[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies for Nexus 7 2013 (flox)

Search This thread

makjim

Jan 9, 2018
Trying to move from the unofficial LOS 17.1 to the flox. Installed the TWRP 3.4.0 flox recover from the original TWRP 3.4.0.

After reboot the modified flox TWRP and install the 1214 flox image, encountered the following error.

”Failed to mount ‘/vendor’ (Invalid argument)”

Fall back to the original flo for the time being.
Problem fixed after repartitioning. My fault for not following the instructon.

Merry X'mas everybody.

thedanniel

May 7, 2010
Thank you, my old nexus is like new again.
With the update I hear the difference of high-resolution audio over usb otg, it's perfect and a big difference from the old ROM.
https://source.android.com/devices/audio/highres-effects

I can't wait for new improvements to the 17.1 rom, I'm looking for improved battery usage, because as soon as the screen turns off spotify immediately stutters.

I have tried everything but can't solve it now, someone else has an idea or help.

Thank you so much.

sdadaf

Apr 15, 2015
It was hard to install this rom.
Anyway i succedd

First of all, Flo ≠ Flox
ud4 who is maker of this lineage rom? said,
"We use name Flox to show the difference between installation method in new versions of LineageOS on this device, which is not compatible with older versions. "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you have any problem, restore it (if you are fine, go to directly)

Install Flox twrp (modified twrp)
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145694244

Do repartition

install "repartion.zip" in twrp → go "Advanced→Terminal" in twrp → enter "modify"

Install Flox lineage rom

Last edited:
Reactions: ud4

weresgyufa

Oct 12, 2006
Miskolc
Lol:ROFLMAO:, i understand why the command "adb pull" did not work. (I was in Directory C:\Windows\System32)
Once moved to another directory, i succeed to pull the backup of "EFS/Persist".
But now i have another issue with "Repartition", when i try installing it i got an Error:21 (see attached screenshot)

View attachment 5165899

It seems to be similar to this person on reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/kgl2y7
I try to search for more detail in forum there:

Any idea to avoid this error ? and what error : 21 means ?

Thank you so much
Hello.

I have the same issue Error 21 :( I try it several times from the begining, maybe I did something wrong, but I always get the same Error 21.

Is there any solution for thís, because I'm stuck on the repartition now and I can't do that with the described steps/tools.
Thank you for the help.

BR.

So, I think i got the solution for those, whohas ERROR 21.

First when you install the flo-deb_clamor_repartition_20201203.zip to make the repartition, first do the partition job with the comand :"stock"

This will set up all the things to the stock, I really dont know why I cant do this installation from the Last Official 6.0.1 ROM...

After this do the repartition job but now with the vomand:"modify"

After doing this I could install the repartition job it was runing down with any issues and after this I copy the FLOX image to the Nexus and Install it, after this I could instal GAPPS nano and now I'm start to run my Nexus az a FLOX with this new Image.

Make a Try, I hope It will help.

BR.

weresgyufa

Oct 12, 2006
Miskolc
It's runing quiet smooth, thank you guys for the job!
Screenshot_20201226-142344_Trebuchet.png
Screenshot_20201226-142502_Beállítások.png

GeekyTanuj

• Oct 21, 2015
    Unable to understand the new repartition guide (used the CROSS and RESTOCK utilities before) to use the unofficial LOS 17.1 builds before.

Also, always end up with TWRP error 7 and ”Failed to mount ‘/vendor’ (Invalid argument)” when flash using the twrp used in the tabbed reply on page 1.

ud4

Apr 9, 2013
    Minsk
    Unable to understand the new repartition guide (used the CROSS and RESTOCK utilities before) to use the unofficial LOS 17.1 builds before.

Also, always end up with TWRP error 7 and ”Failed to mount ‘/vendor’ (Invalid argument)” when flash using the twrp used in the tabbed reply on page 1.
    First, use recovery for flox, after that format the vendor partition and install the ROM. And finally, make sure that you have performed repartition!

Reactions: GeekyTanuj

DrSnowHR

Dec 21, 2020
    So, I think i got the solution for those, whohas ERROR 21.

First when you install the flo-deb_clamor_repartition_20201203.zip to make the repartition, first do the partition job with the comand :"stock"

This will set up all the things to the stock, I really dont know why I cant do this installation from the Last Official 6.0.1 ROM...

After this do the repartition job but now with the vomand:"modify"

After doing this I could install the repartition job it was runing down with any issues and after this I copy the FLOX image to the Nexus and Install it, after this I could instal GAPPS nano and now I'm start to run my Nexus az a FLOX with this new Image.

Make a Try, I hope It will help.

BR.

Where do you type the command "Stock" or "modify", Is it from our PC Powershell with "ADB shell" first ?

I'm also doing it from stock 6.0.1 Official ROM.

Thank you.

DrSnowHR

Dec 21, 2020
    From stock — modify

Stock did not work for me but i did directly modify by bypassing the error 21.

I sucessfully install Lineage OS (and i can boot to it) but when trying to install GAPPS even with Pico packages, it is always saying "insufficient space".

1609060854210.png

Any idea on how to unlock the situation ?

Thank you.

Last edited:

ud4

Apr 9, 2013
    Minsk
    Stock did not work for me but i did directly modify by bypassing the error 21.

I sucessfully install Lineage OS (and i can boot to it) but when trying to install GAPPS even with Pico packages, it is always saying "insufficient space".

View attachment 5169369

Any idea on how to unlock the situation ?

Thank you.

Raymond Huynh
    Use TWRP as a temporary solution, in the next build of recovery (should be tomorrow along with the main build) it will be fixed

Reactions: weresgyufa

weresgyufa

Oct 12, 2006
    Miskolc
    Where do you type the command "Stock" or "modify", Is it from our PC Powershell with "ADB shell" first ?

I'm also doing it from stock 6.0.1 Official ROM.

Thank you.
    Hello.

I used the modifyed TWRP from the post Nr.:46. When the TWRP was on the tab I run the repartition.zip from the same post under TWRP and when the installation was done then First I gon in TWRP → go "Advanced→Terminal"→ and enter "stock" when it was done then I I stall the repartition.zip ágán but in this time I type to the terminal the command "modify".
    When this runs down then copy from the PC to the tab the LOS and install it, and install GAPPS too. When it's done clear dalvik and cache, reboot and it's done.

DrSnowHR

Dec 21, 2020
    Hello.

I used the modifyed TWRP from the post Nr.:46. When the TWRP was on the tab I run the repartition.zip from the same post under TWRP and when the installation was done then First I gon in TWRP → go "Advanced→Terminal"→ and enter "stock" when it was done then I I stall the repartition.zip ágán but in this time I type to the terminal the command "modify".
    When this runs down then copy from the PC to the tab the LOS and install it, and install GAPPS too. When it's done clear dalvik and cache, reboot and it's done.
    Hello,

it is working now with TWRP, i did installation of Gapps nano.

But me i just bypass error 21 with normal modify command and everything seems to be fine.

Only netflix is having error 502.1019, Will it be correct with an OTA update or do i need to reinstalled everything again ?

Thank you so much

Reactions: weresgyufa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I couldn't find a post for official lineageos 18.1 for flox, but the links you posted as
      "Official dowload links" are now for 18.1 , and btw the install instructions worked great upgrading from an old LineageOS 15.1.

In the official 18.1 i can confirm that encryption works ok.
      The only problem that i can confirm is with using wifi with mixed mode WPA2/WPA3 (the same network in that the old 15.1 worked fine for the last year). For now, the workaround was to add in the router a new network offering only WPA2.

Thanks to the developers for their hard work, that allow us to keep this device updated, 8 years after buying it.
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
      #include
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Device-specific source code:

Downloads:

What works?

• Wi-Fi
      • Bluetooth
      • Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, etc.)
      • Camera
      • Video (playback & recording)
      • Audio (playback & recording)
      • GPS
      • Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues:
      • Nothing (?)
      Installation:
      • Follow instructions at Official wiki
      • NOTE: Users who have already performed repartition should only change recovery to Lineage recovery or to my TWRP build (see the post below)
      So, why flox?
      We use name flox to show the difference between installation method in new versions of LineageOS on this device, which is not compatible with older versions.
      TWRP
      If TWRP is a convenient installation method for you, then you can download and use my recovery build.
      Update found new build and downloaded but didn't reboot to recovery to install.
      I downloaded it manually and flash it.
      Where can I find the update download bluid to delete it?
      Thanks
      It will be fixed in the next update, you can find it after mount /data at:
      Code:
      /data/lineageos_updates/lineage-nameofzipfile.zip
      Hello, I can´t use the updater. It says "installation failed". Is this a known bug? Regards
      Fixed now
      I have created an alternative single-click re-partition script which safely and easily generates the "UA" /flox partitions...

--- Go to to the CROSS thread and run lineage-install-2-flox.bat CROSS2 script to install everything automatically.