[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 [beckham][weeklies]

Search This thread

guckuck

Jan 1, 2017
Hi,

I just installed the latest version 18.1-20211215 on my 1929-8. So far, everything seams to work.

I also installed MindTheGapps (11.0.0-arm64-20210920_084011). I could not install OpenGApps (ARM64, 11.0, nano). I told my: The package is for 11.0 and I need one for 9.0. I don't know why. Maybe I need another bootloader? I only installed the recovery version from LineageOS as descriped here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/beckham/install

So, the problem is, that there is no Google Play Store installed. Is the only way to use a store like F-Droid?

Should I test something on the 1929-8?

Best regards and thanks for the help
Kay

guckuck

Jan 1, 2017
So, after trying it again, I could install OpenGapps. I use the same file. But, there are still no google apps visible. :-(

Before, I tried to install trwp, without success ((bootloader) Invalid partition name recovery)

Edit: So, all good things are three, I tried it the 3rd time with MindTheGapp, now the Google Apps are there. :)

Last edited:

giobbe71

Mar 1, 2018
hi guys, i've just installed the rom but mobile data doesn't work... i usually have 4G in the preferred network type, but in this rom is not present, I tried all network type present in selection but none of them works
my operator is vodafone italy

any ideas? thanks

pietrotti97

Jun 23, 2019
hi guys, i've just installed the rom but mobile data doesn't work... i usually have 4G in the preferred network type, but in this rom is not present, I tried all network type present in selection but none of them works
my operator is vodafone italy

any ideas? thanks
This issue happened to me 2 or 3 times. You just need to reflash stock rom (for what I know, for unknown reasons the modem partition just corrupts from time to time while flashing custom roms).
Follow this THIS guide to restore the phone and check if it's working normally after. Then just reflash whatever custom rom you like and you're good to go
HERE you can find all the Z3Play stock firmware, just download the one you had stock ( for my z3play it was RETEU )

Last edited:

StefTT

Feb 27, 2022
Moto Z3 Play
gday need some help just flashed this custom rom and i'm not get wifi or mobile service flash other roms same problem HELP PLEASE ANYONE!!!!
followed guids step by step still no WIFI or MOBILE SERVICE

StefTT

Feb 27, 2022
Moto Z3 Play
Hey guys is this thread dead what up or u guys hard at work? If so keep the great work guys, I'm running the latest version of this Rom it's smooth and snappy???

Tarmen

Sep 2, 2012
First of all: Thank you for providing continuing updates to the 18.1 LineageOS for the beckham platform.
I' m running into three issues:

1- Bluetooth devices are invisible within apps, even though Bluetooth is on and the same device *can* be found and paired within the Android system menu.
2- The image preview within any camera app I have tried will stay as background image for the device screen until the device has been rebooted. This behaviour seems independent of launcher used (tested under Trebuchet and OpenLauncher)
3- The digital clock widget frequently disappears (tested under Trebuchet and OpenLauncher).
Long-touching the surface where the clock used to be, makes it appear again. Note that the Analog clock does not suffer from this same issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P6tVwPF.jpg

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:
    • This is the Official LineageOS 18.1 thread for the Moto Z3 Play, codename beckham.

Information:

Downloads:

Bugs

Notes

Other

Contributors
    @Jleeblanch, @erfanoabdi
    LineageOS Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android Pie (9.0) Stock Firmware