[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 [OnePlus Nord/avicii]

Search This thread

Navedsid

Jul 6, 2014
Sure, I flashed LOS recovery, reboot to recovery, LOS itself, reboot to recovery (for slot switch), Magisk, gapps, reboot to system.

Just follow the official instructions!
thank you so much, so i just have to rename magisk.apk to magisk.zip and apply update adb sidload magisk.zip ? is that right.

761gg1i3219

Apr 11, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm currently planning to buy a phone in this price range with official LOS support.

By far the best choices seem to be OnePlus Nord and Motorola Moto Edge, they have very similar specs, so I wanted to ask you guys how is LOS on Nord?

Is there anything I should know before buying? Like I don't know that this phone is difficult to maintain and the maintainers are planning to drop it soon or something else? Or common hardware problems?.

How is your experience with this phone?

Thank you all in advance for your responses.

eNVy

Dec 11, 2010
Bangalore
Hi everyone, I'm currently planning to buy a phone in this price range with official LOS support.

By far the best choices seem to be OnePlus Nord and Motorola Moto Edge, they have very similar specs, so I wanted to ask you guys how is LOS on Nord?

Is there anything I should know before buying? Like I don't know that this phone is difficult to maintain and the maintainers are planning to drop it soon or something else? Or common hardware problems?.

There doesn't seem to be any further work being done on this device from LOS perspective. The maintainer of this ROM is currently maintaining the Official PE for A11.

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016

There doesn't seem to be any further work being done on this device from LOS perspective. The maintainer of this ROM is currently maintaining the Official PE for A11.

Sadly that seems to be the case: no changes by the maintainer since Jan 27. It's on auto-build or something, since weekly updates do come along with generic updates applied. I don't know how long is that able go on before the device is dropped from the official roster. Maybe another developer will pick it up, if the current maintainer has lost interest in this ROM.

Again, no complaints - it's volunteer work and i'm grateful for it all anyway.

Reactions: eNVy and Tuxi1990

KakatkarAkshay

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2020
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus Nord
Sadly that seems to be the case: no changes by the maintainer since Jan 27. It's on auto-build or something, since weekly updates do come along with generic updates applied. I don't know how long is that able go on before the device is dropped from the official roster. Maybe another developer will pick it up, if the current maintainer has lost interest in this ROM.

I haven't lost interest, I'm busy irl and don't have time to work on Nord right now.

arminnnq

Apr 10, 2021
OnePlus Nord
To those who currently have the LOS installed on your Nords: how is the latest build, is it stable enough? Does the fingerprint scanner work properly after sunset? I know that there's a Pixel Experience ROM out there with Android 11 support, but I'm more Lineage type of guy, even if it is 10 instead of 11, when it comes to Android versions :p

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
To those who currently have the LOS installed on your Nords: how is the latest build, is it stable enough? Does the fingerprint scanner work properly after sunset? I know that there's a Pixel Experience ROM out there with Android 11 support, but I'm more Lineage type of guy, even if it is 10 instead of 11, when it comes to Android versions :p
I haven't experienced deal breaker issues like crashing. The only two apparent bugs i've encountered are the reversed charging text (using the official charger the phone displays "charging slowly" but it is actually charging fast), and the missing ability to shoot 4K video even with GCam. I personally prefer to record [email protected] instead, but if capturing 4K on your Nord is important, you might want to stick with the stock ROM for the moment.

Fingerprint sensor works for me most of the time, but i had to disable ambient light (?) in settings because the sensor wasn't picking up my prints properly in the dark with it enabled. Also, in very bright sunlight i sometimes have to shade the phone in order to use the sensor. I have no idea if that's just because it's embedded in the glass, but i didn't have that issue with the ceramic sensor in Oneplus 3T/5T.

Reactions: arminnnq

arminnnq

Apr 10, 2021
OnePlus Nord
I haven't experienced deal breaker issues like crashing. The only two apparent bugs i've encountered are the reversed charging text (using the official charger the phone displays "charging slowly" but it is actually charging fast), and the missing ability to shoot 4K video even with GCam. I personally prefer to record [email protected] instead, but if capturing 4K on your Nord is important, you might want to stick with the stock ROM for the moment.

Fingerprint sensor works for me most of the time, but i had to disable ambient light (?) in settings because the sensor wasn't picking up my prints properly in the dark with it enabled. Also, in very bright sunlight i sometimes have to shade the phone in order to use the sensor. I have no idea if that's just because it's embedded in the glass, but i didn't have that issue with the ceramic sensor in Oneplus 3T/5T.
Thank you so much for your answer. I've decided to install the ROM, it works as smoothly as expected. I don't care all that much about 4k recording since I hardly ever record anything anyway. The problem with the fingerprint scanner persists however, even if I disable the "Ambient display" option. It works just fine when I disable the "Night Light" option. I'm going to stick to this ROM anyway, hoping this issue will be fixed in the future.

Reactions: ccpower

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
Thank you so much for your answer. I've decided to install the ROM, it works as smoothly as expected. I don't care all that much about 4k recording since I hardly ever record anything anyway. The problem with the fingerprint scanner persists however, even if I disable the "Ambient display" option. It works just fine when I disable the "Night Light" option. I'm going to stick to this ROM anyway, hoping this issue will be fixed in the future.
You're right, it's night light, and not ambient display. I didn't have my phone at hand and forgot. I guess the screen doesn't get bright enough for the sensor to pick up the fingerprint with night light active.

arminnnq

Apr 10, 2021
OnePlus Nord
One more thing I'm pretty sure was probably mentioned here already, but I'm lazy enough not to search through the previous pages - there is no option to change the framerate. That's too bad, I used to have it locked at 60hz, so I was able to get through the day and a half with no problem on OxygenOS. It's much, much worse on LOS, because it mostly stays at 90 in my case. I was looking for a solution, but haven't found any for now. Any ideas? Is this a kernel thing or do I need to expect this feature to be implemented in the more recent LOS versions?

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
One more thing I'm pretty sure was probably mentioned here already, but I'm lazy enough not to search through the previous pages - there is no option to change the framerate. That's too bad, I used to have it locked at 60hz, so I was able to get through the day and a half with no problem on OxygenOS. It's much, much worse on LOS, because it mostly stays at 90 in my case. I was looking for a solution, but haven't found any for now. Any ideas? Is this a kernel thing or do I need to expect this feature to be implemented in the more recent LOS versions?
I don't think there is a way to lock it natively, but i don't know about 3rd party solutions like Magisk. No experience with that. I can get over 8 hours of screen-on-time (6-7 on average) with my Nord & this ROM. I haven't flashed gapps/microg/anything else, i mostly use Signal/Newpipe/Slide and the battery life is just amazing compared to what i got with the 5T.

Apr 25, 2009
London

Some have found that with 'ambient display' switched on they get a fixed framerate of 90Hz. With it switched off they get a fixed framerate of 60Hz.

Reactions: arminnnq

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I haven't lost interest, I'm busy irl and don't have time to work on Nord right now.

Some have found that with 'ambient display' switched on they get a fixed framerate of 90Hz. With it switched off they get a fixed framerate of 60Hz.
    Hi, any plans about Lineage18.1 on Avicii ?
    Builds are now official and will be published on https://download.lineageos.org according to the build schedules. Builds will be updated weekly.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%252FCyanogenMod%252FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    GPS
    Alert Slider
    NFC

Known issues :
    You tell me.

Instructions :
    Download the latest build.
    Reboot to Recovery.
    Flash the build.
    Reboot to recovery.
    Format Data.
    Flash GApps (Optional).
    Flash Magisk (Optional).
    Reboot

Downloads :
    Grab ur build : Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus Nord

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the OnePlus Nord

Contributors
    @KakatkarAkshay
    Device Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_avicii
    Kernel Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm7250

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Stable Release Date: Updated weekly

Created 2020-11-03
    Last Updated 2020-11-03

Yes I also have the problem that Chrome freezes this happens but also with Brave. I have now once reflashed and leave the Props module away. But unfortunately the error is still there. Chrome Crasht after about a minute.

@KakatkarAkshay: Thanks for the info. But do you have any idea why Google Chrome freezes? The Jelly Browser (default system browser) works flawlessly without freezing
    This seems to solve it:

Make sure you backup /vendor/etc/vintf/manifest.xml before editing!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone