[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for castor/castor_windy

Search This thread
2okPze5.png

Introduction
LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
Individuality

Customization is paramount to productivity.
That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
Security
Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
Longevity
LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.
Installation:
If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
Install LineageOS on castor.

Downloads
castor: Download LineageOS 18.1 for Xperia Tablet Z2 LTE
castor_windy: Download LineageOS 18.1 for Xperia Tablet Z2 Wifi

Recommended Google Apps package: Open GApps (Choose the pico package)

Source code
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

The device specific source code can be found in the LineageOS Github repo.
Tablet Z2 LTE device tree
Tablet Z2 Wi-Fi device tree
Sony Shinano common device tree
Sony MSM8974 common device tree
Sony MSM8974 kernel

Changelog:
Changes for castor
Changes for castor_windy

Bug reports:
Please submit bugs and other errors in this thread
How to submit a bug report

Donate to support development:
Donate via PayPal to vware
Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Contributors
Georg Veichtlbauer
NeoArian (Common)
ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
Stable

Created 2021-04-13
Last Updated 2022-09-23

Last edited:

Azrael6947

Nov 17, 2014
I am unable to boot this ROM on castor_windy. ROM will flash fine but I get the red LED flashing when I try to boot.

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
I upgraded to 18.1 from Lineage 17.1 after formatting in TWRP and flashing the recommended rom and gapps. Has anyone tried to root? Magisk 20.4 (which to my understanding is the only compatible root with Z2 stuff now) refused to flash in TWRP, so I then tried the latest magisk. Now I am stuck in a bootloop of the Sony Boot screen. I've attempted to reflash TWRP 3.4 and although it flashes successfully, the sony bootloop remains. Maybe time for a factory reset. Its been so long i don't even know where those recovery images are anymore.

EDIT: I forgot to thank @qsnc for support on this. Pretty unbelievable that this tablet is still kicking. Much appreciated.

EDIT2: Flashing the stock boot image from the rom has me booting again. Would still like some input on root possibilities from anyone out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: melchitherabbit

chhus

Apr 18, 2021
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet

schnuff*1

Jan 29, 2013
Installation is possible, coming from AICP 15.0. I've done all wipes, but after restart only a blinking red led comes up.
Whats the problem? To have a working system back i flashed the boot.img from 15.0 and the recovery from twrp. Than I restored my backup....

Jo_alfa

Dec 6, 2020
Good evening, I tried the rom is very nice and fast, despite having performed the whole procedure I can't get root permissions.
I have flash magisk 21.4 does all the installation without errors in the reboot I do not have root permissions. Hope it can fix this bug. Thanks I apologize for the bad English.

chhus

Apr 18, 2021
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
Good evening, I tried the rom is very nice and fast, despite having performed the whole procedure I can't get root permissions.
I have flash magisk 21.4 does all the installation without errors in the reboot I do not have root permissions. Hope it can fix this bug. Thanks I apologize for the bad English.
Hi, the standard package of Magisk will not work. Check the GitHub link in Post #7, you will find a modified Magisk 22.1 package for Sony devices there.

Reactions: bacon612

Jo_alfa

Dec 6, 2020
Thanks for the advice. Reading everything no one speaks for xperia tablet castor_windy Lineage 18.1. I did some tests but with negative results. I also tried to rename magisk 22.1 in zip then flash with twrp 3.4.0 sc1 does all the installation without errors in restarting the tablet is as before without root precautions. It's a good fast rom and I wouldn't want to go back to 17.1 How can I solve? Thank you

Jo_alfa

Dec 6, 2020
Thanks qsnc this evening I will try it and I will keep you informed if everything went well. Thank you

JP_TouchDiamond

Apr 5, 2009
Hamburg
Hi qsnc, I have just flashed the new ROM on my "windy" device and everything works fine. I am typing from a bluetooth keiyboard and I am using a bluetooth mouse. No issues with the installation. I will further test the image during the week.

Reactions: melchitherabbit

covester

Apr 27, 2021
Windy user here! On this build and the previous one, NFC and Android Beam are constantly and repeatedly switching on and off. Otherwise, I haven't noticed or experienced any other issues. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts