[ROM][EOL][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies [lux]

Search This thread

Herr-Eisbaer

Jun 16, 2020
Please, variant of device

I´m back to stock firmware. With this firmware i cant´t get my sim Card working. Back to stock (lucky I made a backup before) and the sim-card logged in and works with lte and phone :)
I don´t know if i made a mistake, but i tried it with reset an a new blank installation of lineage...

You can use any CM14 which works even with a dual SIM lux. Way newer than stock.

Love_bot_23

Jun 19, 2020
Thank you for this build :)
Hello , I did a clean install yesterday , writing here first time ! 1 day full review - was stable , but phone is heating a lot , SOT was 2.5 hrs , LTE Jio India don't work , WiFi calling is not working(do not if it can be fixed ) , any suggestion of heating issue ?! , ui lagging when battery gets low . I have brand new battery (so had no prob in battery backup in old rom system ). Screen of current discharge is -500mA

Last edited:

nightBulb

Sep 27, 2015
Seems to work fine

Guys,

I shifted from moto x plsy years back. Now my daughter uses it for online classes. I want to upgrade to los 17.1, have seen the thread. I don't want to break anything that impedes her classes. Is there any other issue except video recording one?

I followed the instructions on LineageOS wiki.

Did a clean install.

I tried to install it over Unofficial LineageOS 15.1 build (which I was using) :p ,
for whatever reason it didn't boot :confused: ( My guess: I didn't flash updated GApps for 17.1 as well hoping the previous one would work :silly: ), anyhow,

I followed the LineageOS wiki install instructions to the letter ( besides the Unlock bootloader part (obviously..:p) ),

So, I flashed LineageOS recovery + LineageOS 17.1 + OpenGApps mini (ARM for LineageOS 17.1) ( I know, one should use a lighter OpenGApps such as Pico or Nano or Micro but :fingers-crossed: )

So currently all :good::good:

(Except for Video Recording Focus Stability, although it appears to have improved in 17.1 vs LOS 15.1 )

Reactions: jaskiratsingh

Love_bot_23

Jun 19, 2020
Thank you for this build :)
Hello , I did a clean install yesterday , writing here first time ! 1 day full review - was stable , but phone is heating a lot , SOT was 2.5 hrs , LTE Jio India don't work , WiFi calling is not working(do not if it can be fixed ) , any suggestion of heating issue ?! , ui lagging when battery gets low . I have brand new battery (so had no prob in battery backup in old rom system ). Screen of current discharge is -500mA
Hello again, I did clean install again, now screen on time is very good smooth and stable (5+hrs). I have noticed that if I use Google assist there are ui lags and heating up which I have disabled , thank you for this awesome build. :)

]Devilman[

Aug 16, 2013
Hello, I've installed yesterday with full Gapps, everything seems to work as it should.

I only had two issues : Trebuchet was constantly stoping and doing an error after I installed the Gapps, but I installed Lawnchair as launcher, so this is not a problem anymore, I also had trouble to verify my number with Whatsapp, but after a while, it finally work :)

My phone seems smoother than previously under Lineage 14.1, thanks for the good work ! ;)

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
Been using the ROM for two days, everything perfect so far.

So, just got a notification that an update / new build June 21 is available- I have never had a lineage ROM before (maybe had a device running CyanogenMod 4 a few eons ago). Does it support OTA, being official for lux and all that, or it is just bringing problems and better update the old-fashioned way (clean flash etc.)??

Last edited:
Been using the ROM for two days, everything perfect so far.

So, just got a notification that an update / new build June 21 is available- I have never had a lineage ROM before (maybe had a device running CyanogenMod 4 a few eons ago). Does it support OTA, being official for lux and all that, or it is just bringing problems and better update the old-fashioned way (clean flash etc.)??
No need for a clean flash, you can update without problems. Depending on the recovery you're using you can update that as well, the setting for that can be found in the developer settings. Works if you use the LineageOS recovety. If it's TWRP, I can't tell because I didn't try that out.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaibar

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
I am also having the external sd card zero- sized folders mentioned a few pages back, file managers will fail any access to these folders.

From recovery, though, everything is accessible.

Had same behavior on all june builds. Will try to grab log

Last edited:
Same Gboard glitch here. Looks to me like a gboard problem. Haven't noticed the same glitch on screen while scrolling, though.

Well, I've seen that glitch in a lot of apps. Example: Enpass, XDA, Poweramp etc.. Especially in Poweramp, when titles run as marquee because they're too long to fit the screen. It always are grey rectangles in various shapes, sizes and positions on the screen.

I bet it's a rendering issue, not GBoard's fault. Something with the graphics driver doesn't seem to be right at the moment. Maybe @althafvly has an idea how to work on this.

Last edited:
@althafvly and everyone else; I have no idea why, but the camera(-framework(?)) (as such, not App dependant, tried with Stock LOS camera, OpenCamera, Footej, even QR scanners do that) is really unstable.

Sometimes the app is working fine, then after a reboot the x and y axis are swapped and the picture rotated by 90°. Sometimes both front and back camera, sometimes just the back camera. This is very annoying, does anyone have an idea how to fix that?

akks1981

Jul 5, 2017
@althafvly and everyone else; I have no idea why, but the camera(-framework(?)) (as such, not App dependant, tried with Stock LOS camera, OpenCamera, Footej, even QR scanners do that) is really unstable.

Sometimes the app is working fine, then after a reboot the x and y axis are swapped and the picture rotated by 90°. Sometimes both front and back camera, sometimes just the back camera. This is very annoying, does anyone have an idea how to fix that?

I have no such problems. It is best to try a clean install with the latest TWRP and the latest build from today! A clean install is really important! There are always a lot of changes in every build.
I do a clean install every week when a new build comes out. So far I haven't had any problems.

Last edited:
A clean install is really important! There are always a lot of changes in every build.
I do a clean install every week when a new build comes out. So far I haven't had any problems.

Well, okay for you if you don't use your phone as a daily driver. I simply don't have the time to reset my phone every week and start from scratch. I use this phone, so it's no option for me to always start off fresh. I think that importing TWRP backuped data partition won't be any better than just dirtyflash the phone.

As a Linux user, I'm used to be able to just kill and/or restart a service to get it back on track. That would be enough, but I have no Idea what service I would need to restart to get the camera back – without the whole clean install procedure. I already browsed the .apks of the core system, but couldn't find anything related to that what can be reset without root.

akks1981

Jul 5, 2017
Well, okay for you if you don't use your phone as a daily driver. I simply don't have the time to reset my phone every week and start from scratch. I use this phone, so it's no option for me to always start off fresh. I think that importing TWRP backuped data partition won't be any better than just dirtyflash the phone.

As a Linux user, I'm used to be able to just kill and/or restart a service to get it back on track. That would be enough, but I have no Idea what service I would need to restart to get the camera back – without the whole clean install procedure. I already browsed the .apks of the core system, but couldn't find anything related to that what can be reset without root.

I also use my cell phone every day! Everyone has to know for himself what he is doing with his cell phone. For my part, I simply take the time for a clean install and can then use my cell phone without errors. Then I have certainty that my phone works as it should and I can focus on other things in life!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaninoza

Ashutosh003

Apr 12, 2020
Hey guys,
After I came to know that now lineage is official for lux then i downloaded each and everything which is necessary and after setting all the things up...I started flashing by wipping all the data and then in full clean phone accidentally I flashed lineage os recovery image without anything(system) in the device.. now it's showing lineage os official recovery (lineage recovery image 17.1) without os and it can't be detected in pc in recovery niether in fast boot......so guys please tell me what should I do now (after messing all the things) because I don't know how to use this new flashy recovery......:( And device have nothing in it.:(

KUSANAGUI

Jul 10, 2019
Lima
Hey guys,
After I came to know that now lineage is official for lux then i downloaded each and everything which is necessary and after setting all the things up...I started flashing by wipping all the data and then in full clean phone accidentally I flashed lineage os recovery image without anything(system) in the device.. now it's showing lineage os official recovery (lineage recovery image 17.1) without os and it can't be detected in pc in recovery niether in fast boot......so guys please tell me what should I do now (after messing all the things) because I don't know how to use this new flashy recovery......:( And device have nothing in it.:(

try to install the new twrp 3.4.0 and then clean everything.

Reactions: jaibar

Ashutosh003

Apr 12, 2020
Hey guys:)
After flashing the Rom ,Rom works perfectly fine there is not that much heating issue as it used to be in unofficial one and everything works great but there is some problem that mic and speaker is not working In this rom,so can anybody tell me how to fix this no speaker and mic problem :confused: Because mic and speaker isn’t working while using camera too and I tried to record audio but no sound was coming . So please help me to fix this problem.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Battery LED
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE
    • HW crypto

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Moto X Play variants. (XT1562,XT1563)

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)[/STRIKE]

Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on Nougat
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies [lux], ROM for the Moto X Play

Contributors
    althafvly, jeferson1979, thopiekar, Chil360, squid2
    Source Code: https://github.com/MOTO-M8916

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: Lineage

Version Information

Created 2020-04-10
    Last Updated 2020-06-12
    Changelog available in lineage org site
    New Build

-Updated Sources
    -Fixed Camera issues
    -Fixed Encryption/Decryption
    -Minor other fixes

Using Official twrp is recommended

https://sourceforge.net/projects/althafvly/files/los17/20200527/
    New Build

-Update sources
    -April Security patch
    -Remove Nfc for now (fixes battery drain)
    -Some Camera fixes (Moto camera as default )
    -Minor other fixes

Download link in OP