• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Redmi 7

Search This thread

irvan syamsul

May 31, 2014
I'm still a noob about coding, but I've followed various ways on the internet and youtube but to no avail.
xiaomi redm7 device, since up to 18.1 audiofx (reverb) not working. I'm empty without it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210813-110831_Root_Explorer.png
    Screenshot_20210813-110831_Root_Explorer.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20210813-110932_Root_Explorer.png
    Screenshot_20210813-110932_Root_Explorer.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20210813-111009_MyAndroidTools.png
    Screenshot_20210813-111009_MyAndroidTools.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 133

Darth Bidder

May 11, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi 7
Where does the exported LOS update file located?
I clicked the export update in the Updater but I don't know where to search for the file.

I know the current location of the update file if I downloaded it straight from the Updater app which is in data/lineageos_updates/ folder.

EDIT: Nvm. Already found it under android/data section.

Last edited:

hussxin

Aug 27, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 7
After updating it to 29th august ota update my phone has stopped showing battery cycle more then 50% even though my phone has a full charge on it. Im just confused is it the software problem or my battery.

AnimePewdz

Aug 31, 2021
So suddenly my phone won't move apps to internal from sd card(using adopted storage btw) it shows the move menu but touching the button doesn't do anything. I was on 15th august version and updating it hasn't seemed to fix it so I made a bug report.

Attachments

• bugreport-lineage_onclite-RQ3A.210805.001.A1-2021-08-31-20-32-49.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 156

NMrocks

Nov 3, 2020
India
Anyone has an audio balancing AudioFX config for this phone's speaker? A screenshot will work. The speaker on this thing is hilariously bad, especially when you're hearing something with bass or low-pitched voices in it

eaxdest

Apr 15, 2018
Hello everyone, I just started using android 11 roms for my device, and seems like that the wireless display problem exists on all of them. Any ideas what the cause of this might be?

Feb 4, 2017
Please add
1) MI Sound Enhancer to improve audio quality (many custom roms have it but doesn't work)
2) App-lock with fingerprint support
3) Adaptive charging to limit battery charging when it reaches certain (90%) percentage

NMrocks

Nov 3, 2020
India
Please add
1) MI Sound Enhancer to improve audio quality (many custom roms have it but doesn't work)
3) Adaptive charging to limit battery charging when it reaches certain (90%) percentage
For (1), you have AudioFX, LineageOS' own equalizer, you don't need Mi Sound Enhancer. You can find it in the app drawer.
And the other two feature requests can't be implemented by the maintainer AFAIK because this is official LineageOS

Reactions: Jesuel75

Darth Bidder

May 11, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi 7
Please add
2. Isn't app lock already in the default launcher, Trebuchet? I'm using it.

EDIT: 3. If you're already using Magisk or any root, use AccA or the Magisk module version to limit the charging to whatever percent you wish it to stop charging. Mine is at 80%.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhishek.raibagkar

Dhina17

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2018
India
Please add
1) Let's see in lineage 19
2, 3) From my side I will try when I have time. (Hope these features acceptable by Lineage)

Reactions: Abhishek.raibagkar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please add
    2. Isn't app lock already in the default launcher, Trebuchet? I'm using it.

EDIT: 3. If you're already using Magisk or any root, use AccA or the Magisk module version to limit the charging to whatever percent you wish it to stop charging. Mine is at 80%.
    Please add
    2, 3) From my side I will try when I have time. (Hope these features acceptable by Lineage)
    tsndwdG.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

What's working:

• WiFi
    • RIL (Calls , SMS , Data)
    • Bluetooth
    • Fingerprint
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Flash
    • IR
    • FM Radio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • GPS
    • VoLTE
    • VoWiFi
    • Encryption (FBE)

Known issues:
    • Wifi Display

Downloads:

Instructions:

Upgrade from lineage 17.1: official guide

Fresh Install:

• Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install GApps of your choice [optional]
    • Reboot

Important note:
    • Format data is necessary if MIUI was previously installed or device was encrypted with other encryption methods like FBE.
    • No Custom Kernels are supported in this thread.

Device wiki:

Device sources:
    Guys I have seen a lot of guys are discussing about magisk. Actually magisk is not a important thing to make the rom to boot. Just flash lineage 18.1 zip and a11 gapps to upgrade from lineage 17.1.

If you really want magisk, flash it after first boot (best case).
    and you can use latest magisk 22.0 . It works well.

and for update bootloops, You guys may be used someother recoveries which is not recommended. Follow the steps as per lineage wiki . (may be my twrp works well but I don't even recommend. just follow as per lineage wiki if you are a normal user)
    Is this rom compatible with redmi y3?
    Yes, the only difference between Redmi Y3 and Redmi 7 is the front camera, and this ROM also has the camera blobs for Y3 front camera.
    I'm just wondering if I can just upgrade to this by just flashing the zip file with TWRP? Because the steps on how to upgrade from the official guide is only for using adb sideload.
    Yes to upgrade from 17.1 to 18.1, just flash the 18.1 zip, then the Android 11 GApps zip and then other zips (Magisk etc.) in TWRP. No wiping or deleting required. I did it this way
    Please add