• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies for HTC One M8 / M8 Dual SIM

Search This thread

thrik

Jun 10, 2010
I can’t do OTA updates with this rom. Whenever I install the updates in TWRP, it sends my device into a bootloop. I have to erase everytime I do an OTA update. How do I fix this?
Had issues with TWRP too, just flash and use the LineageOS recovery instead. No issues since.

wd9895

Mar 16, 2018
Hamburg
In the meantime LOS 17.1 is outdated. I used it quite a long time and it worked pretty well but I was bothered by the memory management issues with freezes and hickups since a few months.

I recommend Android 11 used by the official AICP 16. My biggest concern were the banking app I use but if the phone is not rooted this is no issue at all. It runs smoothly as daily driver and the battery drain is definitely not higher compared to LOS 17.1. The updates happen on weekly base.

My M8 is a european one, no carrier specific.

Try it https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/#htc

Reactions: old.splatterhand

fela4

Apr 7, 2016
Utopia
HTC One (M8)
Been running lineage 18.1 Eng builds for the M8 for two months straight and they are very stable, not had any hiccups. We might get official, but there's no telling when

Just unlocked the bootloader for the device but for some reason after flashing LineageOS recovery, I can't access the recovery. The screen stops at Entering Recovery and reboots. I can access the recovery using the latest TWRP but once I'm in I can't flash LineageOS 17.1 because I'm getting the Error 7 message.

I followed the steps on LineageOS website precisely so I don't understand what's happening.

fela4

Apr 7, 2016
Utopia
HTC One (M8)
Just unlocked the bootloader for the device but for some reason after flashing LineageOS recovery, I can't access the recovery. The screen stops at Entering Recovery and reboots. I can access the recovery using the latest TWRP but once I'm in I can't flash LineageOS 17.1 because I'm getting the Error 7 message.

I followed the steps on LineageOS website precisely so I don't understand what's happening.
You may need to do This , should be good to go after, also what version of TWRP are you using ?

You may need to do This , should be good to go after, also what version of TWRP are you using ?
Resize the partition? I tried that already without any success. As far as TWRP goes, I'm using 3.5.2.

By any chance, does my outdated fastboot or bootloader have anything to do with not being able to flash ROM's? I'm currently using HBOOT 3.16 and I cannot download any firmware's or drivers off HTC's website which isn't helping either.

fela4

Apr 7, 2016
Utopia
HTC One (M8)
Resize the partition? I tried that already without any success. As far as TWRP goes, I'm using 3.5.2.

By any chance, does my outdated fastboot or bootloader have anything to do with not being able to flash ROM's? I'm currently using HBOOT 3.16 and I cannot download any firmware's or drivers off HTC's website which isn't helping either.
I was using KK bootloader even for 18.1 and it was working fine. I just updated recently to the 6.0 , but because the OP notes that it's based of 6.0, it might be in your best interest to update and try again.

ben_2777

Oct 27, 2021
Hi everyone,
M8 (single SIM, unlock bootloader and TWRP installed using fastboot)
I come to you, I don't kow where to dig anymore. I managed to install the ROM (lineage-17.1-20211022-nightly-m8-signed), using TWRP(twrp-3.5.2_9-0-m8) + GAPPS (open_gapps-arm-10.0-nano-20211027).
Procedure:
1- On TWRP "advanced wipe" selected everything but not "internal data" --> Wipe
2-install custom ROM
3-install GAPPS
4- I selected "Wipe" on the left before rebooting system.
ps: just like this video for illustration

Lineage start perfectly, I am on the "1st page" language. No SIM card I pass this step, then I choose a wifi netwok to check for update "connected". After 2-3 min I got an error. It is like I am connected to WiFi but no access to internet. Do you have any idea, please? (I am stuck a this page, I can't do anything but reboot)
Nota: I tried 2x differents WiFi network same issue
Nota: I tried installing GAPPS after rebooting fresh LOS install it doesn't work neither.

I installed LOS standalone and wifi work perfectly (no hardware problem, no network problem)

Last edited:

ben_2777

Oct 27, 2021
Hi everyone,
M8 (single SIM, unlock bootloader and TWRP installed using fastboot)
I come to you, I don't kow where to dig anymore. I managed to install the ROM (lineage-17.1-20211022-nightly-m8-signed), using TWRP(twrp-3.5.2_9-0-m8) + GAPPS (open_gapps-arm-10.0-nano-20211027).
Procedure:
1- On TWRP "advanced wipe" selected everything but not "internal data" --> Wipe
2-install custom ROM
3-install GAPPS
4- I selected "Wipe" on the left before rebooting system.
ps: just like this video for illustration

Lineage start perfectly, I am on the "1st page" language. No SIM card I pass this step, then I choose a wifi netwok to check for update "connected". After 2-3 min I got an error. It is like I am connected to WiFi but no access to internet. Do you have any idea, please? (I am stuck a this page, I can't do anything but reboot)
Nota: I tried 2x differents WiFi network same issue
Nota: I tried installing GAPPS after rebooting fresh LOS install it doesn't work neither.

I installed LOS standalone and wifi work perfectly (no hardware problem, no network problem)
For GAPPS.zip: There have been 27/10 version, 28/10 version and now downgrade to 21/10 version. it seems there is issue with it.
Fixed with version available the 30/10/2021 on internet. Thanks developpers!

Last edited:

K3li

Oct 7, 2019
For GAPPS.zip: There have been 27/10 version, 28/10 version and now downgrade to 21/10 version. it seems there is issue with it.
Fixed with version available the 30/10/2021 on internet. Thanks developpers!
You should give this build here a try.

It comes with the Google stuff baked in so you don't have to flash any Gapps. Think of it like a Pixel ROM but with Lineage as a base.
Haven't been experiencing random reboots or lockups like with most LOS based ROMs. Plus it's version 18.1.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211030-113841_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211030-113841_Settings.png
    107.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20211030-113718_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20211030-113718_Pixel_Launcher.png
    349.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20211030-113905_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20211030-113905_Pixel_Launcher.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: ben_2777

ben_2777

Oct 27, 2021
You should give this build here a try.

It comes with the Google stuff baked in so you don't have to flash any Gapps. Think of it like a Pixel ROM but with Lineage as a base.
Haven't been experiencing random reboots or lockups like with most LOS based ROMs. Plus it's version 18.1.
Thanks for the advice. I hesitated to go throw others more recent LOS version. By reading forums they seem to be not released as this one. I am just looking for stable version. ( I "refresh" old dad smartphone, no need for much, but stable one). Is it this ROM that delete TWRP during flashing, and I have to re install it after?

Reactions: tejljr

K3li

Oct 7, 2019
Thanks for the advice. I hesitated to go throw others more recent LOS version. By reading forums they seem to be not released as this one. I am just looking for stable version. ( I "refresh" old dad smartphone, no need for much, but stable one). Is it this ROM that delete TWRP during flashing, and I have to re install it after?
I hear you about finding a stable LOS build. I know how frustrating it can be to find a ROM that just works.
No this ROM doesn't remove your recovery. I'm using it with TWRP just fine.

• Love
Reactions: ben_2777

ben_2777

Oct 27, 2021
I hear you about finding a stable LOS build. I know how frustrating it can be to find a ROM that just works.
No this ROM doesn't remove your recovery. I'm using it with TWRP just fine.
So let's "flash and scroll". Hopefully you just help me to go to my next smartphone, to build.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • ANT+
    • NFC
    • Camera (including video recording)
    • FM Radio
    • Telephony (Calls, MMS/SMS and Mobile data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Broken / not yet supported:
    • MHL

Compatibility:
    Single SIM variants:
    Builds are compatible with all M8 single SIM variants (m8ul, m8vzw and m8spr).​
    Dual SIM variants:
    Builds are compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).​
    In both cases, all builds are based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP by @Captain_Throwback) - Direct link
    • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
    This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:
    Anyway, I need one user with the Verizon Wireless variant (MID 0P6B20000) and one user with the Sprint variant (MID 0P6B70000) in order to test something new. The idea is to kill this variant script and do the QC libril selection in a different way. Contact me if and only if you have one of these models.
    No one? Whatever, I did it blindly. If someone with such variants complains, I'll need to do it in some other way. New builds are up and should all be good for the majority of the users right now.

Don't bother reporting about missing features. There are still quite a few features to forward-port to Q, so bear with us.
    error 7 problem exist here too, should i flash gapps and reboot or there's something that i must do?

I'll fix that as soon as possible. That's a script that's failing during the installation and causing the breakage in telephony.
    Just an heads-up for everyone that is eagerly waiting for new builds. I will release new builds this week.
    I'll fix that as soon as possible. That's a script that's failing during the installation and causing the breakage in telephony.

New build is up. Should be working now. :)