• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies for HTC One M8 / M8 Dual SIM

Search This thread

Help The Peace

Oct 19, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 4
Edit: I don't know HOW. But it started to suddenly work (I began to believe...)! Now I managed to flash the correct ROM update on it! Hallelujah!

Hey guys,

Here's an urgent request for help. I installed Lineage OS 17.1 successfully. But now I fail to connect to my Windows 10 Lenovo PC. I tried installing HTC Sync Manager. That didn't help. At some point I managed to show the device files on Windows 10. But after about a minute it automatically disconnected and from then on connected and disconnected all the time, infinitely. Until a dialogue showed that the device had been disconnected.

Now my question. What do I have to do to make the HTC M8 (Single SIM) compatible with Windows 10?

This is urgent, as my sister is going to get the phone and she needs it until tomorrow!

Last edited:

JG2021

Feb 17, 2021
Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if I'm at the right spot/thread here.
I've installed LineageOS on a M8 and made a backup with TWRP of the original ROM before.
Now I wanted to restore the backup, which seemed to work properly but after the backup TWRP says if I'm sure I want to reboot because there is no OS installed...
Does anybody know, how I could get my backup to work?
Thanks in advance!
Jakob

@[email protected]

Sep 15, 2019
Donbass
Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if I'm at the right spot/thread here.
I've installed LineageOS on a M8 and made a backup with TWRP of the original ROM before.
Now I wanted to restore the backup, which seemed to work properly but after the backup TWRP says if I'm sure I want to reboot because there is no OS installed...
Does anybody know, how I could get my backup to work?
Thanks in advance!
Jakob
Which ROM did you install?

JG2021

Feb 17, 2021
Try this way: Flash this immediately after restoring the Lineage 17.1 backup and you will be happy http://www.mediafire.com/file/a454nnpp8l7afbr/fix_rootfs_label.zip/file
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I didn't describe my problem properly. I had the original HTC Rom Marshmellow on the M8 and then installed LineageOS.
Before I installed Lineage, I did a backup in TWRP of the HTC Rom and now I would like to restore the Stock Rom (HTC) instead of the LineageOS. So it's not a Lienage backup I tried to restore.
Any ideas how to get the TWRP backup restored? The phone can't reboot after restoring the original Rom and says "Are you shure you want to reboot, no OS" (or something like that - I'm back on Lineage atm)

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I didn't describe my problem properly. I had the original HTC Rom Marshmellow on the M8 and then installed LineageOS.
Before I installed Lineage, I did a backup in TWRP of the HTC Rom and now I would like to restore the Stock Rom (HTC) instead of the LineageOS. So it's not a Lienage backup I tried to restore.
Any ideas how to get the TWRP backup restored? The phone can't reboot after restoring the original Rom and says "Are you shure you want to reboot, no OS" (or something like that - I'm back on Lineage atm)
I had something similar trying to restore an ancient first backup I made just before having to flash this as an emergency measure. my total shot in the dark guess would be that later editions of TWRP can't restore backups made by earlier versions.
at the very least someone will feel compelled to refute my idea and provide a more fitting explanation.
as an extra detail, before I tried to restore the Sense rom I backed up the CRDroid I wasn't too happy with and that wouldn't restore either. I had no OS twice in a row. I had to upgrade my TWRP thru TWRP to successfully flash Lineage. also TWRP has logs that you can ask for from the advanced tab I think. that would help getting a diagnosis. it might still have your last adventure recorded so try booting in and getting them.

Dynamo_anik

Oct 15, 2017
Dhaka
I am using 17.1 latest build.
After changing the battery my proximity, light, compass, accelerometer sensors are nor working.
Can anyone help me regarding this?

Last edited:

sladeaugustine

May 19, 2021
Does the duo camera effects work on this rom? I am currently using 15.1 and everything works great except camera only recognizes the main camera at the back not the top auto focus camera........... so image quality is poor.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the meantime LOS 17.1 is outdated. I used it quite a long time and it worked pretty well but I was bothered by the memory management issues with freezes and hickups since a few months.

I recommend Android 11 used by the official AICP 16. My biggest concern were the banking app I use but if the phone is not rooted this is no issue at all. It runs smoothly as daily driver and the battery drain is definitely not higher compared to LOS 17.1. The updates happen on weekly base.

My M8 is a european one, no carrier specific.

Try it https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/#htc
    What am I updating? Thanks.
    Your device Firmware(Bootloader, recovery and Radio) , You can use RUU files for your variant
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • ANT+
    • NFC
    • Camera (including video recording)
    • FM Radio
    • Telephony (Calls, MMS/SMS and Mobile data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Broken / not yet supported:
    • MHL

Compatibility:
    Single SIM variants:
    Builds are compatible with all M8 single SIM variants (m8ul, m8vzw and m8spr).​
    Dual SIM variants:
    Builds are compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).​
    In both cases, all builds are based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP by @Captain_Throwback) - Direct link
    • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
    This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:
    Anyway, I need one user with the Verizon Wireless variant (MID 0P6B20000) and one user with the Sprint variant (MID 0P6B70000) in order to test something new. The idea is to kill this variant script and do the QC libril selection in a different way. Contact me if and only if you have one of these models.
    No one? Whatever, I did it blindly. If someone with such variants complains, I'll need to do it in some other way. New builds are up and should all be good for the majority of the users right now.

Don't bother reporting about missing features. There are still quite a few features to forward-port to Q, so bear with us.
    error 7 problem exist here too, should i flash gapps and reboot or there's something that i must do?

I'll fix that as soon as possible. That's a script that's failing during the installation and causing the breakage in telephony.
    Just an heads-up for everyone that is eagerly waiting for new builds. I will release new builds this week.
    I'll fix that as soon as possible. That's a script that's failing during the installation and causing the breakage in telephony.

New build is up. Should be working now. :)