[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for ZTE Nubia Z17 (nx563j)

Search This thread

BeYkeRYkt

logo-2.png

/*
* Your warranty is... still valid?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

"LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit."

Working
- Bootable
- Both speakers (call and media)
- Vibration
- Microphone
- Rotation
- WiFi
- Mobile Signal
- GPS
- Fingerprint
- Camera and flash
- Light and proximity sensors
- Bluetooth
- NFC
- IR Port

Not working
- ???

Installation:

Source code:

Download:

Credits:
  • LineageOS Team & Contributors
  • Code Aurora Forum

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1 (nx563j) OFFICIAL, ROM for the ZTE Nubia Z17

Contributors
BeYkeRYkt
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: NubiaUI 6.25 firmware
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-22
Last Updated 2020-04-25

MrBlubke

Contributors
BeYkeRYkt
Source Code:https://github.com/LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-22
Last Updated 2020-04-22
awesome! official acknowledgement!
really earned for your hard work!
congratulations. I've installed few of the builds and from that moment I haven't looked back, only forward to next build. :cool:
Honestly, respect!

2 Questions though...
1 there used to be custom los 17 gapps (nano & pico only)? and now you link to the original site? are all issues (don't even know what they were) sorted?
2 what is the recovery provided on the lineage os 17 download page? any advantages over standard twrp? or is it a custom twrp or so?

Last edited:

DoDevil

Apr 23, 2018
Anyway to upgrade from LOS 16 to 17.1? I'm having so much data on my phone and lazy to clean install @_@

surfer30

Nov 4, 2017
Guys, if will be correct twrp for this build:
Project Team Win Recovery Universal 3.x by NFound?
Thanks for reply.

surfer30

Nov 4, 2017
Today I received update for rom from ota. How it works, because update will start from recovery. Will I have to install gaaps after updating again (work all my staff)?

Wysłane z mojego NX563J przy użyciu Tapatalka

DoDevil

Apr 23, 2018
Yeah, i want to know this too, OTA update come today, My rom are install gapp + magisk, i have to reinstall this again? Or just update and work fine

dverbrugge

Feb 18, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Thanks for reply.

Read opening post and use this one:
Install a compatible Pie Recovery (Example)

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

2 what is the recovery provided on the lineage os 17 download page? any advantages over standard twrp? or is it a custom twrp or so?

The LineageOS recovery is nothing like TWRP. It has far fewer options. Would not recommend.

Reactions: MrBlubke

surfer30

Nov 4, 2017
MrBlubke
Google Play is working (as a soft, i didn't checked payment yet). Lucky, without magisk working also banking apps, except one, where fingerprint option isn't available to login.

HansWorst7

Dec 17, 2017
Hello,
I'm running 16.0 from the other thread unrooted atm.
If I were to upgrade to 17.1, which version of gapps would I need to install?

surfer30

Nov 4, 2017
Hello,
I'm running 16.0 from the other thread unrooted atm.
If I were to upgrade to 17.1, which version of gapps would I need to install?
I used nano pack from official gapps site. Of course for Android 10.
By the way. I'm really surprised how this build works well. I'm not big fun minimalistic version of Android but it works :)

Recycle21

Dec 10, 2009
Budapest
Hi Guys,

can anyone noticed massive battery draining? At night my phone with this ROM discharged ~40%, only with wifi and 4G mobile signal. If I turn on the airplane mode, the draining stops. It is not an app issue, because I checked the usage info. I think, it's a radio or kernel issue. I turn off the 'mobilenet on while using wifi' in the developer setting, and the location options too, but still draining. If I turn off the Airplane mode, the battery discharged 5% in 5 minutes. I didn't flash Magisk or any root.
My question is, can I flash an another or factory kernel or radio on this ROM? Or does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks, and sorry for my english!

surfer30

Nov 4, 2017
I'm not noticing it. During night, drain is about 10% but my battery has only about 60% original capacity.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-2.png

/*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

"LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit."

Working
    - Bootable
    - Both speakers (call and media)
    - Vibration
    - Microphone
    - Rotation
    - WiFi
    - Mobile Signal
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint
    - Camera and flash
    - Light and proximity sensors
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - IR Port

Not working
    - ???

Installation:

Source code:

Download:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Contributors
    BeYkeRYkt
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-22
    Last Updated 2020-04-25
    An update;
    I wiped everything, went with a clean install:
    - installed TWRP 3.4.0.0 (released 24-06-2020) -> TWRP
    - installed Radio 6.27 from Beykerykt -> AndroidFileHost
    - installed LineagOS 17.1 build 24-06-2020 -> LineageOS
    - installed OpenGapps build 24-06-2020 (Full) -> OpenGApps

Everything is running smooth and fast.

My main camera is OpenCamera which can access the second back camera. I just don't use that camera very often.
    I've been using the Google Camera port (7.3) by Urnyx (Urnyx05) occasionally for the extra features.
    Anyway to upgrade from LOS 16 to 17.1? I'm having so much data on my phone and lazy to clean install @_@
    apparently some were having success doing a dirty flash. And I really believe it can be done, however, I myself overlooked some things, so ended up having to do a clean install myself...
    Thanks for reply.

Read opening post and use this one:
    Install a compatible Pie Recovery (Example)

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

The LineageOS recovery is nothing like TWRP. It has far fewer options. Would not recommend.
    Maybe you are on the wrong radio check out witch radio for the rom you drive you need my idea is install 17.1 flash the radio i have post out few posts before and check up if network is available and give me a feedback here otherwise you have to hex edit a file for emei restore;)

Thanks Aljoscha81(spasibo). Just I saw you post. I spend some day to understand what I have done. So... I have formatted (deleted, wiped or corrupted) efs partition with TWRp , and my cellphone had remained without IMEI (SIM1, SIM2 and MEID). I tried several things, but not success. Solution is there : https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=885224.

Simply. My qsn file was damaged. I tried several tools and I arrived to write IMEI (SIM1 and SIM2) with FactoryTool_Wingtech_v1.0.2 (tool). Pay attention folks. You need a tool that can write Qualcomm devices. Once that IMEI (SIM1 or SIM2) is written, you should delete to rewrite. But if IMEI for both sims are corrupted I think that you need to made them blank with adb. ( I cannot remember exactly the way I solved my problem), but I remember that I wrote them blank with adb before witting new IMEI ( i believe that follow commands I used. Make a search in internet)
    ++++++++++++++
    with adb
    su
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/sdf1
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/sdf2
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/sdf3
    +++++++++++++++
    My biggest problem was that I was not able to open ports in my Nubia or to open adb shell (su was missing). One time that I arrived to have open ports I wrote my IMEI ( you can writte also by WriteDualIMEI_W_G_eMMC (has some videos in internet and I accidentally had COM4 open).

As Aljosha said, the only way for me was to hex edit my qcn file (but mine was corrupted or different from what folk can download here :
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=885224&view=findpost&p=68778308

I opened my qcn file with:
    QCNView part of QPST

but my values have been not listed as follow :
    ++++++++++++++++++
    ESN: NV item: 0 [NV_ESN_I], index 0
    IMEI 1: NV item: 550 [NV_UE_IMEI_I], index 0
    MEID: NV item: 1943 [NV_MEID_I], index 0
    ESN: NV item: 5597 [NV_ESN_ME_I], index 0
    MEID: NV item: 5598 [NV_MEID_ME_I], index 0
    IMEI 2: NV item (SIM 1): 550 [NV_UE_IMEI_I], index 0

(seems position of IMEI 1 is missing over there ) as explained here:
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=885224&view=findpost&p=80353569

For folks have qsn file damaged have a look here : https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=885224&view=findpost&p=68778308 (the same link as I wrote above)

Read carefully article ( also see this similar video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY5hsH3--VE
    or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPouF3bzoDI (these second one I just found).

So. Download the qcn file from links above and produce one for your selves ( use IMEI generator https://dyrk.org/tools/imei/ to produce random IMEI for yourself if you have not your originals)

Now Shortly my adventure.

IMEI and MEID damaged.
    1- I wrotte blank my IMEI's (with adb)
    2- I wrote accidentally my IMEI by a software mentioned above (but was not the right way).

The wright way. as follow :
    If you have damaged your Nubia ZTE 17 ( qcn file and you have no original box IMEI,SN, MEID and etc.)
    You will need IMEI , MEID or SN ( .... make a search in internet and with some difficulties maybe you will find that some one has accidentally has published it's box - numbers ). You can generate your IMEI online but I am not very sure for MEID ( I grabbed MEID form one site that has an article for Nubia ZTE 17 - Unboxing).

So. You have now. 2 IMEI's for your SIM Cards and a MEID Number.

- I flashed my Nubia ZTE 17 (is is explained here: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=885224&view=findpost&p=80353569) . use google transalator if you cannot understand russian. Use Miflash
    and Nubia ZTE 17 Firmware. (as I did today). Use this ROOM just to write your qcn file as explained follow.
    Prepare your qcn file and write it to Nubia ZTE 17 by QPST Utility that you can find in internet ( or in the above mentioned site).
    My Nubia recognized my Network ( with 2 IMEI installed accidentally and with MEID that I found in Internet). I think that if IMEI exists qcn file does not replaced them (I prepared a qcn file with 2 fresh IMEI and MEID but did not replaced the IMEI's)

After that, simply install TWRP and install LineageOS. In this moment I am using Linux to install TWRP and will continue to install .

I can publish my original qcn file (but seems that MEID section is deleted also Serial section ) and i double in size than what I downloaded from 4pda (as explained above).

That's all story.

I am not very sure what is Radio file prepared by Aljosha , but I will have a look.

Thanks Aljosha81 for your help. I saw your post just some moments that I resolved my problem. Anyway. Thanks.

Hope this helps.