[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies [lux]

Search This thread

x2k13

Nov 2, 2015
Hi, good to hear there is people developing for Moto X Play, just took it out from drawer.

I am get following error, see image.

Any idea?
Did you update the phone to stock 7.1.1 before unlocking the bootloader, wiping the phone after flashing TWRP?

R!ffRaff

Oct 21, 2019
good rom with amazing battery life

but please
  • fix notification led (never worked in los17.1)
  • enable random wireless mac address in settings / network & internet / wlan / connected wireless lan / extended / data protection

with the option you get a changing wlan mac address when connecting or you can use the internal mac address for the connected wlan. this is normally built into android / lineage for more security and available on other devices with los17.

thx

• Wow
Reactions: KUSANAGUI

KUSANAGUI

Jul 10, 2019
Lima
HELLO @althafvly THANK YOU FOR GIVING MORE LIFE TO THE LEGENDARY MOTO XPLAY
LOS18.0 2020-11-09
LOG: https://www.mediafire.com/file/cn3iz7b74uaa6xb/LINEAGE18.0-20201109.txt/file

The LOS18 rom has a kernel with linaro version 4.9, the malluOS android 11 rom has the kernel with the version
7.3 from linaro, which makes malluOS the fastest rom, it would be nice if you used malluOS kernel in LOS18.0

BUGS
1.The nfc does not work and it makes the device warm up, I had to uninstall the apk and restart the mxp.

2.The problem with the camera focus is still present.

*** I tried these apps:

Motocamera (app store): Does not work (since it was not designed for android R)
Lineage Camera: HDR mode does not work.
Open Camera: All good.
Footej Camera 2: Panoramic photo mode, shows error.
S20 Camera: All good.

3.live display does not work.

4.I set the screen timeout to 1 minute, and then the screen turns off and turns on by itself several times.

5. I was using the Motorola FM radio app and I recorded a song, but then I couldn't play the audio with the music app (lineage), and I could only
listen to the audio in the gallery app, since I discovered that the audio is saved as if it were a video, it is saved in .3gpp.

6.There are applications that cannot be opened, and only the information of each app is seen.

The link has been actualized

Last edited:

spart_tan

Dec 28, 2020
Hi,
the installation of last uptade 20201227 failed on my device.
So, I re install the previous version 20201220, can you fix that ?

Another request : can someone make the memory card extendable as internal storage ?

Regards

x2k13

Nov 2, 2015
Hi,

Another request : can someone make the memory card extendable as internal storage ?

Regards
@althafvly removed adoptable storage.

@haggertk (one of LOS directors) replied when I mentioned lux disabling adoptable storage in the LOS for klte thread:
Your note about adoptable storage is also something that should not have happened for consistency of experience. And the stance is internally consistent:
- If sdcard -> you have adoptable storage
(...)
But you can enable it again. I posted how to do it earlier in this thread here:

Good luck!

methuselah

• Aug 25, 2011
    Hi,

Regards
    It causes crap lagging issues. If you still need it there are a lot of others ways to do that. For instance link2sd. But it is supported unofficially. The issue with with memory cards is they tend to make device show like hell as time passes. 32gb is sufficient I guess. I had seen devices with even 3 gb ram lagging with Expandable storage.
    On device memory is always best. But for this thing to work you need to root your device and that is not supported by official lineage Os. So you will have to ask in other thread or use Google for issues.

x2k13

Nov 2, 2015
    It causes crap lagging issues. If you still need it there are a lot of others ways to do that. For instance link2sd. But it is supported unofficially. The issue with with memory cards is they tend to make device show like hell as time passes. 32gb is sufficient I guess. I had seen devices with even 3 gb ram lagging with Expandable storage.
    On device memory is always best. But for this thing to work you need to root your device and that is not supported by official lineage Os. So you will have to ask in other thread or use Google for issues.
    Nope, no root needed. Just a fast card. Read my post above yours.

stormrider57

Jul 27, 2018
    strasbourg
    hello, since the 2 last update , i cant boot anymore (infinite bootloop) and then the device goes to recovery.
    with the previous versions the abattery reaches 30% and the telephone turns off even after having recalibrated the telephone several times .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      @althafvly
      LOS18.1 2020-12-25 LUX LINK: https://sourceforge.net/projects/al...age-18.1-20201225-UNOFFICIAL-lux.zip/download
      GAPPS NANO : https://sourceforge.net/projects/al...rm-11.0-nano-20210101-UNOFFICIAL.zip/download
      LOG: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xoajj0yfracqblf/LINEAGE18.1-2020.12.25.txt/file

Thanks again.

MISTAKES:
      -When I INSTALLED TWRP 3.5.0 ON MY PC IT APPEARS THAT I HAVE 2 INTERNAL MEMORY DRIVES AND SOMETIMES I CANNOT VIEW IT, EVEN THOUGH TWRP 3.4.0
      IT WORKS WELL.
      -I HAVE INSTALLED YOUR PACKAGE
      OF THE OPENGAPPS NANO 2021-01-01

I CANNOT ACCESS THE SETTINGS APP.
      2.THE NFC DOESN'T WORK AND MAKES THE CPU HOTTER.
      3.THE LTE NETWORK DOES NOT ACTIVATE UNLESS I MAKE A CALL OR I EXECUTE A USSD CODE.
      4. THE MOBILE DATA IS SOMETIMES DEACTIVATED AND I HAVE TO RE-ACTIVATE THEM BY A CALL OR BY ME EXECUTING A USSD CODE.
      5. I CANNOT ACCESS THE BLUETOOH SETTINGS BY PRESSING THE SHORTCUT.
      6.I PRESSED the start button to activate THE GOOGLE ASSISTANT BUT IT DIDN'T WORK, I HAVE INSTALLED YOUR PACKAGE
      OF THE OPENGAPPS NANO 2021-01-01.

Apps that I used to test the cameras: 1.Focus error is still present (occurs in dark situations)

-org.lineage.snap
      -Motocamera
      -Footej Camera 2

*** org.lineage.snap
      Face detection does not work

*** Motocamera: CANNOT BE RUN.

*** Footej CAMERA
      -when taking a photo in panorama mode, the app shows the following: error when processing the image
      -If I take a photo in hdr mode, the app stops.

@methuselah @jeferson1979 @R!ffRaff @spart_tan @jimi5
      @x2k13 @gourabdroid @stormrider57 @Psychoferno
      @Andrew_Low @Nojevah @jaibar @RyuDragon @cooldude5500 @aleck @Kula_Diamond @teteu86
      @Androvishal @ernimar @TVITZ

Please everyone who loves this moto x play, support by testing this android 11 rom and sending the records so that @althafvly continues to support this team, which resists the passage of time, it seems that it is extraterrestrial technology from area 51.

It would be nice to have official Android 11 from LineageOS on the moto x play, as even the moto x play can run android 11 fluently.

BESIDES THERE ARE NO LONGER SMARTPHONES THAT HAVE ONLY 5.5 INCHES OF SCREEN, THE CURRENT SMARTPHONES ARE 6.6 INCHES AND MORE, AND THEY MAKE MY HAND PAIN.
      IF THEY HAVE EXPIRED BATTERY (THE MXP IS OFF AT 21% OR 50%), YOU CAN BUY ONE ON THE INTERNET, I BUY ONE IN MY COUNTRY, PERU AND THE MXP IS LIKE NEW.

I HAVE A REDMI NOTE 9S BUT I DON'T USE IT SINCE IT MAKES MY HAND AND WRIST PAIN, IT IS VERY BIG.

THANKS ALTHAFVLY!!!!
      Oh friend... I wish I could continue to collaborate. But my Lux died a couple of months ago. :C
      And I currently have is a Galaxy A20.
      I really would like to continue helping with the development of the Lux, it is a very good phone and we have managed to give it a lot of life. But for now it's out of hand to be able to have a Moto X Play again... Sorry :'c
      explain to me what happened to him please. Don't tell me that he died from covid 19 :D XD
      I could even say yes xD.
      The phone shortly after installing the first January 2021 security patch via TWRP ended up in a hard brick. I can't get an explanation because everything was fine, suddenly at some point it turned off on its own and didn't want to turn on anymore.
      Besides that the whole screen was also broken, so... he's dead in the war :C

Press F to pay respect
      I have had trouble installing the ota since the first week of January. Up until then the ota's had been installing without issues. I've tried installing manually many different ways including with the latest twrp, with the los recovery, wiped phone several times, with and without magisk. Nothing seems to be working. It installs the zip files but I get stuck in a boot loop. Has anyone else had any problems with this? I'm running out of ideas.
      install the last stock firmware (7.1.1) and flash recovery, lineage, magisk or gapps again!
      please make a full wipe (format data (button), factory reset and all partitions)
      install the last stock firmware (7.1.1) and flash recovery, lineage, magisk or gapps again!
      please make a full wipe (format data (button), factory reset and all partitions)
      yes, this solved the problem, just reflash stock firmware, and all the rest .
      Hello, on my Moto X play lineage-17.1-20201108-nightly-lux-signed is the last version I'm able to boot. All newer versions reboot to twrp recovery after some minutes. Any ideas? Thanks a lot for your support.
      install last stock rom 7.1.1 before install lineage
      http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Working:
      • Camera (and flashlight)
      • WiFi
      • Battery LED
      • Bluetooth
      • Telephony (Calls and Data)
      • Audio (Record and Playback)
      • Video Playback
      • Sensors
      • GPS
      • VoLTE
      • HW crypto

Broken:
      • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
      Compatible with all Moto X Play variants. (XT1562,XT1563)

Downloads:

Notice:
      • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Format /system, /data and /cache
      • Install LineageOS zip package
      • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)[/STRIKE]

Important notes:
      • * Required * firmware version must be based on Nougat
      • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
      • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
      All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies [lux], ROM for the Moto X Play

Contributors
      althafvly, jeferson1979, thopiekar, Chil360, squid2
      Source Code: https://github.com/MOTO-M8916

ROM OS Version: Android 10
      Based On: Lineage

Version Information

Created 2020-04-10
      Last Updated 2020-06-12
      Changelog available in lineage org site
      New Build

-Updated Sources
      -Fixed Camera issues
      -Fixed Encryption/Decryption
      -Minor other fixes

Using Official twrp is recommended

https://sourceforge.net/projects/althafvly/files/los17/20200527/
      New Build

-Update sources
      -April Security patch
      -Remove Nfc for now (fixes battery drain)
      -Some Camera fixes (Moto camera as default )
      -Minor other fixes

Download link in OP
      @althafvly thank u for the latest build but the problem is for me too:

Download
      lineage-17.1-20200504-UNOFFICIAL-lux.zip

for the Motorola Moto X Play, by althafvly

OOPS!

no mirrors found.

...please upload at mediafire.com

Afh having issues i guess..

https://sourceforge.net/projects/althafvly/files/los17
    Our Apps