[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 - Xiaomi Mi 8

F_R_I_T_Z

Jan 14, 2008
Phew! I thought I was nuts but you are bananas.
JK.
Okay that saves me the hassle of formatting the internal storage and then giving it a shot
No way to install without bootloop. Global, EU, Chinese, russian/17.1 line age 18/1 lineage. using the latest official twrp, the latest non official twrp, wiping before, formatin before, wiping after, formating after.
Always the same. Bootloop.

Goalach

Nov 11, 2016
No way to install without bootloop. Global, EU, Chinese, russian/17.1 line age 18/1 lineage. using the latest official twrp, the latest non official twrp, wiping before, formatin before, wiping after, formating after.
Always the same. Bootloop.
Yesterday Clean Install 18.1
No problems
I use Orange Fox Recovery

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Just a thought which gapps package are you flashing? Have you tried stock or full nikgapps?
I tried NickGapps, FlameGapps and no Gapps but it always bootloops.
And to further emphasize I am a flash-a-holic and flash everything the internet throws at me. Even GSI's and if you remember the Multi-Rom recovery you built like two years ago, I was rocking that also.
Needless to say I have a lot of experience in this stuff so can't really understand what is going on here.

Goalach

Nov 11, 2016
1 Is your phone encrypted?
2 If not, did you flash DM-Verity zip?
3 Did you flash Magisk?
4 Any idea which Firmware you were coming from?

Trying to get this sucker to boot
Hey
1 I don't know ( didn't format data )
2 No DM-Verity zip
3 Magisk 21.4
4 newest Firmware

Orange Fox R11 beta
First boot without NikGapps and Magisk
NikGapps Basic 11
Magisk 21.4
No problems. Everything is fine for daily use.

I hope I could help.

Reactions: arifqur

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
Well it could be a permissions issue for
I tried NickGapps, FlameGapps and no Gapps but it always bootloops.
And to further emphasize I am a flash-a-holic and flash everything the internet throws at me. Even GSI's and if you remember the Multi-Rom recovery you built like two years ago, I was rocking that also.
Needless to say I have a lot of experience in this stuff so can't really understand what is going on here.
Did you try the full build or stock build of the gapps package?
I believe the problem is to do with the hotword (screen off OK google) package that I included in the last build. I can build without it and see if that fixes things with you. I'll see if I can upload this tomorrow.

I think the stock or full gapps package may include different permissions which allows the phone to boot. I havent tested this though and I also havent clean flashed in a while.

Reactions: 250652 and arifqur

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Well it could be a permissions issue for

Did you try the full build or stock build of the gapps package?
I believe the problem is to do with the hotword (screen off OK google) package that I included in the last build. I can build without it and see if that fixes things with you. I'll see if I can upload this tomorrow.

I think the stock or full gapps package may include different permissions which allows the phone to boot. I havent tested this though and I also havent clean flashed in a while.
Thanks man. You are the best.
BTW can it be something to do with encryption? As I'm not encrypted and the other dude was and he was able to boot it fine

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
This build boots fine without any GAPPS. Now trying with Gapps.
Great job Sir

Edit: Works with Gapps too. Used Flame Gapps Full
So it seems the new hotword .apk i bundled requires extra permissions which you only get when you flash a stock or full version of Gapps. Which is why it works for me as I flash Stock version of Nikgapps.

I'll see if I can fix it in the next build(s)

Echse27

Dec 3, 2009
D-Sindelfingen
I have the same issue (bootloop) with 18.1 build from 20.01.2021 but now testing the one from 28.01...

and......

I flash it via sideload on Orangefox 11.0.5beta...
prozess in progress....

It works...! Thank's

Echse27

Dec 3, 2009
D-Sindelfingen
Can somebody tell what is a good replacement for the camera? Because the standard LOS Camera isn't the best choice for this hardware.
I don't use Google and the PlayStore, so only apps without Google are welcome.

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Can somebody tell what is a good replacement for the camera? Because the standard LOS Camera isn't the best choice for this hardware.
I don't use Google and the PlayStore, so only apps without Google are welcome.
PixelCam Plus / Dise from Jairo Rossi (pixelcambrasil.com.br).

Reactions: Echse27