[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies for HTC One M8 / M8 Dual SIM

Search This thread

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
I have the same problems with lineage-17.1-20210205-nightly-m8-signed,but with lineage-17.1-20201030-nightly-m8-signed I have no such problems.

Do you have an link to download it, on official page i can only download until lineage-17.1-20210129 version, i think it happens because recent security patches and updates uses more ram, i noticed it when i ran an Lineage OS 17 rom on an Moto G 2014 (Titan) with 1 GB of RAM and the oldest version uses less ram memory

@[email protected]

Sep 15, 2019
Donbass
Do you have an link to download it, on official page i can only download until lineage-17.1-20210129 version, i think it happens because recent security patches and updates uses more ram, i noticed it when i ran an Lineage OS 17 rom on an Moto G 2014 (Titan) with 1 GB of RAM and the oldest version uses less ram memory

• Love
Reactions: chuy19312

wd9895

Mar 16, 2018
Still having hang-up in the latest ROM lineage-17.1-20210305-nightly-m8-signed.zip
If I'm constantly using it, no hangs ups, no freeze.
If it's unused e.g. over night It's -sometimes- very slow in morning. After a reboot everything is fine again.
System UI complains about a generel error. That's the only I can noticed.
Some memory consuming app also cause a lack of speed an hangs.

A memory or file system error ?

TrashG00gl3

Oct 29, 2019
There are several problems with this rom, when i watch a youtube video and some promotion video comes on and i skip it, sometimes the video i was watching becomes gray and the sound is still on, i need to go to next video then back to fix this glitch, also it freezes alot, since i started to use swapfile it almost not freezes but lags alot
Use Apps2SD and create a SWAP there, otherwise it lags a lot when using multitasting or heavy apps

TrashG00gl3

Oct 29, 2019
Still having hang-up in the latest ROM lineage-17.1-20210305-nightly-m8-signed.zip
If I'm constantly using it, no hangs ups, no freeze.
If it's unused e.g. over night It's -sometimes- very slow in morning. After a reboot everything is fine again.
System UI complains about a generel error. That's the only I can noticed.
Some memory consuming app also cause a lack of speed an hangs.

A memory or file system error ?
After creating a SWAP in Apps2SD no more app crashs or lags

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
After a month using this rom, i know what's the cause of bugging after unlocking screen, is the lockscreen, after disabling it, bug dissapeared

The bug consists on when you unlock your phone, lock icon on top side of the screen appears for like 4 or 6 seconds then dissapears and navigation bar appears again

Sadly i don't have any logcat, but with only unlocking the phone, you will notice this bug

Tested with this installed
lineage-17.1-20210312-nightly-m8-signed.zip
open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20210107.zip
BusyBox-v1.24.2-Stericson_android10.zip (i ported it to work with android 10)
Magisk-v21-4.zip

I tweaked a little the build.prop file but i tested without build.prop tweaks and is the same

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
i tested many ways ...
if you want use this rom . install gapps pico only.
if do this rom work better.
default launcher work ok
¿Gapps Pico only? i tested this rom with gapps micro and it worked really nice since this is an 2 GB ram phone, it even ran a little better than my Moto G 2014 (Titan) with the best android 7 rom i had when playing games, also actually i have this rom with pico gapps and extras like gmail and google search

Reactions: tejljr

ofir_a

Jul 13, 2014
Hi all ,
I moved some apps to sd card using Lin2SD but when Im trying to update them from google play I got error from play store that the app can't be update . If I move the app back to the phone storage the update wok as expected .. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Any idea how to solve this ?

Thanks in advance :)

Unknownnordic

Mar 22, 2021
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
yG18r6g.png

Working:
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • ANT+
  • NFC
  • Camera (including video recording)
  • FM Radio
  • Telephony (Calls, MMS/SMS and Mobile data)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS

Broken / not yet supported:
  • MHL

Compatibility:
Single SIM variants:
Builds are compatible with all M8 single SIM variants (m8ul, m8vzw and m8spr).​
Dual SIM variants:
Builds are compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).​
In both cases, all builds are based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:
Single SIM variants:
Dual SIM variants:

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery (TWRP by @Captain_Throwback) - Direct link
  • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:
Single SIM variants:
Dual SIM variants:

Im hoping this is third time lucky now ive made some adjustments, just managed to unlock the network with the [GUIDE] SIM-Unlock without S-OFF [Lots of fixes added].
Fantastic guide! And now....
Woohoo Lineage.. I miss this so much, I bricked my A3 with lineage and then broke the screen, but looks like the M8 has taken to it well.
Props and respect!

Reactions: tejljr
Use Apps2SD and create a SWAP there, otherwise it lags a lot when using multitasting or heavy apps
I don’t know if I performed the SWAP correctly or this is the right app to do it with, but I’d appreciate if someone can give some steps on how to do SWAP for Apps2SD

Attachments

• D5794AB3-104D-45BF-97D7-65DCF6484B3A.jpeg
    D5794AB3-104D-45BF-97D7-65DCF6484B3A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • ANT+
    • NFC
    • FM Radio
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS

• MHL

Compatibility:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:
    In both cases, all builds are based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:

Installation:
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
    This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:

Im hoping this is third time lucky now ive made some adjustments, just managed to unlock the network with the [GUIDE] SIM-Unlock without S-OFF [Lots of fixes added].
    Fantastic guide! And now....
    Woohoo Lineage.. I miss this so much, I bricked my A3 with lineage and then broke the screen, but looks like the M8 has taken to it well.
    Props and respect!
    I don’t know if I performed the SWAP correctly or this is the right app to do it with, but I’d appreciate if someone can give some steps on how to do SWAP for Apps2SD
    I set my priority as 1 and it seems to work. It was more instinct than knowledge on my part but it might be worth a try.
    Do you remember the size and where you placed it?
    I set my size as 4GB (twice ram) and I placed it in the same place as you. I noticed when I had a lot of apps open, the swap file went up to about 650mb if that means anything. My sizing was arbitrary as I know very little about swap files.
    Would Gapps stock or super be too much for this rom to handle?
    Well, it's an 2 GB RAM device, i think it will not be too much for this rom but you will have the same performance that having an 1 GB RAM device (it will run but not smoothly, also android 10 on 1 GB ram devices is kinda slow unless you use it for social network apps and simple games since all of google apps are always active and using ram and other resources), also you will not have much free system storage and take way more time to boot first time and on factory reset

In my case i flash gapps pico and add gmail and google search apps to system partition, odex all of those apps using lucky patcher and it takes like an minute to boot after factory reset, it even has an nice performance.

As maximum i could recommend you to flash micro gapps, it will also give you enough system storage if you want to put more apps into system or even odexing them
    Well, i tested the recent version and i noticed this

When enabling the flashlight on quick settings (and even with third party apps), phone starts to vibrate and doing an strange popping sound

Sometimes, music gets stopped for some seconds and even disabling AudioFX for an extra seconds

SystemUI is kinda bugged, sometimes it puts the unlock icon for some seconds after unlocking the phone and after those seconds, it dissapears and software buttons appears, also SystemUI makes phone freezing for seconds

After two or three days, i have to restart my phone because the ram gets decreased at the point i will only have between 350-450 MB of RAM and between 120-260 of caché memory, using an swap memory should be unnecesary because is ridiculous to having to use it on 2 GB RAM devices, especially since i use picoGapps and a few extras like Gmail and Google Search (even with those apps, when i restart i have 0.9 GB of free RAM)

Your camera may be broken. Test if it shimmers in a camera app.

+ this ROM has been bugged since July for me (others report October)
    2okPze5.png

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • ANT+
    • NFC
    • FM Radio
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS

• MHL

Compatibility:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:

Downloads:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:

Installation:

Credits & collaborations

Device wiki:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:
    Anyway, I need one user with the Verizon Wireless variant (MID 0P6B20000) and one user with the Sprint variant (MID 0P6B70000) in order to test something new. The idea is to kill this variant script and do the QC libril selection in a different way. Contact me if and only if you have one of these models.
    No one? Whatever, I did it blindly. If someone with such variants complains, I'll need to do it in some other way. New builds are up and should all be good for the majority of the users right now.

Don't bother reporting about missing features. There are still quite a few features to forward-port to Q, so bear with us.
    I'll fix that as soon as possible. That's a script that's failing during the installation and causing the breakage in telephony.

New build is up. Should be working now. :)
    Just an heads-up for everyone that is eagerly waiting for new builds. I will release new builds this week.
    error 7 problem exist here too, should i flash gapps and reboot or there's something that i must do?

I'll fix that as soon as possible. That's a script that's failing during the installation and causing the breakage in telephony.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone