• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 [OnePlus Nord/avicii]

Search This thread

ArmiDuctor

Sep 23, 2012

WatoXa

Jun 12, 2019
After I boot into fastboot any other fastboot commands don't work and it says
< waiting for any device >

PS F:\adb\platform-tools> adb devices
List of devices attached
20080411 device
e8846fae device

PS F:\adb\platform-tools> adb -s e8846fae reboot fastboot
PS F:\adb\platform-tools> fastboot devices
PS F:\adb\platform-tools> fastboot flash system system.img
< waiting for any device >

ArmiDuctor

Sep 23, 2012
First build is available!!!! :D Anyone already found the time to try it? Really curious how well it works.

I still have a question about the A and B thing that is described in the LOS device wiki. Is this still required?

sniperle

Dec 8, 2010
Flashed and can confirm the Recovery 2021-01-14 and LOS 2021-01-14 are OK.

FYI: I flashed dirty and the system boots, but if you do this don't forget to change the signing keys before booting.

Other question, does anybody know what's the newest Nord firmware version ?
My EU-Rom says: MPSS.HI.2.0.5-00162.3-SAIPAN_GEN_PACK-1.292802.38.304531.23

Reactions: andreas__
Apr 25, 2009
London

FYI: I flashed dirty and the system boots, but if you do this don't forget to change the signing keys before booting.

sniperle - are all the camera accessible? even the 48MPx? Tnx

cid1001

Jul 4, 2012
First build is available!!!! :D Anyone already found the time to try it? Really curious how well it works.

I still have a question about the A and B thing that is described in the LOS device wiki. Is this still required?

Thanks for the information. I am planning on flashing it tonight. Just been running the one plus beta so need to downgrade first then install it.

sniperle

Dec 8, 2010
sniperle - are all the camera accessible? even the 48MPx? Tnx

With OpenCamera definitely yes.
With the "standard" camera app, no idea. :unsure:

Edit: But as far as I know, you can't create 48MP images, because there are always 4 pixels combined to one unit, so there is a maximum of 12MP in the image, but calculated from 48MP.

Last edited:

ArmiDuctor

Sep 23, 2012

Great news :D

Can you explain what you mean with dirty flash? You didnt wipe the partitions?
And how do you change the signing keys? Just curious. My previous phone is a Wileyfox Swift and that thing received LOS updates the last years so i am not really used to new phones ;)

andreas__

With OpenCamera definitely yes.
With the "standard" camera app, no idea. :unsure:

Edit: But as far as I know, you can't create 48MP images, because there are always 4 pixels combined to one unit, so there is a maximum of 12MP in the image, but calculated from 48MP.
This is expected behavior so called quad bayer or pixel binning. It improves marketing :)
But it should be possible to select full resolution, too. This will only produce good images in bright daylight conditions.

https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/201807/18-060E/ This is about the sony IMX586

dial25and

Jun 20, 2017
Amazing that such a recent device is being officially supported now!

Is it possible to flash the Stock ROM after going for LOS? If yes, how?
Sorry, is this question sounds dumb, I'm pretty new to OP.

sniperle

Dec 8, 2010
Amazing that such a recent device is being officially supported now!

Is it possible to flash the Stock ROM after going for LOS? If yes, how?
Sorry, is this question sounds dumb, I'm pretty new to OP.

Simply flash the OOS ZIP file in the recovery and reset to factory default.
Or use the unbrick tool, but then everything will be deleted.

Last edited:

sniperle

Dec 8, 2010
Great news :D

Can you explain what you mean with dirty flash? You didnt wipe the partitions?
And how do you change the signing keys? Just curious. My previous phone is a Wileyfox Swift and that thing received LOS updates the last years so i am not really used to new phones ;)

A dirty flash is flashing a new ROM without resetting to factory default. This can work well, but there can also be problems. For example, I updated from the unofficial 2020-11-03 to the official 2021-01-14.
I did the swapping of keys with a script that I have had for a long time. Don't know where I got it from, but I can provide it if someone wants it.

ArmiDuctor

Sep 23, 2012
A dirty flash is flashing a new ROM without resetting to factory default. This can work well, but there can also be problems. For example, I updated from the unofficial 2020-11-03 to the official 2021-01-14.
I did the swapping of keys with a script that I have had for a long time. Don't know where I got it from, but I can provide it if someone wants it.

Thanks.

What is your first impression of LOS17.1 ... is it mature enough as a daily driver?

And another thing that is in my head, does it matter what OOS version you flash on or are those packages also included in the Lineage ROM and therefore automatically updated (like firmware)?

Last edited:

sniperle

Dec 8, 2010
What is your first impression of LOS17.1 ... is it mature enough as a daily driver?

So far it's going well, like the 2020-11-03 unofficial, that was already good as a daily driver.

And another thing that is in my head, does it matter what OOS version you flash on or are those packages also included in the Lineage ROM and therefore automatically updated (like firmware)?

On my "old" phone, the OnePlus 3T, the OOS flash files contained a file for the system partition and a directory with the firmware/baseband/modem files. This could then be repackaged to create a ZIP file that only updated firmware/baseband/modem, but not the operating system.
For newer devices with A/B partition scheme, this folder is no longer in the OOS ZIP file. I haven't found anything on the web about how or if a firmware update is possible for such A/B devices.
But I could imagine a method. As follows, first flash the latest OOS-ZIP, execute the copy-partition-script and flash LOS again. I will test that at some point.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%252FCyanogenMod%252FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    GPS
    Alert Slider
    NFC

Known issues :
    You tell me.

Instructions :
    Download the latest build.
    Reboot to Recovery.
    Flash the build.
    Reboot to recovery.
    Format Data.
    Flash GApps (Optional).
    Flash Magisk (Optional).
    Reboot

Downloads :
    Grab ur build : Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus Nord

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the OnePlus Nord

Contributors
    @KakatkarAkshay
    Device Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_avicii
    Kernel Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm7250

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Stable Release Date: Updated weekly

Created 2020-11-03
    Last Updated 2020-11-03
    Hi, any plans about Lineage18.1 on Avicii ?
    Builds are now official and will be published on https://download.lineageos.org according to the build schedules. Builds will be updated weekly.
    Sadly that seems to be the case: no changes by the maintainer since Jan 27. It's on auto-build or something, since weekly updates do come along with generic updates applied. I don't know how long is that able go on before the device is dropped from the official roster. Maybe another developer will pick it up, if the current maintainer has lost interest in this ROM.

Again, no complaints - it's volunteer work and i'm grateful for it all anyway.
    I haven't lost interest, I'm busy irl and don't have time to work on Nord right now.
    When lineageos 18 will be released for nord ??