[Discontinued][ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

F_R_I_T_Z

Jan 14, 2008
Phew! I thought I was nuts but you are bananas.
JK.
Okay that saves me the hassle of formatting the internal storage and then giving it a shot
No way to install without bootloop. Global, EU, Chinese, russian/17.1 line age 18/1 lineage. using the latest official twrp, the latest non official twrp, wiping before, formatin before, wiping after, formating after.
Always the same. Bootloop.

Goalach

Nov 11, 2016
No way to install without bootloop. Global, EU, Chinese, russian/17.1 line age 18/1 lineage. using the latest official twrp, the latest non official twrp, wiping before, formatin before, wiping after, formating after.
Always the same. Bootloop.

Yesterday Clean Install 18.1
No problems
I use Orange Fox Recovery

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Just a thought which gapps package are you flashing? Have you tried stock or full nikgapps?
I tried NickGapps, FlameGapps and no Gapps but it always bootloops.
And to further emphasize I am a flash-a-holic and flash everything the internet throws at me. Even GSI's and if you remember the Multi-Rom recovery you built like two years ago, I was rocking that also.
Needless to say I have a lot of experience in this stuff so can't really understand what is going on here.

Goalach

Nov 11, 2016
1 Is your phone encrypted?
2 If not, did you flash DM-Verity zip?
3 Did you flash Magisk?
4 Any idea which Firmware you were coming from?

Trying to get this sucker to boot

Hey
1 I don't know ( didn't format data )
2 No DM-Verity zip
3 Magisk 21.4
4 newest Firmware

Orange Fox R11 beta
First boot without NikGapps and Magisk
NikGapps Basic 11
Magisk 21.4
No problems. Everything is fine for daily use.

I hope I could help.

Reactions: arifqur

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
Well it could be a permissions issue for
I tried NickGapps, FlameGapps and no Gapps but it always bootloops.
And to further emphasize I am a flash-a-holic and flash everything the internet throws at me. Even GSI's and if you remember the Multi-Rom recovery you built like two years ago, I was rocking that also.
Needless to say I have a lot of experience in this stuff so can't really understand what is going on here.
Did you try the full build or stock build of the gapps package?
I believe the problem is to do with the hotword (screen off OK google) package that I included in the last build. I can build without it and see if that fixes things with you. I'll see if I can upload this tomorrow.

I think the stock or full gapps package may include different permissions which allows the phone to boot. I havent tested this though and I also havent clean flashed in a while.

Reactions: 250652 and arifqur

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Well it could be a permissions issue for

Did you try the full build or stock build of the gapps package?
I believe the problem is to do with the hotword (screen off OK google) package that I included in the last build. I can build without it and see if that fixes things with you. I'll see if I can upload this tomorrow.

I think the stock or full gapps package may include different permissions which allows the phone to boot. I havent tested this though and I also havent clean flashed in a while.
Thanks man. You are the best.
BTW can it be something to do with encryption? As I'm not encrypted and the other dude was and he was able to boot it fine

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
This build boots fine without any GAPPS. Now trying with Gapps.
Great job Sir

Edit: Works with Gapps too. Used Flame Gapps Full
So it seems the new hotword .apk i bundled requires extra permissions which you only get when you flash a stock or full version of Gapps. Which is why it works for me as I flash Stock version of Nikgapps.

I'll see if I can fix it in the next build(s)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.
    Downloads:
    Official download links: https://download.lineageos.org/dipper

Lineage 18.1 Kernels:
    15/06/2021

Lineage 18.1 Unofficial builds:

Build 15/06/2021

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
    No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install MIUI firmware
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice

Important notes:
    * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    so the newest build 04/11/2019 uses Xiaomi Q blobs.
    Therefore it has some bugs:
    I havent got bluetooth audio working yet. Bluetooth calls seem to work fine though.
    Sound: Speaker works if you make a phone call first and switch to speaker during the call. After that everything else starts working.
    Edit: fixed. - GPS all satellites should show up now.
    Android Auto fixes probably havent been added yet to lineage but when anything shows up I'll add it.

The reason this build took so long to be released is that Q radio blobs kept causing a reboot when data was used and switched to low power mode. I believe I have fixed this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bhurP2zIyZf93jJzSN1IBbiMBhmbSd_h

Edit: Uploaded the correct build now. Also added in gps fix
    Also fyi I'd hoped to have anther build up by now but since lineage has changed to 17.1 branches instead of 17.0 my build system is a bit of a mess. Waiting for all the repos to be updated to 17.1 before releasing anything. Hopefully it wont be too long...
    18/12/2019 finally a working q build with q blobs and working audio.
    havent tested it a lot so any bugs let me know. There will be a v2 of the audio fix/change. This fix was just to make it work. :)
    new build in OP.
    For android auto users unless I say otherwise I have not fixed your problem yet. :|