[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for the Galaxy J7 2015 (j7elte, j7e3g)

Search This thread

Assabtigle

Nov 16, 2018
Malakand, Bat-Khela
Hi,
here you find my latest UNOFFICAL build for j7elte including recovery build yesterday with security string from 22-10-05:
The link will be valid until November, 18th.
If someone still needs the latest official ROM (from Februrary, 10th), just let me know and I will provide a link but I cannot imagine why one would like to use an outdated ROM.

Thanks!

alisadty

Hi,
here you find my latest unofficial 17.1 ROM build today with security string from 22-08-05 as well as the corresponding lineage recovery. I installed both on my phone (j7elte SM-J700F) and everything seems to work well.

Best regards,
Jens
Hello, thank you very much
I downloaded
Can it be installed on J700H_j7e3gxx?
Because I have this model of J7 2015

Last edited:

alisadty

Attachments

• Screenshot (431).png
    Screenshot (431).png
    244.5 KB · Views: 46

JensJ7

Apr 5, 2022
Nokia 7 Plus
Brother, there is no download link and it seems that it is abandoned and not maintained
Yes, sure. It is not officially maintained anymore. Last official 17.1 ROM was published in February 10th. However, you might use my unofficial build including the recovery with security string from 22-10-05 through the following link. It is build according the Lineageos builf guide ( https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/j7elte/build) including the latest security updates.

Last edited:

alisadty

Hello, thank you very much
Installed on my J700H
Yes, sure. It is not officially maintained anymore. Last official 17.1 ROM was published in February 10th. However, you might use my unofficial build including the recovery with security string from 22-10-05 through the following link. It is build according the Lineageos builf guide ( https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/j7elte/build) including the latest security updates.

alisadty

Brother zip file of the latest official ROM 17.1 which was released on February 10
you don't have

JensJ7

Apr 5, 2022
Nokia 7 Plus
Well, now this ROM is installed on my phone
And it is stable
Thank you very much j7 2015 developers
I have a question. Do you currently have your own J7 2015?
Yes. I am using a J700F. That's why I am updating the (unofficial) ROM from time to time. So, I am no developer. I am just patching the most recent security updates which are still available for 17.1

DDK101

Jan 2, 2019
Why is this ROM unavailable for download? I mean I understand it officially ended but why isn't the link for the unofficial ones working?

JensJ7

Apr 5, 2022
Nokia 7 Plus
Why is this ROM unavailable for download? I mean I understand it officially ended but why isn't the link for the unofficial ones working?
These links are per default available only for 4 weeks (I don't have unlimited storage in this cloud). But here is a link for the most recent unofficial build with security string from 2022-11-05.

Reactions: Hashim143

Hashim143

Jan 28, 2016
I am confused to flash gapps. 32bit or 64bit? I tried to unlock bootloader J700H but i couldn't. I direct flashed recovery and rom and it worked. Lol. Now i want to flash gapps but confused. So please reply.

JensJ7

Apr 5, 2022
Nokia 7 Plus
I am confused to flash gapps. 32bit or 64bit? I tried to unlock bootloader J700H but i couldn't. I direct flashed recovery and rom and it worked. Lol. Now i want to flash gapps but confused. So please reply.
How could you flash the recovery without unlocking the bootloader?

You have to flash gapps directly after flashing the ROM without booting in between! You cannot flash it later. Therefore you have to flash the ROM again together with gapps.
See here for detailed instructions:

I don't use gapps by myself, but according to the instruction, you should use the arm and not the arm64 version.although the J700H has an arm64 processor.

Last edited:

Hashim143

Jan 28, 2016
How could you flash the recovery without unlocking the bootloader?

You have to flash gapps directly after flashing the ROM without booting in between! You cannot flash it later. Therefore you have to flash the ROM again together with gapps.
See here for detailed instructions:

I don't use gapps by myself, but according to the instruction, you should use the arm and not the arm64 version.although the J700H has an arm64 processor.
I flashed twrp tar file via odin. Then i booted into twrp recovery then flashed rom. It worked somehow. I flashed gapps after booting rom. Before that i just format all except system and internal. It also worked. Even i am using now magisk. Everything is done with bootloader locked. 😂😂😂

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS 17.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. This is a port by me for the Samsung Galaxy J7 2015 and is based on the great work of @danwood76 and @Stricted.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repository. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit the project's Gerrit page. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working

• RIL (Calls, SMS etc.)
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Hotspot
    • GNSS
    • Hardware Composer
    • Audio

Not working
    • VoLTE, VoWiFi (not possible)

Supported variants
    • SM-J700F
    • SM-J700H
    • SM-J700M

Installation instructions
    wiki.lineageos.org/devices/j7elte/install

Downloads

LineageOS 17.1 for J7 2015: download.lineageos.org/j7elte
    LineageOS 17.1 for J7 2015 (old unofficial builds): MEGA
    Lineage recovery: Accessible under the link above
    Google Apps: OpenGApps
    Root: Magisk

Special thanks

@danwood76 for fixing a reboot issue that appeared when waking up the device from standby and providing me a server to build on after my Google Cloud Computing trial ended.
    RadgeCarbonel for a 2€ donation

Jorge de Crack Heros for a $40 donation

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy J7 2015, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J7

Contributors
    dariotr, danwood76, Stricted, alexax66, Sekilsgs2, l-0-w and all other Exynos 7580 contributors
    Source Code: https://github.com/dariotrombello

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest baseband and bootloader

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-02-25

Created 2020-02-25
    Last Updated 2020-07-08
    There was a time that i thought Nougat and Oreo roms was the end of the line for J7 15, and then we had the really nice surprise of having Los pie, and now Android 10!
    Thanks for your efforts Dario! :D

(Some screenshots below)
    Telegram and Discord

Telegram group
    @lineageosforj72015

Discord server
    discord.gg/TBNR8Sq
    Changelog

The changelog is not going to be updated anymore as the the LineageOS updates are automatically built.

Code:
    [COLOR="teal"]2020-06-07[/COLOR]
    - June security patch
    - Include the AudioFX app
    - Use audio configuration from A3 2016 (might improve speaker loudness and microphone gain)
    - Address hal_graphics_composer denials (thanks to danwood76)
    Code:
    [COLOR="teal"]2020-04-28[/COLOR]
    - Clean up and update the Ramdisk from stock
    - Improve performance when using the phone while charging by disabling setting the cores to powersave
    Code:
    [COLOR="teal"]2020-04-11[/COLOR]
    - April security patch
    - Use new slsi source to resolve LineageOS licensing issues (thanks to danwood76 and Stricted)
    - Disable mDNIe in the kernel as the J7 does not support it
    - Set target cpu variant to generic and target runtime cpu to cortex-53
    - Correct AAPT screen configuration from xlarge to normal
    - Increase speaker gain
    Code:
    [COLOR="teal"]2020-03-20[/COLOR]
    - Update TS25 database for RIL from G960FXXS7DTB5
    - Fix SIM issues by addressing rild SELinux denials
    - Disable OEM unlocking toggle again (it causes a FAP-Lock when being disabled on custom ROMs; thanks to danwood76 for making me aware of that)
    Code:
    [COLOR="teal"]2020-03-12[/COLOR]
    - March Security Patch
    - Fix OTG by labeling the usb supply in the sepolicy
    - Use legacy WiFi service (thanks to danwood76)
    - Enable support for OEM-Unlocking toggle in the developer options
    - Disable rounded corners animation on windows to improve performance on low-end devices like the J7
    - Clean up the device overlays
    - Add plmn binaries needed by RIL (probably needed for correcting provider names)
    - Set config_bluetooth_operating_voltage_mv in the overlays to improve battery forecast
    Code:
    [COLOR="teal"]2020-02-26[/COLOR]
    - Fixed video recording by applying changes of libstagefright_shim directly to frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/CameraSource.cpp
    Code:
    [COLOR="teal"]2020-02-25[/COLOR]
    - Initial release
    Google Drive servers only allow a limited amount of people to download a file. I might switch to MEGA soon. I also have found a fix for video camera which will be included in the next update.