• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
heimdall is a pain for windows. odin is much easier to deal with.

first, rename the lineage recovery to recovery.img, and pack it into a tar file

flash the tar file into AP using Odin, turn off autoreboot

after flashing the recovery, turn off the device using volume down + power, then quickly hold volume up + bixby + power to reboot straight into recovery. if you did it correctly, you'll boot into lineage recovery. if not, you will have to start again from flashing via odin (note that the USB cable needs to still be connected for the button combinations to boot you into the proper modes)

when you have loaded into the recovery, wipe and format your data partition. then, get adb on your computer and use adb sideload to flash the lineageOS zip. it will go up to 47% then show an error. that is expected and is normal.

flash gapps and magisk/lygisk similarly if necessary

when done, reboot into system. everything should work fine from there.
thank you so much :)

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
Can't control bluetooth volume from car stereo.

I'm reading alot about codecs and such but just can't understand how my same phone could work perfectly when it was stock android 10 but now when I install lineagos on the same device, I am not able to use that same codec to get it working correctly to control the volume with my stereo unit.

thanks for any help

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
Can't control bluetooth volume from car stereo.

I'm reading alot about codecs and such but just can't understand how my same phone could work perfectly when it was stock android 10 but now when I install lineagos on the same device, I am not able to use that same codec to get it working correctly to control the volume with my stereo unit.

thanks for any help
I don't know for sure how building a custom OS works, but I think as development of LOS on a particular device evolves, OEM binaries of proprietary source code which may have been used for managing such things in early development later get replaced with an open source coded equivalent. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

superzoops

Oct 8, 2021
I see that with the AOD mode active, the green pixel on the right top part of the screen has disappeared... is it safe for the screen to constantly use AOD? I am worried about stamping/burning pixel problem, since the AOD doesn't change its position..
The official Samsung ROM makes the AOD shift by a couple of pixels every minute to prevent/lessen the burn in.
Haven't noticed this ROM doing that. You're probably better off without it, for the time being, if you're worried.

Linux4

The official Samsung ROM makes the AOD shift by a couple of pixels every minute to prevent/lessen the burn in.
Haven't noticed this ROM doing that. You're probably better off without it, for the time being, if you're worried.

Actually it's supposed to do that (AOSP has burnin protection on AOD).

ok, thanks.
by the way, I found that the green flashing pixel is still there, so I deactivated the AOD

That "pixel" is in fact proximity sensor. You should search for things that use proximity sensor and deactivate them ... e.g doze features like handwave etc...

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
I don't know for sure how building a custom OS works, but I think as development of LOS on a particular device evolves, OEM binaries of proprietary source code which may have been used for managing such things in early development later get replaced with an open source coded equivalent. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
so you are saying that maybe this is not possible to somehow install the audio codec from the stock one ui which had a working bluetooth car stereo communcation button function, onto this LOS rom?

I would think it has to be possible somehow to get the communication of the buttons working somehow right?

Jun 9, 2012
Any idea why the "terminal" app was removed in the latest build?

It's no big deal as there are bunch of terminal apps out there to choose from. Just interested.

Last edited:

nonobike

Apr 3, 2017
Hello and thank you !
the rom works perfectly.
Google applications works all except contact ... do you have any idea?
thank you

heni63

Dec 26, 2017
Any way to disable Encryption when using LineageRecovery? With TWRP There are many tool, but none work with Lineage Recovery.

I have a Bugreport (error) but I guess I only can report (Lightservice missing) when installed with Lineage
Recovery right?

Cheers

Any idea why the "terminal" app was removed in the latest build?
The native terminal was deprecated, because the app is badly designed and very limited, with no usability features, like performing common commands. Also, they likely assume people using the terminal will be using ADB, from within their own shell or can download an APK, so no need for building one.

Quinquadrate

Dec 25, 2019
hi! miracast works with this rom? thanks!
Miracast has been implemented (see Linux4's website for changelog) but in my experience the connection has been buggy, and you have to connect through settings (Connected Devices > Connection Preferences > Cast) as the quick settings icon is only for google cast. The first time you do this you will need to click the context menu in the top right and click "enable wireless display"

After the device has been connected though it works as you would expect (only without the aspect ratio options like in OneUI) but there have been times i've had to reopen the menu several times to get devices to show up.

Gabriel-Roger

May 3, 2020
Hello,
Can someone tell me if it is necessary to regularly update the firmware (donwloanding them through sammobile for example) ?

Thank you

If it can be of any help to someone, here is the procedure I follow tu update the firmwares :
-Deactivate the password and fingerprint security check
-Then flash with odin those 4 images (create the new tar files with 7zip)
  1. From AP_G97?FXX*.tar.md5 take the dt.img and create a new AP.tar
  2. CP_G97?FXX*.tar.md5
  3. Extract BL_G97?FXX*.tar.md5 and create a new BL.tar without the vbmeta.img.lz4
  4. HOME_CSC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

i'm preparing to install this official version and i'm wondering which vbmeta file should i use, if any? There is no mention of a vbmeta file in the instructions but i remember needing one when installing the unofficial version of this rom.

I'm currently running the unofficial version of this exact same rom on S10 so i believe i need to do a complete clean install to get this official rom into use, meaning installing the latest custom recovery including a vbmeta file, doing a complete factory reset and data wipe and then installing the official rom. Please correct me if i have misunderstood something.
    It's because you do not need vbmeta
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820
    my safetynet fails, is there any way to make it pass? s10 exynos

First you need to install magisk and then:

1) Enable settings MagiskHide
    2) install MagiskHide Props Config(Magisk module)
    3) Open the terminal
    4) su
    5) Type "props"
    6) Edit 1 fingerprint of the device
    7) Choose a certified fingerprint
    8) 21 Oneplus
    9) Find an Android 11 device (OnePlus 8T global 44)
    10) Follow the instructions
    11) Restart
    12) Clear Google Play Store Data
    13) Check SafetyNet (should pass)
    14) Open MagiskHide (Magisk -> Tap on the Shield symbol)
    15) Check all apps that do not require root privileges
    Any way around it? I like this rom but if updater is gonna get stuck because I'm using magisk I had to change back kraken rom 🥲 not that I prefer aoskp

You could join the telegram group to find some early access build of some magisk fork that has addon.d working with FBE (topjohnwu is not even willing to merge an already existing fix as seen here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/pull/3037)
    Other than that you could install magisk by just patching boot.img in the app instead of sideloading it in recovery (for now) which should make it not install addon.d.
    First of all, I appreciate your work a lot. I've been waiting quite a long time for an official lineageos build for the s10, and you nailed it, you're even fixing the few bugs remained.
    Anyway, why are you saying TWRP would brick a device? I followed your suggestions of installing lineageos recovery and it works great, but I had TWRP in my previous device for about 2 years and I never had a problem

Hi Linux4,
    Just a bit curious about you thoughts on TWRP. Indeed, it has been around for a while, has many features and is very popular, and your statement looked quite strong for me, but probably for good reasons. Is it simply not adapted to your ROM, or is it not adapted to the s10 phones, or has it gone bad generally? I am still using TWRP for all the added features that the Lineage recovery doesn't have, but will switch based on your advice.
    TWRP is way too bloated for a recovery IMO - it's more likely to break something than help you nowadays
    Especially that it's heavily touching /data isn't good on devices with FBE, like on this ROM, TWRP randomly messes up FBE policy (especially on OTAs it seems) rendering the device unbootable without wiping (which is why OP says using TWRP = data loss) which is what I referred to with (soft)"brick"
    Not to talk about that crap not even properly formatting data on standard "factory reset" which makes it not boot on this ROM.
    Also applies to other devices using FBE encryption including Tab S6 Lite and S20 series.
    Older devices that use legacy FDE instead don't seem to have similar issues afaik.

PS: TWRP looses most of it's "features" with encrypted userdata.
    I do the same with every OTA: let the system install it, seeing that it does not finish in 2-3 or so minutes, reboot (but not to recovery, just a simple reboot via holding power&vol- for >7s) - and there's the viola! A hack for sure, but it works.

Being stuck is caused by magisk's broken addon.d just in case you wonder why it happens