• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

stts44444

Apr 8, 2016
Goodluck unlocking the bootloader from qcom Samsung phones lol
I dont see any point in unlocking it since LOS cant do Volte. In a few months only 5g phones running LOS will be working in the US. Im not investing in 5g till lrices come down. The cheap 5g phones out now are just that. Cheap. I just paid $135 for an s10plus snapdragon in great shape. I am amazed at the performance. And it can be rooted. Thats good enough for the time being. It will run Volte for many years. I will just have to get a launcher to hide the bloatware. Going from s5 16gig to s10plus 128gig gives plenty of room to just leave the bloatware alone.

gandoo

Aug 9, 2021
hi

The latest microg update has the icon on the status bar as the screenshot so i guess some changes were made however still couldn't connect to miracast :(

Logcat https://pastebin.com/raw/GLEBZq2w

Screenshot_20211203-042413_Settings.png

Last edited:

MrBlonde27

Sep 11, 2007
First of all, really appreciate the efforts to develop LOS for Samsung S10e. Thanks a lot!

Today tried to flash it on my S10e, and although I am quite confident I have followed the instructions (couple of times) to the letter, the phone doesn't boot after installation of LOS into LineageOS Recovery.

When being booted, the LineageOS animation (I guess) is shown for a couple of minutes. Then, without a message, the phone boots and restarts in Lineage Recovery with message:

"Can't load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device."

It then offers two options; 1) Try again, 2) Factory data reset.

Both are not resolving the issue.

If tried the following:
  1. Two different nightly builds: 20211125 & 20211202, with matching versions of LineageOS recovery.
  2. OpenGApps (arm64, mini) and MindTheGapps.
In the process of flashing, I also got messages like:
E: Failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 to /storage/emulated: No such file or directory.
E: emulated failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 on /storage/emulated: No such file or directory.

Loss of data is not of a concern since it's a new device (and definitely prefer LOS above OneUI!).
Any advice would really be appreciated.
Thanks a million!

Android-Joker

Oct 1, 2014
First of all, really appreciate the efforts to develop LOS for Samsung S10e. Thanks a lot!

Today tried to flash it on my S10e, and although I am quite confident I have followed the instructions (couple of times) to the letter, the phone doesn't boot after installation of LOS into LineageOS Recovery.

When being booted, the LineageOS animation (I guess) is shown for a couple of minutes. Then, without a message, the phone boots and restarts in Lineage Recovery with message:

"Can't load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device."

It then offers two options; 1) Try again, 2) Factory data reset.

Both are not resolving the issue.

If tried the following:
  1. Two different nightly builds: 20211125 & 20211202, with matching versions of LineageOS recovery.
  2. OpenGApps (arm64, mini) and MindTheGapps.
In the process of flashing, I also got messages like:
E: Failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 to /storage/emulated: No such file or directory.
E: emulated failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 on /storage/emulated: No such file or directory.

Loss of data is not of a concern since it's a new device (and definitely prefer LOS above OneUI!).
Any advice would really be appreciated.
Thanks a million!

I have exactly the same issue. Unfortunately I did the mistake and upgraded my firmware to FUJ2 from 2021-11-01. I noticed most of the LOS ROMS do not support the firmware yet.. Is there any chance to use LOS 18.1 for that firmware?

Last edited:

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
I have exactly the same issue. Unfortunately I did the mistake and upgraded my firmware to FUJ5 from 2021-11-01. I noticed most of the LOS ROMS do not support the firmware yet.. Is there any chance to use LOS 18.1 for that firmware?
This is interesting because I installed LineageOS onto a G970-F which had the latest firmware update just a few days ago without any problems

MrBlonde27

Sep 11, 2007
This is interesting because I installed LineageOS onto a G970-F which had the latest firmware update just a few days ago without any problems
How can I check the firmware version of my G970-F? Did you use LineageOS Recovery, or alternative installation than instructed on LineageOS downloads pages?

Android-Joker

Oct 1, 2014
Great to hear. I've got a G973F (Galaxy S10) and can observe the same behaviour as @MrBlonde27. I use the G973FXXSEFUJ2 firmware for my device. Tested with the latest official LOS 18.1 image and the corresponding Lineage Recovery. The flash process always succeeds but as soon as I restart my device I only get the LOS boot animation and after a few seconds my device restarts into the recovery with the message "Can't load Android System [...]". There is no change if I just flash LOS without gapps.

Android-Joker

Oct 1, 2014
Great to hear. I've got a G973F (Galaxy S10) and can observe the same behaviour as @MrBlonde27. I use the G973FXXSEFUJ2 firmware for my device. Tested with the latest official LOS 18.1 image and the corresponding Lineage Recovery. The flash process always succeeds but as soon as I restart my device I only get the LOS boot animation and after a few seconds my device restarts into the recovery with the message "Can't load Android System [...]". There is no change if I just flash LOS without gapps.
I was able to start LOS 18.1 with the following procedure:
  1. Install stock firmware with Odin and reboot into stock firmware
  2. Restart into download mode and install Lineage Recovery
  3. Restart into recovery
  4. Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset
  5. Install LOS 18.1 over adb sideload
  6. Restart into os
Unfortunately I get a bootloop as soon as I install open gapps after LOS.

Update:
I successfully installed MindTheGapps after LOS and did not get a bootloop. Maybe there is something wrong with Open Gapps.

MrBlonde27

Sep 11, 2007
  3. Restart into recovery
  6. Restart into os

Update:
I successfully installed MindTheGapps after LOS and did not get a bootloop. Maybe there is something wrong with Open Gapps.
Yes, works for me too now. Perhaps reverting back to stock firmware and directly sideloading MindTheGapps did the trick. Worth to mention that I didn't see the mounting errors this time as well.

Really happy now, and will start enjoying LOS!

Reactions: zpunout

Gabriel-Roger

May 3, 2020
  3. Restart into recovery
  6. Restart into os

Update:
Why don't you use MicroG with Lineage with microG instead of those gapps ?

Pezo

Apr 8, 2006
Linz
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Does anyone else have the problem that the touchscreen doesn't turn off during a call? When I put the phone to my ear, the screen does turn off but apparently the touchscreen doesn't, so my ear pulls down the notification panel, which is quite annoying.

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
Does anyone else have the problem that the touchscreen doesn't turn off during a call? When I put the phone to my ear, the screen does turn off but apparently the touchscreen doesn't, so my ear pulls down the notification panel, which is quite annoying.
Yes, I lock the screen manually. Also the proximity sensor isn't being used when the phone is ringing in my pocket and sometimes answers before I even know it's ringing. I gotta get around to generating a logcat to help Linux4 if he decides to fix it.

Samgarr

May 14, 2012
If anybody struggle with first boot into recovery try this:
  1. flash LOS recovery with Heimdall:
    heimdall flash --RECOVERY <path-to-recovery.img>
    (yes, without --no-reboot parameter)
  2. Imediatelly when white progress bar shows up, hold Vol Up + Bixby + Power botton and don't release until you see LOS recovery
This is the only way how to boot into LOS recovery for me on my SM-G970F.

Last edited:
Reactions: zpunout

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
If anybody struggle with first boot into recovery try this:
  1. flash LOS recovery with Heimdall:
    heimdall flash --RECOVERY <path-to-recovery.img>
    (yes, without --no-reboot parameter)
  2. Imediatelly when white progress bar shows up, hold Vol Up + Bixby + Power botton and don't release until you see LOS recovery
This is the only way how to boot into LOS recovery for me on my SM-G970F.
That's how I do it too. 👍

porst17

Jun 24, 2018
Does anybody else also have wrong colors when using LiveDisplay (looks over-saturated) or color-calibration in general. I already reported it in the official LineageOS issue tracker (#3813), but no one seems interested looking at it.
In the picture, you see two phones side-by-side with blue and green values in the color profile set to the lowest value for demonstration purposes such that the UI should be completely red:

• Left: S10 with 18.1: wrong colors - there are still non-red colors
  • Right: S4 with (unofficial) 17.1: correct colors - everything is red
LiveDisplay_S10_vs_S4.jpg

bertino

Oct 17, 2014
Does anybody else also have wrong colors when using LiveDisplay (looks over-saturated) or color-calibration in general. I already reported it in the official LineageOS issue tracker (#3813), but no one seems interested looking at it.
In the picture, you see two phones side-by-side with blue and green values in the color profile set to the lowest value for demonstration purposes such that the UI should be completely red:

View attachment 5487633
I have also noticed this when using the livedisplay night mode.

Reactions: porst17

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you very much for the quick reply!
    I'll definitely give it a go then ;)
    Hi,

I have been using this ROM for a couple weeks now and I love it! It feels smoother than stock One UI indeed and battery lasts longer. The experience is very pleasant.

Huge thanks to the LineageOS team and @Linux4 for their great work! 😃

Best
    S10 & S10+ /DS Variants Supported?

So why not add it to the wiki? 🤷‍♂️

Some user on Reddit was asking if the SM-G975F/DS is supported because the LineageOS wiki page Samsung Galaxy S10+ (beyond2lte) says: "Supported models SM-G975F".

And the Don't see yours? link just below that leads to the FAQ: "We try to have the list as complete as possible. If yours isn’t there it will either not work or we couldn’t test it."

BTW thanks for supporting these devices. :cool:👍

View attachment 5494251

Of course it is supported, it's not there because technically the /DS is not part of the model number.
    Considering stock settings app shows it like that though, it might be worth adding it to avoid confusion.

Edit: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/lineage_wiki/+/320958
    I am on https://lineage.microg.org/ (which is based on this version here, right). Even in latest release (12/16) the vendor patch level is 10/1 - seems to me outdated. Is this normal or are some patches missed? What is vendor patch date here?
    Thank you

2021-11-01 vendor blobs were simply skipped in favor of working on LineageOS 19.0 ...
    2021-12-01 ones are for Android 12 now already so you can't use them on 18.1.
    There are a couple of ways to make complete image backups of the phone. The simplest is to use adb.

On my phone the following files are the actual partitions:

a) /dev/block/sda25 - system
    b) /dev/block/sda31 - userdata

First check your phone to see where your partitions are mapped. i.e.:

Navigate to: /dev/block/platform

Open each folder in the platform folder till you find a folder named "by-name" (There may be only one folder)

On my phone it's "13d60000.ufs". Thus I issue this command from a terminal or adb shell:

ls -al /dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name

This will give you list of all the partitions and the files they are mapped to. (make sure you use those mappings not mine)

Thus, to backup my phone:
    a) Boot into recovery
    b) enable adb
    c) I run these commands:

adb pull -z any /dev/block/sda25 system.img
    adb pull -z any /dev/block/sda31 userdata.img

This creates two image files on my computer (system.img & userdata.img)

To restore:
    a) Boot into recovery
    b) enable adb
    c) I run these commands:

adb push -z any system.img /dev/block/sda25
    adb push -z any userdata.img /dev/block/sda31

Note: The userdata image backup contains the data on your sdcard (internal storage). So restoring that will delete (overwrite) all your data too. (copy that separately)

p.s. Make sure you check the partition mapping on your phone or it could be disastrous.
    p.p.s You can obviously backup any of the other partitions too (e.g. recovery, boot, etc.).
    I tried this for testing, as I want to have a quick switch between my daily system and a system I just want to try.
    The steps I usually do are:
    Full system backup (TWRP)
    messing around
    Full system restore (TWRP
    and I'm back where I left.

As I see the benefits from this ROM (i tried it, ans I'm quite happy) I want to move forward and use it as my daily driver. But I also want to keep the possibility to quickly try another system or a future update before moving to it. Hence I triede to get used to the backup and restore process.

I did the following steps:

1. Installing LOS18.1 (as in the instructions given with LOS recovery)
    2. Setting up everything (initial setup, some apps, launcher, fingerprint and pattern/pin/password)

Backup Process::
    3. Copy all data from storage while booted (MTP) to desktop computer
    4. rebooting to recovery (LOS recovery)
    5. pull the images with mentioned adb pull commands

Randomly messing around (as i would do to try new/other things)
    6. Re-Installing any OS

Restore Process:
    7. Re-insytlling LOS18.1 (as in the instructions given)
    8. boot into LOS do the initial setup
    9. reboot to recovery (LOS recovery)
    10. factory reset
    11. pushing the two images back
    12. rebooting
    --> Lock screen looks fine
    but I cannot unlock the phone, with all variants (pin, pattern, password) it reports: wrong ***

Next Steps:
    13: I would copy back all content to the storage through MTP connected (reverse of step 3).
    14: after a reboot I would expect being back as before step 3.

Anyone an advice or hint on the unlock problem?
    Or a better procedure to what I do?

Before I move to like to know now, how to do it properly for once I need it...
    Thanks a lot!

View attachment 5487633
    I have also noticed this when using the livedisplay night mode.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820
    my safetynet fails, is there any way to make it pass? s10 exynos

First you need to install magisk and then:

1) Enable settings MagiskHide
    2) install MagiskHide Props Config(Magisk module)
    3) Open the terminal
    4) su
    5) Type "props"
    6) Edit 1 fingerprint of the device
    7) Choose a certified fingerprint
    8) 21 Oneplus
    9) Find an Android 11 device (OnePlus 8T global 44)
    10) Follow the instructions
    11) Restart
    12) Clear Google Play Store Data
    13) Check SafetyNet (should pass)
    14) Open MagiskHide (Magisk -> Tap on the Shield symbol)
    15) Check all apps that do not require root privileges
    Any way around it? I like this rom but if updater is gonna get stuck because I'm using magisk I had to change back kraken rom 🥲 not that I prefer aoskp

You could join the telegram group to find some early access build of some magisk fork that has addon.d working with FBE (topjohnwu is not even willing to merge an already existing fix as seen here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/pull/3037)
    Other than that you could install magisk by just patching boot.img in the app instead of sideloading it in recovery (for now) which should make it not install addon.d.
    First of all, I appreciate your work a lot. I've been waiting quite a long time for an official lineageos build for the s10, and you nailed it, you're even fixing the few bugs remained.
    Anyway, why are you saying TWRP would brick a device? I followed your suggestions of installing lineageos recovery and it works great, but I had TWRP in my previous device for about 2 years and I never had a problem

Hi Linux4,
    Just a bit curious about you thoughts on TWRP. Indeed, it has been around for a while, has many features and is very popular, and your statement looked quite strong for me, but probably for good reasons. Is it simply not adapted to your ROM, or is it not adapted to the s10 phones, or has it gone bad generally? I am still using TWRP for all the added features that the Lineage recovery doesn't have, but will switch based on your advice.
    TWRP is way too bloated for a recovery IMO - it's more likely to break something than help you nowadays
    Especially that it's heavily touching /data isn't good on devices with FBE, like on this ROM, TWRP randomly messes up FBE policy (especially on OTAs it seems) rendering the device unbootable without wiping (which is why OP says using TWRP = data loss) which is what I referred to with (soft)"brick"
    Not to talk about that crap not even properly formatting data on standard "factory reset" which makes it not boot on this ROM.
    Also applies to other devices using FBE encryption including Tab S6 Lite and S20 series.
    Older devices that use legacy FDE instead don't seem to have similar issues afaik.

PS: TWRP looses most of it's "features" with encrypted userdata.
    I do the same with every OTA: let the system install it, seeing that it does not finish in 2-3 or so minutes, reboot (but not to recovery, just a simple reboot via holding power&vol- for >7s) - and there's the viola! A hack for sure, but it works.

Being stuck is caused by magisk's broken addon.d just in case you wonder why it happens