• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

mikk150

Oct 29, 2008
Tartu
Hello guys, I have a really annoying problem..

My phone randomly(about every 2-3 days) gets really really hot out of the blue(like it is just turned off, sitting on the table and I am doing absolutely nothing). If it is charging and doing this, it actually LOSES charge while on wired charger with 9V2A charger(18W)

@Linux4 do you need any specific information to try and fix it?

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
1) Which is the best performing rom for s10?

2) And is there any rom that has samsung kind of smooth strolling (such as in settings)

3) Also also a speedier fingerprint.

Thank you guys.. 🙂
I'm happy to be using LOS18.1 with Over The Air updates functioning just for convenience reasons. It is stable and has smooth scrolling. I can't comment on the fingerprint because I only use a PIN. I use this Operating System in its vanilla form without GApps and without Magisk root installed.

Reactions: Niroshft

Niroshft

Oct 30, 2016
Wadduwa
I'm happy to be using LOS18.1 with Over The Air updates functioning just for convenience reasons. It is stable and has smooth scrolling. I can't comment on the fingerprint because I only use a PIN. I use this Operating System in its vanilla form without GApps and without Magisk root installed.
Thank you zpunout for the kind reply. Fingerprint is one major concern for me. Anyway, thangs again.. .😊

Reactions: zpunout

vomad

Jun 8, 2017
Volgograd
Hello guys, I have a really annoying problem..

My phone randomly(about every 2-3 days) gets really really hot out of the blue(like it is just turned off, sitting on the table and I am doing absolutely nothing). If it is charging and doing this, it actually LOSES charge while on wired charger with 9V2A charger(18W)

@Linux4 do you need any specific information to try and fix it?
Rollback to 01.10.2021 build. I got the same problem with last OTA... Just dirty flash previous build in lineage recovery with no gapps and then flash magisk.

motoblock

Oct 13, 2021
is lineage 18 possible for sm-g975f/ds or only for sm-g975f,
the same problem i have with trwp
i know its a real smal problem, but i didnt find any information about this.
And i dont want buy the wrong phone

thank you

meeepo

Oct 14, 2021
Hi,

is the proximity sensor working for all of you? Did I miss a known bug?
Taking a look at the log does always show "Sensors : ProximitySensor::enable: write failed: -22(Invalid argument)" if I try to get readings from the sensor with an app. Everything else is working without a problem for me. How far I can tell. Except that I cant find an option like "lift to wake" in the settings. But that is not essential for me.
I tried a factory reset, re-flashing LineageOS going over latest stock and removing screen protector. I am out of ideas maybe someone else does have one...

thanks in advance

Reactions: mx82

twisteros

Dec 16, 2014
Hi,

Is dual sim working?

Is the built-in call recorder working (or the one from F-Droid com.github.axet.callrecorder)?

Is the in-call voice quality the same as the stock one? (I don't mean VOLTE)

gandoo

Aug 9, 2021
Hi,

Is dual sim working?

Is the built-in call recorder working (or the one from F-Droid com.github.axet.callrecorder)?

Is the in-call voice quality the same as the stock one? (I don't mean VOLTE)
Yes on all counts.
However, I'm on microG which is pretty much identical to LOS except the signing keys, but sill.

Reactions: superzoops

gandoo

Aug 9, 2021
For those that like Gcam, just sharing...

I'm using s10e with the official microG release.
If you're on official LOS goes without saying you'll need Gapps

Portrait mode for selfie is working with this

MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1s_snap.apk

Settings I used are attached, not that it makes a big difference, just sharing

Attachments

• gcam.xml
    25.2 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: zpunout

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
For those that like Gcam, just sharing...

I'm using s10e with the official microG release.
If you're on official LOS goes without saying you'll need Gapps

Portrait mode for selfie is working with this

MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1s_snap.apk

Settings I used are attached, not that it makes a big difference, just sharing
For vanilla LOS, there's a GCam services provider spoof apk to get it working. https://www.xda-developers.com/google-camera-port-hub/

Quinquadrate

Dec 25, 2019
Unable to setup Fingerprint 😢
I installed this rom without flashing the samsung stock firmware. That means, previously I have been running DotOs and I just format data, wiped everything and intalled this rom.

Will this fingerprint problem be fixed if I flash the samsung stock firmware & reflash this rom?
Can I flash Android 11 firmware instead of Android 10(Q)?

Thanks .....👍👍👍
For me, I had to tap really fast for the first fingerprint scan during setup. After that, you can hold for the normal time.

S10+ with microG if that matters

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
can I use mock location apps when installed as a system app like on android 9? (without enabling developer options use mock location app)

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
After trying to get Heimdall installed on 2 of my windows 10 computers and failing because I just get errors when trying to do heimdall print-pit

but whatever

wondering if anyone can point me to directions how to do this with odin.

rename and pack the "recovery.img" into a tar file using....7zip?

open odin, load the zip file in AP and the created tar file into where?

uncheck auto reboot?

Thanks for any help

ThusSpakeZ

Sep 22, 2021
After trying to get Heimdall installed on 2 of my windows 10 computers and failing because I just get errors when trying to do heimdall print-pit

but whatever

wondering if anyone can point me to directions how to do this with odin.

rename and pack the "recovery.img" into a tar file using....7zip?

open odin, load the zip file in AP and the created tar file into where?

uncheck auto reboot?

Thanks for any help
heimdall is a pain for windows. odin is much easier to deal with.

first, rename the lineage recovery to recovery.img, and pack it into a tar file

flash the tar file into AP using Odin, turn off autoreboot

after flashing the recovery, turn off the device using volume down + power, then quickly hold volume up + bixby + power to reboot straight into recovery. if you did it correctly, you'll boot into lineage recovery. if not, you will have to start again from flashing via odin (note that the USB cable needs to still be connected for the button combinations to boot you into the proper modes)

when you have loaded into the recovery, wipe and format your data partition. then, get adb on your computer and use adb sideload to flash the lineageOS zip. it will go up to 47% then show an error. that is expected and is normal.

flash gapps and magisk/lygisk similarly if necessary

when done, reboot into system. everything should work fine from there.

• Love
Reactions: phaze3131

kevin#34

Sep 23, 2017
Rome
I see that with the AOD mode active, the green pixel on the right top part of the screen has disappeared... is it safe for the screen to constantly use AOD? I am worried about stamping/burning pixel problem, since the AOD doesn't change its position..

Reactions: superzoops

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

i'm preparing to install this official version and i'm wondering which vbmeta file should i use, if any? There is no mention of a vbmeta file in the instructions but i remember needing one when installing the unofficial version of this rom.

I'm currently running the unofficial version of this exact same rom on S10 so i believe i need to do a complete clean install to get this official rom into use, meaning installing the latest custom recovery including a vbmeta file, doing a complete factory reset and data wipe and then installing the official rom. Please correct me if i have misunderstood something.
    It's because you do not need vbmeta
    Im new to here (but not so new with installing roms for androids) and readed many pages about this topic, interessing! And appreciated the work!

Well, had S5 for long time with lineageos and its such antic thing (many thanks to Lineageos, that why using for long time). So time for a new phone and bought an second hand S10 exynos. Shocked again about such Samsung and Google bloatware, immediatly went into this topic and Lineageos wiki to install this rom into.

One thing im stucked with is, succesfully flashed with Heimdall (have to unlock bootloader within download mode, otherwise, not flashable) with lineageos recovery image file. But i cant get into Lineageos Recovery mode after its flashed. So first while at download mode, pressing volume down and power button, when screen goes black, immediatly volume up + bixty + power button while cable is connected to my laptop, but it will pass every time to Samsung stock rom. Looked whole internet and youtubes videos and do it same. When going to recovery mode without flashing (from samsung itself), it works. Probaly new update (wich previous owner installed?) of samsung blocks, to get into Lineageos recovery mode? I mean, it does looks something is blocking me from to get into Lineage recovery mode from download mode.

I am following this guide: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/beyond1lte/install

Like this video, i did extactly (only the buttons part, to get into Lineage recovery mode) but it passing and going to Starting samsung stock rom:

Cheers

Unbelieveable, its working now. Found an solution by myself. At download mode, after flashing lineage recovery with heimdall, press power button + volume DOWN + bixby and with this way phone will be turned off. And then press power button + volume UP + Bixby and got into Lineage recovery. Pfff working whole day about this and no one came with this solution on internet.. Anyways, appreciated can help anybody with my solution if have same problem.

Keep up the good work guys! Cheers Flux
    Hi @Linux4 :)

I want to move to this rom but everytime I flash it ;

1. Flash lineage recovery
    2. Format data
    3. Flash rom.zip , gapps.zip and lygisk.zip

I have a lot of trouble with my Microsoft account. Like I'll go to sign into outlook etc but the screen just goes blank. Also 2FA doesn't work for me.

I'm currently using evolution x that also uses lineage recovery

However, I accidentally installed lygisk on it and the phone obviously wouldn't work properly, until I flashed magisk after a clean wipe, I Couldn't sign into Microsoft, XDA etc

It now works ok after flashing magisk

Am I missing something?

Best regards

This has nothing to do with the ROM at all.
    Note this thread is not a support thread for Lygisk ... however the issues you're having are most likely caused by using Lygisk stable and having Zygisk enabled.
    Hello everyone,

First, thank you @Linux4 for bringing this amazing ROM to the S10 lineup :)

I own a S10e and as far as I understand, it comes in two versions:
    • SM-G970U with a Snapdragon that is not supported by LineageOS
    • SM-G970F with an Exynos that is supported as per the list of devices page

Unfortunately, I have a SM-G970F/DS version of that phone. There isn't much information about this one on internet apart from the fact that DS stands for Dual SIM.

So here comes my question: are SM-G970F and SM-G970F/DS totally different versions or the DS is just an insignificant variation that will run LineageOS perfectly fine?

I remember that years ago when I was flashing CyanogenMod to my Galaxy SII, I had to be extra careful with the model I had.

Thank you,
    Best
    Hi,

In fact except for S10 5G and Note10+ 5G all Exynos 9820 devices don't even have a single SIM variant anyway (and as you said DS means Dual SIM - that's all about it already).
    So yes it will work just fine.
    Thank you very much for the quick reply!
    I'll definitely give it a go then ;)
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820
    my safetynet fails, is there any way to make it pass? s10 exynos

First you need to install magisk and then:

1) Enable settings MagiskHide
    2) install MagiskHide Props Config(Magisk module)
    3) Open the terminal
    4) su
    5) Type "props"
    6) Edit 1 fingerprint of the device
    7) Choose a certified fingerprint
    8) 21 Oneplus
    9) Find an Android 11 device (OnePlus 8T global 44)
    10) Follow the instructions
    11) Restart
    12) Clear Google Play Store Data
    13) Check SafetyNet (should pass)
    14) Open MagiskHide (Magisk -> Tap on the Shield symbol)
    15) Check all apps that do not require root privileges
    Any way around it? I like this rom but if updater is gonna get stuck because I'm using magisk I had to change back kraken rom 🥲 not that I prefer aoskp

You could join the telegram group to find some early access build of some magisk fork that has addon.d working with FBE (topjohnwu is not even willing to merge an already existing fix as seen here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/pull/3037)
    Other than that you could install magisk by just patching boot.img in the app instead of sideloading it in recovery (for now) which should make it not install addon.d.
    First of all, I appreciate your work a lot. I've been waiting quite a long time for an official lineageos build for the s10, and you nailed it, you're even fixing the few bugs remained.
    Anyway, why are you saying TWRP would brick a device? I followed your suggestions of installing lineageos recovery and it works great, but I had TWRP in my previous device for about 2 years and I never had a problem

Hi Linux4,
    Just a bit curious about you thoughts on TWRP. Indeed, it has been around for a while, has many features and is very popular, and your statement looked quite strong for me, but probably for good reasons. Is it simply not adapted to your ROM, or is it not adapted to the s10 phones, or has it gone bad generally? I am still using TWRP for all the added features that the Lineage recovery doesn't have, but will switch based on your advice.
    TWRP is way too bloated for a recovery IMO - it's more likely to break something than help you nowadays
    Especially that it's heavily touching /data isn't good on devices with FBE, like on this ROM, TWRP randomly messes up FBE policy (especially on OTAs it seems) rendering the device unbootable without wiping (which is why OP says using TWRP = data loss) which is what I referred to with (soft)"brick"
    Not to talk about that crap not even properly formatting data on standard "factory reset" which makes it not boot on this ROM.
    Also applies to other devices using FBE encryption including Tab S6 Lite and S20 series.
    Older devices that use legacy FDE instead don't seem to have similar issues afaik.

PS: TWRP looses most of it's "features" with encrypted userdata.
    I do the same with every OTA: let the system install it, seeing that it does not finish in 2-3 or so minutes, reboot (but not to recovery, just a simple reboot via holding power&vol- for >7s) - and there's the viola! A hack for sure, but it works.

Being stuck is caused by magisk's broken addon.d just in case you wonder why it happens