[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 [OnePlus Nord/avicii]

Search This thread

sniperle

Dec 8, 2010
Works for me, just tested on an NFC tag here.

Did a quick look in logcat and it seems to be a problem with selinux.
Maybe because of the dirty update to the official version ?
I'll try to find a solution.

Too bad that there is still no official TWRP with which you can backup the data partition, then I would try it with a clean system.

Attachments

• logcat-nfc.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 7

dzwietering

Nov 24, 2011
Amstelveen
Did a quick look in logcat and it seems to be a problem with selinux.
Maybe because of the dirty update to the official version ?
I'll try to find a solution.

Too bad that there is still no official TWRP with which you can backup the data partition, then I would try it with a clean system.
That's always the thing with dirties, they seem to work fine and then all kinds of problems pop up later. But I went dirty from LOS 14 to 17 over the past few years and only lost emergency alerts along the way. Then again, always backed up, missing that for sure!

Reactions: sniperle

sniperle

Dec 8, 2010
That's always the thing with dirties, they seem to work fine and then all kinds of problems pop up later. But I went dirty from LOS 14 to 17 over the past few years and only lost emergency alerts along the way. Then again, always backed up, missing that for sure!

I did a factory reset and set it up again. Now NFC works.
It was annoying as always, but I didn't find another solution in a hurry.

Headset360

May 31, 2013
Przemyśl
The ROM works great, but I have a few questions.

1st: if I have the microG version installed, can I do OTA updates as usual, or would it break my system, so I'd have to download the LOS-microG image and install it manually instead?

2nd: is there any way to turn the night mode off on the lockscreen, so the fingerprint scanner works fine? As far as I know, the optical scanners need a lot of light in order to work, so I assume that's where the issue comes from.

And 3rd: how can I set the refresh rate to be 60hz all the time? For me, it usually stays at 90hz, which obviously drains the battery quicker, and I need my phone to work for longer periods of time. On the stock I was able to easily end the day with plenty of battery left with 60hz locked. It isn't as good on the LOS with 90hz.

Reactions: sniperle

sniperle

Dec 8, 2010
1st: if I have the microG version installed, can I do OTA updates as usual, or would it break my system, so I'd have to download the LOS-microG image and install it manually instead?

I installed mircroG as a Magisk module, works fine. The location services work quite well with it.
If you need the Google services, then you have to use a solution for signature spoofing, e.g. NanoDroid (NanoDroid-patcher-XYZ.zip), this can also be installed as a Magisk module.
All this should survive an OTA if you do it via internal LOS updater.

2nd: is there any way to turn the night mode off on the lockscreen, so the fingerprint scanner works fine? As far as I know, the optical scanners need a lot of light in order to work, so I assume that's where the issue comes from.

I had already reported about this problem here.
Would be great if your described solution could be integrated: 👍
"Disable night light on lockscreen."

Reactions: Headset360

Cruzy12100

Oct 15, 2014
Chennai
Hi

I am installing this rom right now and can someone help me in installing magisk for oneplus nord?

I will also post my user experience for this rom also.
Also I can install Magisk Later right?

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
@KakatkarAkshay any chance you could take a look at the wifi functions on the Nord? I have a really weird issue with connecting to a hotspot. I have 2x Nord, and 2x Oneplus 5T, all running official Lineage.

-Both Nords cannot connect to the hotspots on either 5T
-Both Nords can connect to my router's wifi at home
-Other devices (Windows and Linux PC) can connect to both 5T hotspots

So.. the 5T hotspot works and the Nord's wifi works, just not between the two??

I have no idea how to troubleshoot this further. Could this ROM have anything at all preventing it from connecting to another Android hotspot? I don't even get a specific error message, it just times out every time.

I have changed SSID, removed hotspot encryption, switched between 2.4/5 GHz, added DUN to the 5T APN settings... Pretty much everything i can do.

Adding to my previous post: I've tested this with three more Android devices including one with stock Android 8, and the ONLY phones that refuse to connect to the 5T hotspot are the two Nords with this ROM. So there is something amiss there.

Ok, i tested 24 hours now, no 90 hz. Pity there is no toggle for this.

What did you use to see the refresh rate? I installed CPU Info from FDroid and it shows 60Hz for about 30 minutes after a reboot, and then switches to 90Hz and the visual difference is pretty apparent, so i'm sure the app displays it correctly.

NisseGurra

Nov 22, 2005
Adding to my previous post: I've tested this with three more Android devices including one with stock Android 8, and the ONLY phones that refuse to connect to the 5T hotspot are the two Nords with this ROM. So there is something amiss there.

What did you use to see the refresh rate? I installed CPU Info from FDroid and it shows 60Hz for about 30 minutes after a reboot, and then switches to 90Hz and the visual difference is pretty apparent, so i'm sure the app displays it correctly.

Tested with "refresh rate checker" and "testufo" site
Both shows 60 hz, had 90 hz on previous lineage-17.1-20210128-nightly-avicii-signed nightly
I will reinstall the latest nightly to see if it fixes the 90Hz

Update: Found it: Ambient display needs to enabled to get 90Hz
Disable ambient and 90 Hz will never be active after reboot

Last edited:
Reactions: blackadder1000

Cruzy12100

Oct 15, 2014
Chennai
Do you have GApps installed? If not, then I think you also need Signature Spoofing and microG to ensure the basic requirements for SafetyNet to work.
I did this with The Magisk Props editor to change the Device name and then SafetyCheck passed.
For the alert slider in Nord, Can we enable a popup based on the bode of the slider (A la OOS)

D

Deleted member 11443209

is the trust interface working correctly becuase in the latest update the security patch was updated but on the older version it says android security patches are up to date

CS7Mbg

Aug 31, 2020
E: Nevermind... So NR SA is not supported in LOS 17.1 and it makes 5G unusable bacause NR NSA causes battery draining really fast and heats up the phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The first post says
    Last Updated 2020-11-03

I this ROM updated with the latest security patches or is it completely abandoned?
    That's just the original post modification date. This ROM receives weekly updates, built automatically with generic changes to the LineageOS 17.1 branch. This includes monthly security patches. Nothing Nord-specific is being done right now, though.
    Hi, I have been running the microG version of this ROM for a while now and I'm very happy with it so far.
    I'd like to install the automatic updates through the system menu but I don't want to risk screwing up anything.

The phone is not rooted, just installed Lineage (microG version) and the bootloader is still unlocked. is it OK to install the updates or should something be done before?
    want to know the same..
    i use two gapps though maps n Gpay ..both dont work from aurora store. any solution for this?
    As far as I know it's not possible to get Gpay to work with microG. I don't want to use google maps because of the tracking, so I use Osmand+ instead from F-droid. I'm very impressed by how well Osmand+ works. The version in F-droid is the full version too.
    Well i can get away with Gpay alternative but Gmaps and osmand both are not locking on to location. So navigation seems to not work for me. Turned on all the modules in microg for location. Any fix?
    for me I have not had issues with osmand, but it only works outside were it can get GPS signal. it gets nothing from wifi indoors.
    Hi, any plans about Lineage18.1 on Avicii ?
    Builds are now official and will be published on https://download.lineageos.org according to the build schedules. Builds will be updated weekly.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%252FCyanogenMod%252FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    GPS
    Alert Slider
    NFC

Known issues :
    You tell me.

Instructions :
    Download the latest build.
    Reboot to Recovery.
    Flash the build.
    Reboot to recovery.
    Format Data.
    Flash GApps (Optional).
    Flash Magisk (Optional).
    Reboot

Downloads :
    Grab ur build : Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus Nord

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the OnePlus Nord

Contributors
    @KakatkarAkshay
    Device Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_avicii
    Kernel Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm7250

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Stable Release Date: Updated weekly

Created 2020-11-03
    Last Updated 2020-11-03
    Sadly that seems to be the case: no changes by the maintainer since Jan 27. It's on auto-build or something, since weekly updates do come along with generic updates applied. I don't know how long is that able go on before the device is dropped from the official roster. Maybe another developer will pick it up, if the current maintainer has lost interest in this ROM.

Again, no complaints - it's volunteer work and i'm grateful for it all anyway.
    I haven't lost interest, I'm busy irl and don't have time to work on Nord right now.
    Yes I also have the problem that Chrome freezes this happens but also with Brave. I have now once reflashed and leave the Props module away. But unfortunately the error is still there. Chrome Crasht after about a minute.

@KakatkarAkshay: Thanks for the info. But do you have any idea why Google Chrome freezes? The Jelly Browser (default system browser) works flawlessly without freezing
    This seems to solve it:

Make sure you backup /vendor/etc/vintf/manifest.xml before editing!