[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 [OnePlus Nord/avicii]

ArmiDuctor

Sep 23, 2012
I tested the finger print scanner a bit more thoroughly and although night light is turned off I only get about a 5-10% succesful scans. On the stock ROM this was more like 98%. So there is a gap for improvement there. ;) I also have to say that I do not agree with the conclusion in post #20 that "it works quite well"... but maybe I just have weird fingers :D

sniperle

Dec 8, 2010
I have been reading through xda to figure this out. I use the riru-core and Riru exposed + fakegapps in exposed. Signature signing seems to work when I check in microg setting. But I have no safetynet and therefore Netflix will not start (at least that is my current guess). Also I have magisk hide enabled and did the props for fingerprint. But no safetynet pass yet.

So if somebody here did manage to get it working then I would love to know what the steps are to get there :)
I use microG as a Magisk module and usually don't need Signature Spoofing, but if I do, I also install NanoDroid-patcher. But can not say whether Netflix then works.

sniperle

Dec 8, 2010
I tested the finger print scanner a bit more thoroughly and although night light is turned off I only get about a 5-10% succesful scans. On the stock ROM this was more like 98%. So there is a gap for improvement there. ;) I also have to say that I do not agree with the conclusion in post #20 that "it works quite well"... but maybe I just have weird fingers :D
The fingerprint sensor works quite well in Daylight Mode for me, but the ceramic sensor of my "old" OnePlus 3T is still a bit better. However, I have also noticed that when sunlight or very bright light from a lamp falls on the display, then there are also problems. But that is probably because the sensor scans optically.
Try a few other fingers or scan your fingerprints again, maybe it helps.

Last edited:

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
@KakatkarAkshay

I installed the latest (and only, so far) official ROM yesterday. I've tested some camera apps a bit, and it seems 4K recording is unavailable on this ROM with GCam mods:

- OpenCamera records 4K fine with Camera2 API enabled. This indicates the cameras itself work fine?

- GCam mods, even ones made for the Nord, only produce 1080p videos even with 4K settings enabled. I asked about this in the specific thread and got a reply that 4K recording works with GCam mods on OxygenOS (the stock app obviously works but it was confirmed GCam records 4K too). This points to something in the ROM instead?

Is there something to be done about this? I would use OpenCamera but GCams produce so much better images.

edit: i just noticed the native LOS camera app doesn't have the 4K option either, it maxes at 1080p so i'm thinking there is something missing regarding camera functions on the ROM level. Has anyone else tested this?

Last edited:

omegaharvest

Aug 19, 2018
I've noticed the mobile data drops randomly every couple of minutes and then reconnects. The same SIM works fine in my other phone in the same room so I don't think it's the signal.

ArmiDuctor

Sep 23, 2012
I've noticed the mobile data drops randomly every couple of minutes and then reconnects. The same SIM works fine in my other phone in the same room so I don't think it's the signal.
I tried mobile data for the last 2 hours to see if I experience it too but internet is very stable. No drops whatsoever.

KakatkarAkshay

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2020
@KakatkarAkshay

I installed the latest (and only, so far) official ROM yesterday. I've tested some camera apps a bit, and it seems 4K recording is unavailable on this ROM with GCam mods:

- OpenCamera records 4K fine with Camera2 API enabled. This indicates the cameras itself work fine?

- GCam mods, even ones made for the Nord, only produce 1080p videos even with 4K settings enabled. I asked about this in the specific thread and got a reply that 4K recording works with GCam mods on OxygenOS (the stock app obviously works but it was confirmed GCam records 4K too). This points to something in the ROM instead?

Is there something to be done about this? I would use OpenCamera but GCams produce so much better images.

edit: i just noticed the native LOS camera app doesn't have the 4K option either, it maxes at 1080p so i'm thinking there is something missing regarding camera functions on the ROM level. Has anyone else tested this?
Will take a look

dzwietering

Nov 24, 2011
Amstelveen
Great job in getting LOS out, thanks! I had planned to wait a few more months before buying a Nord, but the battery of my OP3T was getting really bad. After a few days of OOS (mainly to get to know the phone and to get the latest updates) I jumped to LOS, been running that since CyanogenMod on Nexus One.
Anyway, followed the official install strictly, using OpenGapps pico (who needs Digital Wellbeing) and Magisk 21.2 (now on 21.4). Everything fine, except Chrome, which always hangs after a while before the dreaded 'not responding'. Logs show this error every now and then:

01-18 09:23:33.051 E/hwservicemanager(547): Failed to set property for starting [email protected]::IDrmFactory/wfdhdcp

This seems related. I tried quite some things, like Chrome Beta, Chrome Dev, tinkering with the System Webview settings, and finally tried this module (because this all seems related to DRM):

In Full Mode, it prevents the Chrome problems and the logcat entries are gone, but then my sound doesn't work any more. When disabled, sound is back but Chrome hangs again.

What's going on? I remember that when I ran the initial copy A/B script (being at slot B at the time, because of the first update of OOS), I got an error in copying the last three items, where one of them is vendor. That may be related too. I sideloaded LOS again, reboot to recovery for the switch to slot A, OpenGapps pico and Magisk again, reboot, and no change, still Chrome hangs after a while.

Any hints?

BTW, I used this to get through SafetyNet with the fingerprint of Nord Europe, Google Pay is running fine:

ArmiDuctor

Sep 23, 2012

BTW, I used this to get through SafetyNet with the fingerprint of Nord Europe, Google Pay is running fine:

This part is interesting for me as i have no luck getting safetynet going. Do you have edxposed installed? Because I also tried props but for me it does not work in combination with MicroG.

Last edited:

dzwietering

Nov 24, 2011
Amstelveen
This part is interesting for me as i have no luck getting safetynet going. Do you have edxposed installed? Because I also tried props but for me it does not work in combination with MicroG.
No edxposed here. CTS failed before I spoofed the Nord Europe fingerprint, now it's fine. Basic integrity was already passing.

kevjaN

Aug 2, 2010
Of course, I understand. However, that was just a closing remark, my main problem is still Chrome hanging after a minute or so, regardless of CTS passing. Could you have a look at my post above?
Yes I also have the problem that Chrome freezes this happens but also with Brave. I have now once reflashed and leave the Props module away. But unfortunately the error is still there. Chrome Crasht after about a minute.

@KakatkarAkshay: Thanks for the info. But do you have any idea why Google Chrome freezes? The Jelly Browser (default system browser) works flawlessly without freezing

Reactions: dzwietering

KakatkarAkshay

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2020
Yes I also have the problem that Chrome freezes this happens but also with Brave. I have now once reflashed and leave the Props module away. But unfortunately the error is still there. Chrome Crasht after about a minute.

@KakatkarAkshay: Thanks for the info. But do you have any idea why Google Chrome freezes? The Jelly Browser (default system browser) works flawlessly without freezing
I'm not able to flash lineageos as of right now, I was testing lineageos 18 and had some emergency so had to go back to oxygenos and will not be able to flash 17.1 again for a few weeks so if you could provide me logs of the issues that'd be appreciated.

Reactions: dzwietering

dzwietering

Nov 24, 2011
Amstelveen

This seems to solve it:

Make sure you backup /vendor/etc/vintf/manifest.xml before editing!