[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Redmi 7

Search This thread

a safe haven

• Oct 24, 2016
    Dhaka
    The most autistic feature of android 11 is the wallpaper zoom on the home screen, the zoom-in-and-out effect makes gives me motion sickness at times, it's so useless, and the 4k images turn into 480p images.
    Will google fix this? is there any workaround for this?

Last edited:

Darth Bidder

May 11, 2017
    Xiaomi Redmi 7
    The most autistic feature of android 11 is the wallpaper zoom on the home screen, the zoom-in-and-out effect makes gives me motion sickness at times, it's so useless, and the 4k images turn into 480p images.
    KLWP app. Just google it.
    Google won't fix this since there's not enough complaints from users. If they do change it, it's probably on a future major Android update.

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
    Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
    I don't mind the zoomed-in-out effect, but I hate that the images are converted into low quality wallpapers if you set wallpaper from Styles & Wallpapers, the images will be resized to 524 x 1109 and then upscaled to 720 x 1520, and then zoomed in when in the homescreen, that's why the wallpapers look low quality blurry.

My workaround is by using Styles & Wallpapers app from LOS 17.1, the wallpaper will still be zoomed in, but the images will be resized directly to 720 x 1520 (no 524 x 1109 resizing step).

a safe haven

• Oct 24, 2016
    Dhaka
    I don't mind the zoomed-in-out effect, but I hate that the images are converted into low quality wallpapers if you set wallpaper from Styles & Wallpapers, the images will be resized to 524 x 1109 and then upscaled to 720 x 1520, and then zoomed in when in the homescreen, that's why the wallpapers look low quality blurry.

My workaround is by using Styles & Wallpapers app from LOS 17.1, the wallpaper will still be zoomed in, but the images will be resized directly to 720 x 1520 (no 524 x 1109 resizing step).
    Can you upload the apk here?
    It'll be a big help.

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
    Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
    Can you upload the apk here?
    It'll be a big help.
    You can extract it from LineageOS 17.1 system image.

It can't be installed on top of current "Styles and Wallpapers", since the one from 17.1 has lower version number, you need to install it as system app, also it won't recognize the stock 18.1 wallpapers app, if you love the stock wallpapers, you also need to extract the app from 17.1 and install it as system app too.

hamzaalijoiyah

Aug 26, 2014
    Lahore
    Is anyone else experiencing really bad battery life since last update. I mean it goes from 100 to 0 in like 2 hrs of usage, or sometimes even less. Anyone else experiencing it? I'm on April 18, 2021 nightly. I updated to it via the LOS updater and using LOS recovery.

NMrocks

• Nov 3, 2020
    India

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210426-093645_Updater.png
      Screenshot_20210426-093645_Updater.png
      67 KB · Views: 26
    Reactions: kurtn

NMrocks

• Nov 3, 2020
    India

My workaround is using Google's "Wallpapers" app. It integrates very well with the system and does not scale wallpapers. The zoom effect remains, however.

skitzo14

Apr 27, 2021
    thanks for the great rom, but i have a problem, when i use my new 128gb micro sd as internal storage and started download app, the app force closed, and when i revert back to external storage, app open perfectly, any idea how to fix this?

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
    Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
    thanks for the great rom, but i have a problem, when i use my new 128gb micro sd as internal storage and started download app, the app force closed, and when i revert back to external storage, app open perfectly, any idea how to fix this?
    It's actually not a good idea to use a microSD card as internal storage (adoptable storage), as it's slower than the actual internal storage, and will wear far faster due to the amount of writes to it.

Annuart

Jan 13, 2021
    Xiaomi Redmi 7
    Does anyone have problems with the wifi? A couple weeks ago I had to revert to LOS 17.1 because in 18.1 the wifi used to turn off when the screen turned off. Sometimes it reconnects when I unlock the phone, but sometimes I had to reconnect manually. I tried to disable the battery optimizations for all the wifi related settings, also tried the adb command " adb shell settings put global wifi_sleep_policy = 0", but the issue persisted.

t0lits

May 11, 2013
    Xiaomi Redmi 7
    Does anyone have problems with the wifi? A couple weeks ago I had to revert to LOS 17.1 because in 18.1 the wifi used to turn off when the screen turned off. Sometimes it reconnects when I unlock the phone, but sometimes I had to reconnect manually. I tried to disable the battery optimizations for all the wifi related settings, also tried the adb command " adb shell settings put global wifi_sleep_policy = 0", but the issue persisted.
    no wifi issues to me...everything is working fine...try to reflash your phone...

rsainichd

Jun 8, 2021
    Hi, all members, I have an issue facing regarding split screen, that the split screen ratio is in equal ratio, cannot be changed by dragging split border

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      tsndwdG.png

Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

What's working:

• WiFi
      • RIL (Calls , SMS , Data)
      • Bluetooth
      • Fingerprint
      • Audio
      • Video
      • Camera
      • Camcorder
      • Flash
      • IR
      • FM Radio
      • Sensors
      • LED
      • GPS
      • VoLTE
      • VoWiFi
      • Encryption (FBE)

Known issues:
      • Wifi Display

Downloads:

Instructions:

Upgrade from lineage 17.1: official guide

Fresh Install:

• Reboot to recovery
      • Format /system, /data and /cache
      • Install LineageOS zip package
      • Install GApps of your choice [optional]
      • Reboot

Important note:
      • Format data is necessary if MIUI was previously installed or device was encrypted with other encryption methods like FBE.
      • No Custom Kernels are supported in this thread.

Device wiki:

Device sources:
      Guys I have seen a lot of guys are discussing about magisk. Actually magisk is not a important thing to make the rom to boot. Just flash lineage 18.1 zip and a11 gapps to upgrade from lineage 17.1.

If you really want magisk, flash it after first boot (best case).
      and you can use latest magisk 22.0 . It works well.

and for update bootloops, You guys may be used someother recoveries which is not recommended. Follow the steps as per lineage wiki . (may be my twrp works well but I don't even recommend. just follow as per lineage wiki if you are a normal user)
      Is this rom compatible with redmi y3?
      Yes, the only difference between Redmi Y3 and Redmi 7 is the front camera, and this ROM also has the camera blobs for Y3 front camera.
      I'm just wondering if I can just upgrade to this by just flashing the zip file with TWRP? Because the steps on how to upgrade from the official guide is only for using adb sideload.
      Yes to upgrade from 17.1 to 18.1, just flash the 18.1 zip, then the Android 11 GApps zip and then other zips (Magisk etc.) in TWRP. No wiping or deleting required. I did it this way
      Mic not working in any music + voice recording app like Voloco. I have tried other apps too, normal voice recording apps work fine. Any solutions? Can someone test if Voloco is working on their phone?