[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

gaglia83

May 7, 2017
Are you sure you are using this ROM?
Yes, I was using linux4's build when it was still unofficial. Now I'm currently on lineage_beyond0lte-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210705.001 23930c2bf7

I also have another identical device (S10e) with the same ROM (for testing) and has the same problem.

Not sure when and how this happened, before I could use my USB data cable (a good one, tested on another device) to connect the S10e to the PC and trasfer files, now all the options are greyed out and only the charging happens. Might have something to do with SeedVault backupping on the external MicroSD?

cgirerd

May 17, 2015
San Diego
Do not use TWRP, that crap WILL for sure eventually brick your device.
Also no need to manually flash a disabled vbmeta image.

Can you please just read the OP and instructions next time?
Hi Linux4,
Just a bit curious about you thoughts on TWRP. Indeed, it has been around for a while, has many features and is very popular, and your statement looked quite strong for me, but probably for good reasons. Is it simply not adapted to your ROM, or is it not adapted to the s10 phones, or has it gone bad generally? I am still using TWRP for all the added features that the Lineage recovery doesn't have, but will switch based on your advice.

Linux4

Recognized Developer
First of all, I appreciate your work a lot. I've been waiting quite a long time for an official lineageos build for the s10, and you nailed it, you're even fixing the few bugs remained.
Anyway, why are you saying TWRP would brick a device? I followed your suggestions of installing lineageos recovery and it works great, but I had TWRP in my previous device for about 2 years and I never had a problem

Hi Linux4,
Just a bit curious about you thoughts on TWRP. Indeed, it has been around for a while, has many features and is very popular, and your statement looked quite strong for me, but probably for good reasons. Is it simply not adapted to your ROM, or is it not adapted to the s10 phones, or has it gone bad generally? I am still using TWRP for all the added features that the Lineage recovery doesn't have, but will switch based on your advice.
TWRP is way too bloated for a recovery IMO - it's more likely to break something than help you nowadays
Especially that it's heavily touching /data isn't good on devices with FBE, like on this ROM, TWRP randomly messes up FBE policy (especially on OTAs it seems) rendering the device unbootable without wiping (which is why OP says using TWRP = data loss) which is what I referred to with (soft)"brick"
Not to talk about that crap not even properly formatting data on standard "factory reset" which makes it not boot on this ROM.
Also applies to other devices using FBE encryption including Tab S6 Lite and S20 series.
Older devices that use legacy FDE instead don't seem to have similar issues afaik.

PS: TWRP looses most of it's "features" with encrypted userdata.

psunix

Oct 30, 2016
Rehi

for me Location/GPS is not working. just updated to the newest nightly build, and still no location.

I do not have gapps installed.

does anyone have the same problem?

evilorb

Feb 16, 2015
Rehi

for me Location/GPS is not working. just updated to the newest nightly build, and still no location.

I do not have gapps installed.

does anyone have the same problem?
GPS fix is done under 20 sec., never be so fast with this S10E.
First or last build and without Gapps too.

meetlicious

Feb 16, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm suffering a lot by thermal , my phone is like really hot and I'm thinking in switch to LOS , how is goin the kernel ? , I can tweak to be less aggressive ?

heni63

Account currently disabled
Dec 26, 2017
GB
meettomy.site
@Linux4

Is it possible with this ROM to have shutter Speed (for long exposure at night for example) higher than 1/10s ?

All Custom Roms/Cams I tried so far never offer 5 seconds or higher :& Is there a hard Limit for custom Roms or something like that?

Cheers

woaloo

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 23, 2006
Fairphone
Samsung Galaxy S10e
@Linux4

Is it possible with this ROM to have shutter Speed (for long exposure at night for example) higher than 1/10s ?

All Custom Roms/Cams I tried so far never offer 5 seconds or higher :& Is there a hard Limit for custom Roms or something like that?

Cheers
Maybe you can give a try to OpenCamera. On my S10e, there has a shutter Speed setting. Maximum value is 11765 ms

Last edited:
Is someone using Samsung Wearable with this rom? As I know there are problems with this when you using a Samsung device with an not offical Samsung Software.
I just use Magisk whit majiskhide props config mdule. Properly rebrand device to Google Pixel 5 for example and your good to go. I use my phone whit Galaxy Watch3 and Samsung Buds+.

Last edited:

meetlicious

Feb 16, 2018
Sometimes I got a draining and super hot CPU , but is a good ROM

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210824-182753_Configurações.png
    Screenshot_20210824-182753_Configurações.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: zpunout

heni63

Account currently disabled
Dec 26, 2017
GB
meettomy.site
I kinda think that at least some battery goes for the accelerometer sensor, I found out with Gsam Battery Monitor that This Ron and Crdroid are using this sensor allot without a reason?

Reactions: meetlicious

birdey

Mar 26, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Hello and a good day to you,
question to all, why is there currently no weekly
updates from LinageOs with microg ?
I could not find anything about the question anywhere unfortunately.
Thank you very much.
Best regards
S10+

Last edited:

doeternietoe

Dec 31, 2010
TWRP is way too bloated for a recovery IMO - it's more likely to break something than help you nowadays
Especially that it's heavily touching /data isn't good on devices with FBE, like on this ROM, TWRP randomly messes up FBE policy (especially on OTAs it seems) rendering the device unbootable without wiping (which is why OP says using TWRP = data loss) which is what I referred to with (soft)"brick"
Not to talk about that crap not even properly formatting data on standard "factory reset" which makes it not boot on this ROM.
Also applies to other devices using FBE encryption including Tab S6 Lite and S20 series.
Older devices that use legacy FDE instead don't seem to have similar issues afaik.

Well, that's a clear answer and I think many of us have experienced that TWRP can be buggy on this and other devices.

Still, I was very fond of the option to access the encrypted internal memory from recovery. One reason for this is the option to disable Magisk modules from recovery to fix boot loops. Another to rescue personal data if the phone doesn't properly boot.

Would there be any other option to do this?

Reactions: Keule-Tm

meetlicious

Feb 16, 2018
I'm having a lot of error when my mobile switch towers like 2g for 3g or 4g , and poor battery life only 12hrs ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210825-210215_Alertas_de_emergência_sem_fio.png
    Screenshot_20210825-210215_Alertas_de_emergência_sem_fio.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: zpunout

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820
    D
    Deleted member 11639637
    my safetynet fails, is there any way to make it pass? s10 exynos

First you need to install magisk and then:

1) Enable settings MagiskHide
    2) install MagiskHide Props Config(Magisk module)
    3) Open the terminal
    4) su
    5) Type "props"
    6) Edit 1 fingerprint of the device
    7) Choose a certified fingerprint
    8) 21 Oneplus
    9) Find an Android 11 device (OnePlus 8T global 44)
    10) Follow the instructions
    11) Restart
    12) Clear Google Play Store Data
    13) Check SafetyNet (should pass)
    14) Open MagiskHide (Magisk -> Tap on the Shield symbol)
    15) Check all apps that do not require root privileges
    Any way around it? I like this rom but if updater is gonna get stuck because I'm using magisk I had to change back kraken rom 🥲 not that I prefer aoskp

You could join the telegram group to find some early access build of some magisk fork that has addon.d working with FBE (topjohnwu is not even willing to merge an already existing fix as seen here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/pull/3037)
    Other than that you could install magisk by just patching boot.img in the app instead of sideloading it in recovery (for now) which should make it not install addon.d.
    First of all, I appreciate your work a lot. I've been waiting quite a long time for an official lineageos build for the s10, and you nailed it, you're even fixing the few bugs remained.
    Anyway, why are you saying TWRP would brick a device? I followed your suggestions of installing lineageos recovery and it works great, but I had TWRP in my previous device for about 2 years and I never had a problem

Hi Linux4,

I do the same with every OTA: let the system install it, seeing that it does not finish in 2-3 or so minutes, reboot (but not to recovery, just a simple reboot via holding power&vol- for >7s) - and there's the viola! A hack for sure, but it works.

Being stuck is caused by magisk's broken addon.d just in case you wonder why it happens