[ROM] LineageOS 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

eric93se

Oct 23, 2013
Issac Zachary, you will also need to update recovery before flashing the rom.

Hartsylr, thanks for the warning I'm charging the phone and was about to flash. :D

Reactions: IssacZachary

Vincent_b

Nov 29, 2017
Hello

Using lineage-17.1-20200320-recovery-d855.img , works great!

- Only bugs so far, "Actions Services" coming from gapps package is crashing when trying to copy some text, so I had to disable it.
- I'm using the email client app "Spike" (I like it a lot ^-^), when I try to add a Gmail account, when it shows the authorization with all the actions the app will be able to do, when I accept, it does something for a little while, and shows back the authorization panel to add the account, so it doesn't finish the configuration.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Reactions: IssacZachary

rahimali

remove/hide/disable battery icon

D852, LineageOS 15.1 last official build (I'm not yet ready to upgrade to 16.x or 17.x).

How do I remove the battery icon? I've already enabled text percentage for battery status as that is what I like to see and the battery icon is redundant and only taking up space. I can't find the setting to remove the icon. Is there any such setting?

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3
D852, LineageOS 15.1 last official build (I'm not yet ready to upgrade to 16.x or 17.x).

How do I remove the battery icon? I've already enabled text percentage for battery status as that is what I like to see and the battery icon is redundant and only taking up space. I can't find the setting to remove the icon. Is there any such setting?

System UI Tuner, but I don't remember if it's present in 15.1.

Reactions: rahimali

NatSki

Aug 22, 2014
Is anyone experiencing like a slightly heating when the phone is idle? I notice every AOSP/Lineage etc roms i try theres a slightly heating i dont use any custom kernel or anything all stock. Any ways to fix this?

bembelembe

Jul 23, 2010
try going to default apps and setting default phone app to "dialer" see if it helps, thats an old way for an old issue, might still be the solution

Thanks. I managed to change it to Google Launcher, but at the end I installed stock Rom (3.2) and waiting for new build to be released here.
Elsewhere I found out that one should not install anything else than OpenGApps nano and pico because other builds contain Google launcher that is clashing with Trebuchet launcher.

eric93se

Oct 23, 2013
Is anyone experiencing like a slightly heating when the phone is idle? I notice every AOSP/Lineage etc roms i try theres a slightly heating i dont use any custom kernel or anything all stock. Any ways to fix this?

The cpu is clocked very high. Install xtd kernel auditor and set the cpu to 1.7gHz.

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
Thanks. I managed to change it to Google Launcher, but at the end I installed stock Rom (3.2) and waiting for new build to be released here.
Elsewhere I found out that one should not install anything else than OpenGApps nano and pico because other builds contain Google launcher that is clashing with Trebuchet launcher.

you can use aroma gapps package and select what you want to be installed. try it out its the best way of having what you need, because stuff installed from recovery go to /system partition, therefore you will have more data left for whatever else you need later on...why let the whole system partition be almost empty. note that gapps for los17.1 and other anodroid 10 based roms are only available in micro nano and pico, sth like that

bembelembe

Jul 23, 2010
you can use aroma gapps package and select what you want to be installed. try it out its the best way of having what you need, because stuff installed from recovery go to /system partition, therefore you will have more data left for whatever else you need later on...why let the whole system partition be almost empty. note that gapps for los17.1 and other anodroid 10 based roms are only available in micro nano and pico, sth like that

Yes, I know. If one should avoid launcher issues with 17.1, packages like Nano and Pico ought to be installed. Micro is also available but it contains Google launcher.. and unfortunately Aroma variant is not available.

eric93se

Oct 23, 2013
Do i need to install the XTD kernel or just the kernel auditor?

Just the auditor, give it root permission, go to the cpu category and lower max cpu. Don't forget to tic the check box at the top right to apply on boot.

So there's a new 17.1 build 4/1 but we should wait to hear from hardstyl3r.

dfunct

Sep 2, 2019
Updating recovery

Issac Zachary, you will also need to update recovery before flashing the rom.

@eric93se Is this really required? I'm pretty sure I haven't done it updating from 15 to 16. I have only installed the LineageOS zip file via adb sideload.

Assuming that the recovery image we are talking about is TWRP and updating it before flashing 17.1 on top of 16 is actually required, what is the best way of doing it? dd command on a shell? or is there an auto-updater in the installed TWRP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    V1KTmBM.png

jdJNQEy.png

LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

sFC1ljz.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

F2KbTDc.png

If you encounter any issues with sensors or anything related to hardware, please flash stock rom and then a custom one.
    Check the G3 issue tracker and LineageOS issue tracker before installation.
    Clean flash is recommended, here's the procedure:
    • wipe Dalvik cache, /system, /data and /cache.
    • flash latest ROM zip
    • optional: flash Open GApps ARM

ROM supports update through OTA which is completely fine.

Nh9aiVb.png

If you want to contact me, head for my telegram.
    I also really recommend joining telegram: G3 development channel for more info about my projects!
    The thread is designed by me, please don't copy it.

TK3TVvO.png

Download LineageOS 17.1
    Recommended TWRP
    Open GApps
    Rooting your phone by Linus Tech Tips
    Recommended Stock ROM by @MESA
    Root: Magisk
    3__HacerPermisivo.zip - use this to switch your kernel selinux to permissive
    bootimage_adb_unsecure by @AdrianDC - for debugging
    Mr_Bump.zip by @dadi11 - flash this when you occur Secure booting error (boot certification verify)
    custom kernel: LineageXTD by @ppajdek (discontinued, issues may occur)

vZ0MC2p.png

If you want to report an issue, please use the issue tracker providing your variant and the most information you can, e.g. full logcat, installed addons.

Onx1GCn.png

@dadi11
    @ppajdek
    @walter79
    @Artx
    @firebird11
    @aleasto

DPxaQu8.png

github.com/LineageOS
    github.com/itsHardStyl3r
    gitlab.com/HardStyl3r
    device and kernel sources
    local_manifests
    Important: information about open sources from HardStyl3r

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    HardStyl3r
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2017-10-15
    Last Updated 2020-07-17
    sZtGfmf.png

17.1, 11.04.2020
    u434BM7.png

Code:
     * April 2020 Android Security Bulletin: r33
     * Space on /data is not reserved twice anymore (and tune2fs is not appearing in LineageOS recovery)
     * Fixed Widevine L3
     * Enabled codec2
    the rest of the changes are available on LineageOS' changelog

17.1, 21.03.2020 (17.1, 17.03.2020)
    u434BM7.png

Code:
     * February 2020 Android Security Bulletin: r27
     * March 2020 Android Security Bulletin: r31
     * New offline charger: fixed sepolicies and updated the implementation
     * Added support for Lineage Recovery
     * Small tinkering to sepolicies
     * Update sdFAT to 2.3.0
     * Add back media swcodec
     * Preparing for official 17.1-ship, but ls990 most probably won't ship
     * Added fastbootd (supported in LineageOS Recovery)
     * Commonized GPS configuration, thanks to YoDevil, it's now more up to date
     * Improved migration from Stock ROMs

17.1, 02.02.2020
    u434BM7.png

Code:
     * Stable builds released, bugs may occur
       and should be reported in issue tracker
    d855 build is ready!
    fixes: sensors, LineageOS settings and brightness slider!
    I added flipflap for LG SmartCircle users!

it's finally stable! after losing my data, sdcard and a lot of sleep we made it!
    Early beta builds of LineageOS Android Pie have been released.
    Please update your TWRP before flashing. Only d855 build has been tested.
    Android Pie must not be used as any form of driver on your phone before we leave early beta stage.
    You have been warned and you'll be informed when it's suitable for any further usage.

Changelog is available. We're keeping everything in the same thread.
    doing new builds today, gonna release probably tomorrow or in the evening if all of them pass tests :)