• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

Linux4

1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
Telegram group

Contributors
Linux4
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820

Last edited:

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
To update the device (from your previous unofficial ROM) - are that the same steps as described here?

----

Some note about OTA update of this ROM. This is fairly easy (only italic steps below).
But I am using Magisk/microg - with that some additional steps are required - all is listed below. Don't be afraid, it is done in less than 5 minutes.

* Make sure your firewall allows the "Updater"
* If you uses Magisk, download the apk and rename it to zip and put it to SDcard (otherwise a PC is needed for sideload - see below)
* Go to Settings/System/Extended/Updater
* Search for update and download

* I recommend disable data traffic now until the FW-update is completed and microG/firewall is operational again, otherwise your system might be open for some time.
* start update

Device will boot into recovery and does the upgrade. It seems that the update is not completely finished in case of Magisk is installed. In this case force a restart by "Vol- + Power" for a few seconds if update hangs at around 95% (can bee roughly seen in the timeline)

* After update has finished: boot again to recovery
* Now Either
a) just do the update with already downloaded Magisk.zip (Apply Update/Update from SD_card) or
b) Enable ADB sideload by Apply Update/Apply from ADB and do an adb sideload from PC of Magisk.apk or zip (no matter here)
* boot into system
* in case of microG check (and give if required) microG give all the required permissions
* If all is set and done you can enable data connection again

On thing I was thinking about:
There are is one module needed for spoofing (spoof_AVDapi30). I found that an update of it is not required. Not sure whether this will be the case for other updates of 18.1 too, but keep an eye on it.

Reactions: JanJabko and Linux4

J4son82

Jun 2, 2021
MUC
my safetynet fails, is there any way to make it pass? s10 exynos

First you need to install magisk and then:

1) Enable settings MagiskHide
2) install MagiskHide Props Config(Magisk module)
3) Open the terminal
4) su
5) Type "props"
6) Edit 1 fingerprint of the device
7) Choose a certified fingerprint
8) 21 Oneplus
9) Find an Android 11 device (OnePlus 8T global 44)
10) Follow the instructions
11) Restart
12) Clear Google Play Store Data
13) Check SafetyNet (should pass)
14) Open MagiskHide (Magisk -> Tap on the Shield symbol)
15) Check all apps that do not require root privileges

KiddoIce

Mar 26, 2013

3) Open the terminal
4) su
5) Type "props"
8) 21 Oneplus
11) Restart
thanks man ill give this a shot

edit;; can confirm that this is working. thanks alot man!

linux4, its a great looking rom btw thanks for the hard work. During the first time i ran recovery, i saw there was an option to run an update through internal storage. but the second time i went to recovery it was gone. Does the update through internal storage work? and why did it disappear when i entered recovery for the second time.

Last edited:

FUNKYBAT

Aug 7, 2021
Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
Hello
What exactly is working and what does not work or do not act at highest quality? Can the camera be performed on maximum quality? I bought this cell phone (S10e) a short time ago, I'm waiting to arrive. The installation of the LineageOS can break his system? Well, as is my first Custom Room, I have some doubts.

Linux4

thanks man ill give this a shot

edit;; can confirm that this is working. thanks alot man!

linux4, its a great looking rom btw thanks for the hard work. During the first time i ran recovery, i saw there was an option to run an update through internal storage. but the second time i went to recovery it was gone. Does the update through internal storage work? and why did it disappear when i entered recovery for the second time.

/data is encrypted so no there's no way to install something from internal storage, either update via sideload, from external sdcard or OTG (If you're just talking about OS update you'll get them via OTA anyways, so what I said only applies to e.g magisk)

Reactions: FUNKYBAT

kugel.

Jul 11, 2010
Works great so far. Seems I can even use bankings apps, after unrooting again. I initially rooted to restore backups using TitaniumBackup but then removed magisk using the internal uninstaller (checked "remove completely"). DKB, comdirekt and TK work so far.

EDIT: hotspot works on s10e

Last edited:
Reactions: DerSteppo

kubis111

Oct 2, 2016
Hi, is there a camera app in this rom that works wide, ultrawide, slowmo and portrait mode("all in one")? And a remap of the bixby button is possible? THX

Top Liked Posts

Anyone else having issues with 4G/LTE connectivity and not recognizing external sdcard? Doesn't seem to be any mention of it in this thread. I have tried resetting the network settings and tried going into recovery to format cache. Unless someone here has any other ideas, I'll be reinstalling stock OS and see if the issue persists. I haven't ruled out a hardware fault neither as the S10e I'm using was recently purchased in used condition. I should have tested it for a day or two before installing LineageOS. 😐

No problems with 4G/LTE here...and I have an external SD card for my music, so this works too
    First of all, I appreciate your work a lot. I've been waiting quite a long time for an official lineageos build for the s10, and you nailed it, you're even fixing the few bugs remained.
    Anyway, why are you saying TWRP would brick a device? I followed your suggestions of installing lineageos recovery and it works great, but I had TWRP in my previous device for about 2 years and I never had a problem

Hi Linux4,
    Just a bit curious about you thoughts on TWRP. Indeed, it has been around for a while, has many features and is very popular, and your statement looked quite strong for me, but probably for good reasons. Is it simply not adapted to your ROM, or is it not adapted to the s10 phones, or has it gone bad generally? I am still using TWRP for all the added features that the Lineage recovery doesn't have, but will switch based on your advice.
    TWRP is way too bloated for a recovery IMO - it's more likely to break something than help you nowadays
    Especially that it's heavily touching /data isn't good on devices with FBE, like on this ROM, TWRP randomly messes up FBE policy (especially on OTAs it seems) rendering the device unbootable without wiping (which is why OP says using TWRP = data loss) which is what I referred to with (soft)"brick"
    Not to talk about that crap not even properly formatting data on standard "factory reset" which makes it not boot on this ROM.
    Also applies to other devices using FBE encryption including Tab S6 Lite and S20 series.
    Older devices that use legacy FDE instead don't seem to have similar issues afaik.

PS: TWRP looses most of it's "features" with encrypted userdata.
    Question, how do we backup the rom if we cant use TWRP?

There are a couple of ways to make complete image backups of the phone. The simplest is to use adb.

On my phone the following files are the actual partitions:

a) /dev/block/sda25 - system
    b) /dev/block/sda31 - userdata

First check your phone to see where your partitions are mapped. i.e.:

Navigate to: /dev/block/platform

Open each folder in the platform folder till you find a folder named "by-name" (There may be only one folder)

On my phone it's "13d60000.ufs". Thus I issue this command from a terminal or adb shell:

ls -al /dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name

This will give you list of all the partitions and the files they are mapped to. (make sure you use those mappings not mine)

Thus, to backup my phone:
    a) Boot into recovery
    b) enable adb
    c) I run these commands:

adb pull -z any /dev/block/sda25 system.img
    adb pull -z any /dev/block/sda31 userdata.img

This creates two image files on my computer (system.img & userdata.img)

To restore:
    a) Boot into recovery
    b) enable adb
    c) I run these commands:

adb push -z any system.img /dev/block/sda25
    adb push -z any userdata.img /dev/block/sda31

Note: The userdata image backup contains the data on your sdcard (internal storage). So restoring that will delete (overwrite) all your data too. (copy that separately)

p.s. Make sure you check the partition mapping on your phone or it could be disastrous.
    p.p.s You can obviously backup any of the other partitions too (e.g. recovery, boot, etc.).
    After using this ROM for a while I have noticed two major issues:

1. In ear speaker is at least 3-4db too low, it is hard to hear other person while calling.

2. Proximity sensor is not working correctly. When I pick up call most of times my screen stays on. As this phone have 8cm range sensor it should work fine.

Otherwise port is great, thx for spent time on it. Touchscreen feels too responsive and not that precise if we compare OneUI whit LOS, but its not that bad and expected.
    In changelog (https://lineage.linux4.de/changes/beyond0lte.html) I found that point:
    * Enabled dolby audio effect

Is this for (license?) reason not part of offical LOS? I can't find that point in settings.
    Can this be added somehow?

It is enabled by default and there are no settings for it.
    Should get slightly improved audio quality and a bit more volume from that, in case you don't make sure you don't have any other audio mods active.
    So I am the only one to be so happy with the work done with GPS part on this ROM?
    I have just installed the last Android 11 ROM and followed the instructions on OP to have this LOS ROM running so good.
    I repeat: NO Gapps at all (since maybe 5 years) and GPS fix is done every time under 20 sec., no more.
    I'm using FOSS apps only: Osmand+, Organic Maps,...
    Really lucky, don't change nothing.
    Nice man

For me MicroG official is running sexy af
    I almost get turned on at how well it is running :D

I found apps that worked for the purpose I needed that wouldn't give rooting alerts

Phonegasm baby, yeah :)

thanks to @Linux4
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820
    First of all, I appreciate your work a lot. I've been waiting quite a long time for an official lineageos build for the s10, and you nailed it, you're even fixing the few bugs remained.
    Anyway, why are you saying TWRP would brick a device? I followed your suggestions of installing lineageos recovery and it works great, but I had TWRP in my previous device for about 2 years and I never had a problem

Hi Linux4,
    Just a bit curious about you thoughts on TWRP. Indeed, it has been around for a while, has many features and is very popular, and your statement looked quite strong for me, but probably for good reasons. Is it simply not adapted to your ROM, or is it not adapted to the s10 phones, or has it gone bad generally? I am still using TWRP for all the added features that the Lineage recovery doesn't have, but will switch based on your advice.
    TWRP is way too bloated for a recovery IMO - it's more likely to break something than help you nowadays
    Especially that it's heavily touching /data isn't good on devices with FBE, like on this ROM, TWRP randomly messes up FBE policy (especially on OTAs it seems) rendering the device unbootable without wiping (which is why OP says using TWRP = data loss) which is what I referred to with (soft)"brick"
    Not to talk about that crap not even properly formatting data on standard "factory reset" which makes it not boot on this ROM.
    Also applies to other devices using FBE encryption including Tab S6 Lite and S20 series.
    Older devices that use legacy FDE instead don't seem to have similar issues afaik.

PS: TWRP looses most of it's "features" with encrypted userdata.
    my safetynet fails, is there any way to make it pass? s10 exynos

3) Open the terminal
    4) su
    5) Type "props"
    8) 21 Oneplus
    11) Restart
    Question, how do we backup the rom if we cant use TWRP?

There are a couple of ways to make complete image backups of the phone. The simplest is to use adb.

On my phone the following files are the actual partitions:

a) /dev/block/sda25 - system
    b) /dev/block/sda31 - userdata

First check your phone to see where your partitions are mapped. i.e.:

Navigate to: /dev/block/platform

Open each folder in the platform folder till you find a folder named "by-name" (There may be only one folder)

On my phone it's "13d60000.ufs". Thus I issue this command from a terminal or adb shell:

ls -al /dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name

This will give you list of all the partitions and the files they are mapped to. (make sure you use those mappings not mine)

Thus, to backup my phone:
    a) Boot into recovery
    b) enable adb
    c) I run these commands:

adb pull -z any /dev/block/sda25 system.img
    adb pull -z any /dev/block/sda31 userdata.img

This creates two image files on my computer (system.img & userdata.img)

To restore:
    a) Boot into recovery
    b) enable adb
    c) I run these commands:

adb push -z any system.img /dev/block/sda25
    adb push -z any userdata.img /dev/block/sda31

Note: The userdata image backup contains the data on your sdcard (internal storage). So restoring that will delete (overwrite) all your data too. (copy that separately)

p.s. Make sure you check the partition mapping on your phone or it could be disastrous.
    p.p.s You can obviously backup any of the other partitions too (e.g. recovery, boot, etc.).