P6tVwPF.jpg

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:
  • This is the Official LineageOS 18.1 thread for the Moto G6 Plus, codename evert.

Information:

Downloads:

Bugs:

Notes

Other

Contributors
@Jleeblanch, @erfanoabdi
LineageOS Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Android Pie (9.0) Stock Firmware

Last edited:

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
Last edited:

Merkwuerdig

May 24, 2021
How do you install this UNOFFICIAL build? Because I tried sideloading it over the existing installation and it screwed it up.

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
How do you install this UNOFFICIAL build? Because I tried sideloading it over the existing installation and it screwed it up.
Oof, this is because official builds are signed with different keys. A clean flash is needed to switch builds. However, there is a migration script on the LineageOS Wiki that may help you with keeping /data. I haven't personally tried it as I always clean flash.

Merkwuerdig

May 24, 2021
I would love to try but after my first failed attempt and troublesome recovery, i.d. start from scratch, I cannot afford to lose access to my banking apps and 2FA...

Using the LineageOS updater would allow an easier recovery by just reinstalling the previous version.

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
I would love to try but after my first failed attempt and troublesome recovery, i.d. start from scratch, I cannot afford to lose access to my banking apps and 2FA...

Using the LineageOS updater would allow an easier recovery by just reinstalling the previous version.
I get it. Unfortunately it's not that simple when switching between official -> unofficial/unofficial -> official builds.

I've gotten some feedback from users on Telegram, so we'll see. One users said it works for them, another said it only works for them on sim slot 2. So waiting for more feedback before I commit these changes officially.

Reactions: harry_evert

whirlwinders

Apr 8, 2021
Hey guys I tested the unofficial build and the VOLTE is working. At least with my carrier - Telenor BG. I had it working from the first try - just clean flashed the unofficial build and the VOLTE call went through. Maybe you guys can let us know when we can test the official image with the fix that is included from the unofficial build :) Thanks

Merkwuerdig

May 24, 2021
I'm wondering: I flashed the build from today via the updater and was very pleased when I saw that VoLTE was actually working. SIM slot 1, Vodafone Germany.

And now you say the actual change is not in this build? Then i wonder why it is working. Could it be the involuntary clean flash? Because I originally updated my 17.1 build to the 18.1 one.

PS: I also have the option to turn on/off VoLTE. It wasn't there before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210817-171435_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20210817-171435_Einstellungen.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

the_15th

Sep 4, 2020
Hello, would it be possible to install LineageOS using another recovery (I have Pixel Experience recovery), or it is necessary to use the LineageOS recovery?

Thanks.

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
Hello, would it be possible to install LineageOS using another recovery (I have Pixel Experience recovery), or it is necessary to use the LineageOS recovery?

Thanks.
Assuming PE recovery allows you to sideload or flash a zip, you should be fine to use PE recovery. Lineage Recovery will replace it once booted. The recovery.img is there as an option so that there is a way to flash LineageOS without the need of being dependent on another recovery option.

the_15th

Sep 4, 2020
Thanks alot.
I will install the LineageOS as soon as an Android 12 image will be available.

StrikeGamer

Mar 6, 2016
Invalid zip file format!
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/lineage.zip'

Help please, I just want this device to work again, currently without OS

StrikeGamer

Mar 6, 2016
When are you seeing that error? Did you follow the wiki instructions exactly as posted?
I started following that, but still get this

Also, how do I "Sideload the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip package: "? it has instructions "On the device" but mine has no OS currently

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 63

weazie

Sep 2, 2011
Tampere
Hi!

If I clean flash this (from the OP, not the test build), will I be able to use the updater safely on subsesquent builds until a version change?

vishnuastp

Jul 7, 2021

P6tVwPF.jpg

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:
  • This is the Official LineageOS 18.1 thread for the Moto G6 Plus, codename evert.

Information:

Downloads:

Bugs:

Notes

Other

Contributors
@Jleeblanch, @erfanoabdi
LineageOS Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Android Pie (9.0) Stock Firmware
@Jleeblanch VOLTE Working for Jio?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will post some test builds in coming days in hopes to fix VoLTE 😅
    Hey guys I tested the unofficial build and the VOLTE is working. At least with my carrier - Telenor BG. I had it working from the first try - just clean flashed the unofficial build and the VOLTE call went through. Maybe you guys can let us know when we can test the official image with the fix that is included from the unofficial build :) Thanks

I get it. Unfortunately it's not that simple when switching between official -> unofficial/unofficial -> official builds.

I've gotten some feedback from users on Telegram, so we'll see. One users said it works for them, another said it only works for them on sim slot 2. So waiting for more feedback before I commit these changes officially.
    Changes for VoLTE will be in the next official build. I apparently wasn't fast enough to get them in today's build 😅
    Hi,

I have a Long time since flashing an update. So I'd like to be sure: Is it required to first fall back to Android Pie (9.0) Stock Firmware? I'm currently on Lineage 17.1.
    You should be fine to update to 18.1. But, being that we are pretty far into LineageOS 18.1 builds, if you experience any unexpected issues like no mobile data for example, you can flash the important bits from the stock firmware using fastboot like bluetooth (BTFM.bin), dsp (dspso.bin), fsg (fsg.mbn), and modem (NON-HLOS.bin). Those firmware items (besides bootloader and gpt.bin) aren't wiped or overwritten like system, vendor, boot partitions are when flashing/updating custom ROM(s).