• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies [osprey/merlin]

Search This thread

Gericom2

Apr 6, 2021
A little update on the issues.

It seems I got a freeze once with the AOSP browser now.

Here are a few out-of-context text pieces I gathered from screenshots to get an idea of the text distortion that randomly happens at times.

textdistortion.png

robert1010

Feb 5, 2011
After trying to update from 16.1 to 17.1, my phone got stuck in a Android/Moto Logo -> Lineage Arc Logo to Recovery loop. I've been trying to fix it for the last 10 hour, but no success.

What have I tried:
  • The initial try that got me stuck was installing the nightly built zip via TWRP 3.3.1-0, after creating a full system/data backup and cache wipe.
  • After it got stuck, I did a full restore which worked fine.
  • Installing latest TWRP with twrp-3.5.2_9-0-osprey.img
  • Tried upgrading again, same issue.
  • Found some possible resolutions like flashing Magisk and TWRP and running a command using adb shell "dd if=..."
  • Did a cache and data wipe and installed the update again. Which finally booted, but I was missing all my apps and data. So did a full restore again and back to being stuck at the the Android / Moto boot logo, without getting to the Lineage Arc.

How can I get back to the previous state from my backup or a proper upgrade with keeping my apps and data?

Thanks!

-------
Fixed it by: restore the backup including apps and data -> install 17.1 -> install gapps -> wipe cache -> reboot

Last edited:

beta_serpico

Sep 7, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have this issue with Lineageos 17.1 (build of mid May).
I got a security alert on Nexi Pay app (credit card app). It tells me the system is not compliant with the minimum security requirements.

Do you know I can fix it?

Thanks
Giuseppe

okam1000

Jun 20, 2020
I have updated to the last firmware version and it looks like my SD card cannot be configured as Internal storage. Is this happening to anyone else? Any ideas about how to fix this?

sunny.c2dm

Jul 6, 2015
Hyderabad
Moto G 2015
I just have updated my mobile with OTA after a long time(around 5months). After the update, my mobile network is gone for both sims. I can see that IMEI is also empty. I have lineageos recovery (20210611) installed. How I can make my mobile network work? Please help.

Heertz

Jan 11, 2017
Hey!
I have an 1yo version currently flashed on my dad's phone. I guess I need to wipe everything right? like a fresh install?
Also I can't install some banking apps even without root, is it because the unlocked bootloader? how can i fix that?
Last question, is it safe to daily drive this rom? my dad doesn't care about fancy stuff, maybe there's a better rom for him idk
Thank you for your work guys you are amazing I really appreciate what you do!

edit: sorry I didn't remember correctly. I have lineageOS 14.1 installed. I guess I have to flash like it's a new rom.
edit2: also I don't remember what version of twrp I'm using, should I update my recovery or use lineageOS's recovery instead?
edit3: what does "* Required * firmware version must be based on Marshmallow" mean? oh man that's a lot of edits. I shoulda done a proper research before posting this mess. sorry...

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Hey!
I have an 1yo version currently flashed on my dad's phone. I guess I need to wipe everything right? like a fresh install?
Also I can't install some banking apps even without root, is it because the unlocked bootloader? how can i fix that?
Last question, is it safe to daily drive this rom? my dad doesn't care about fancy stuff, maybe there's a better rom for him idk
Thank you for your work guys you are amazing I really appreciate what you do!

edit: sorry I didn't remember correctly. I have lineageOS 14.1 installed. I guess I have to flash like it's a new rom.
edit2: also I don't remember what version of twrp I'm using, should I update my recovery or use lineageOS's recovery instead?
edit3: what does "* Required * firmware version must be based on Marshmallow" mean? oh man that's a lot of edits. I shoulda done a proper research before posting this mess. sorry...

I can't speak to the current state of the room but might be able to help with a few other things.

As you surmised, the unlocked Bootloader seems to be enough for banking apps and other such apps to reject. Same thing happens to me. You can look into possible methods for obscuring the boot modification in magisk but I don't know if that will work either.

Required firmware typically means that the device must have at one time in the past been natively updated to at least that version in stock. I'm remembering that correctly and the device has never had marshmallow on it you might have to flash stock marshmallow then proceed with LOS. Before going through all that though, poke around to see if you can make the jump from LOS 14 to LOS 17. You might also want to post in SD Shadows General thread for this device.

If you have a 1 GB osprey you might even consider finding a patched version of LOS 14 which will probably run smoother, although I read earlier today that Google is ceasing the material from which those patches come.

Ray Krebs

Dec 13, 2016
If you have a 1 GB osprey you might even consider finding a patched version of LOS 14 which will probably run smoother, although I read earlier today that Google is ceasing the material from which those patches come.

Can you describe more detailed what is necessary for this? I find lineage 17.1 on the Moto G3 with 1GB RAM does not run smoothly.

But my biggest problem is, after the first clean installation of "LINEAGE-17.1-20210514-NIGHTLY-OSPREY-SIGNED" and activated encryption, the current TWRP (TWRP-3.5.2_9-0-OSPREY) can no longer decrypt the partition. Does somebody has any idea.

moojammer

Oct 10, 2019
If anybody is having issues like me, and had not updated since Feb 19, I finally got around to updating. The kicker was to switch from TWRP to Lineage Recovery, which I flashed using fastboot. Then updating to the latest image worked flawlessly.

Hello everyone,

I have this issue with Lineageos 17.1 (build of mid May).
I got a security alert on Nexi Pay app (credit card app). It tells me the system is not compliant with the minimum security requirements.

Do you know I can fix it?

Thanks
Giuseppe
Due to unlocked bootloader & lack of Magisk. Read @IronTechmonkey's post above please.
I have updated to the last firmware version and it looks like my SD card cannot be configured as Internal storage. Is this happening to anyone else? Any ideas about how to fix this?
I guess a factory reset can solve it? If you don't find any other solution to this, better backup all your stuff & do a factory reset.
I just have updated my mobile with OTA after a long time(around 5months). After the update, my mobile network is gone for both sims. I can see that IMEI is also empty. I have lineageos recovery (20210611) installed. How I can make my mobile network work? Please help.
Happens when there are some significant changes in the builds, has happened to me as well, you'll have to clean flash to switch to the newer builds, if not, sadly you'll have to stick to the older version only. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Battery LED
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE
    • HW crypto

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all MotoG3 variants. (XT1540, XT1541, XT1542, XT1543, XT1544, XT1548 and XT1550)
    Compatible with all MotoG3 Turbo variants(XT1556 and XT1557)​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)[/STRIKE]

Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on Marshmallow
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

DONATIONS : Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies [osprey/merlin], ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    althafvly, Chil360, squid2
    Source Code: https://github.com/MOTO-M8916

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: Lineage

Version Information

Created 2019-10-03
    Last Updated 2020-06-12
    Reserved

27-05-2020

-So far everything working

03-10-2019

-Initial Build
    Thanks to @chil360
    NEW BUILD

-Latest LineageOS 17.1 Source Code
    -Based on android-10.0.0_r31
    -March Security Patch

Thanks to @chil360 for many fixes

Check OP for Download
    @althafvly thank you for this. Considering the age of the Moto G 2015, as well as the "newness" of Android 10, this ROM runs extraordinarily smooth. I've been using the Moto stock camera on this ROM via a camera mod made for the Moto E LTE (same chipset as Osprey) with good results. https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e-2015/themes-apps/mod-rom-t3982995
    Yes althaf did a great work this ROM is real smooth but i found out AOSIP 10.0 on https://telegram.dog/iammotog3/759
    You can check it these guys frequently update these channels
    ROM Name : [Alpha] Lineage Os 17.0

Android version : 10.0

Build By : chil360

Security Patch : October 2019

Gapps : Not included.

Bugs : Stable release .. No major bugs

Changelog :
    - Wellbeing fix
    - Disable Codec2 (Youtube fix - Credit to @DanGLES3)
    - Additional ims/telephony commits

Mega Upload Link : https://megaupload.is/Vad8o790n9

∆∆ For those running last week's build, this build should be available as an OTA update through the Lineage Updater in settings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Join & Support - @iammotog3
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk

[