack Heros for a $40 donation

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy J7 2015, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J7

Contributors
    dariotr, danwood76, Stricted, alexax66, Sekilsgs2, l-0-w and all other Exynos 7580 contributors
    Source Code: https://github.com/dariotrombello

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest baseband and bootloader

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-02-25

Created 2020-02-25
    Last Updated 2020-07-08
    There was a time that i thought Nougat and Oreo roms was the end of the line for J7 15, and then we had the really nice surprise of having Los pie, and now Android 10!
    Thanks for your efforts Dario! :D

(Some screenshots below)
    Telegram and Discord

Telegram group
    @lineageosforj72015

Discord server
    discord.gg/TBNR8Sq
    Google Drive servers only allow a limited amount of people to download a file. I might switch to MEGA soon. I also have found a fix for video camera which will be included in the next update.
    LineageOS 17.1 (official) is out for J7 2015

Download: https://download.lineageos.org/j7elte

Don't upgrade by a dirty flash without flashing this zip to change build fingerprints before (otherwise you will face a bootloop). Thanks to danwood76 for that. If you flash the official build cleanly you don't need the migration zip.

Migration zip: https://mega.nz/file/jIxjzKRK#qO68cJ_CTGFLBIkRBQZSsvHWIVk8vzd4etQKt80xsUk

NOTE: You can't upgrade from the built in OTA updater if you are on an unofficial build. You need to flash a build from https://download.lineageos.org/j7elte first.