[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (LTE)

Search This thread

Tweeters27

Jul 16, 2018
@Tweeters27 what is the output of adb shell getprop ro.boot.em.model on your device?

EDIT: Please try this build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Sj8UNe1W1lUbsb8CG4rVoRdo6r4Ey0J/view?usp=sharing, but get me the output of the above command anyway.
I flashed this version, and it doesn't boot. It just takes me back to TWRP. The result of the command you mentioned is SM-T727R4. I flashed the bootloader from the R4 firmware so I could unlock, as I wasn't given the option to unlock it with the SM-T727V firmware. Everything else other than the bootloader is SM-T727V.

Hope that helps. Thanks again.

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com
I flashed this version, and it doesn't boot. It just takes me back to TWRP. The result of the command you mentioned is SM-T727R4. I flashed the bootloader from the R4 firmware so I could unlock, as I wasn't given the option to unlock it with the SM-T727V firmware. Everything else other than the bootloader is SM-T727V.

Hope that helps. Thanks again.
Format your data.

Tweeters27

Jul 16, 2018
Just tested, no dice. What's strange is that I went back and reflashed the 18.1 build that's posted at the start of the thread that had originally worked, and now that doesn't boot either.

Here's what I'm doing:
1. Boot TWRP, advanced wipe, check everything except microSD and USB OTG.
2. ADB sideload, install LineageOS.
3. Factory reset.
4. Boot.

I've tried copying it over and installing it that way instead of sideload and get the same result. A black screen, then it reboots to TWRP. No one seems to be having a similar issue so maybe it's just some kind of issue with my tablet? I don't know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official nightlies are up! Enjoy. :)
    I updated to the nightly from the unofficial 18.1-build without wiping data, and it works beautifully.

FWIW, I no longer recommend the previous way I installed Magisk. Here's what I recommend now:
    - Uninstall Magisk (if installed the old way)
    - Have TWRP installed
    - Download v22 (or latest) of the Magisk.apk (https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases)
    - Download the latest TWRP image (https://eu.dl.twrp.me/gts4lv/)
    - Copy both files to the device
    - Install Magisk apk
    - Open Magisk, select "Install", "Recovery Method", "Patch file"
    - Select the TWRP .img file, remember where the patched file is placed
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Select "Install image"
    - Select the patched image and install to recovery
    - Reboot
    - Done!

This way, Magisk doesn't need to be uninstalled when updating the ROM. But remember to ONLY update Magisk from the app! Also, remember to patch any update to TWRP before installing it, or you will lose Magisk!

The Magisk installation instructions mentioned that you need to press the recovery key combo until the splash screen shows to activate Magisk on a cold boot, but I found that it is always active.
    Been trying this rom for a few days, it works great!
    Compared to the Samsung stock firmware, this one is blazing fast.
    Thanks man!
    Damn..messed up with LuisKERNEL and headed up multiple failing system re-installations and because cant wifi working anymore..is it maybe because of flashing luiskernel..how can i undo it?
    Just flash Lineage 18.1 again and it will replace that kernel.
    Did you do that via the internal Updater or TWRP?
    Anything to take care of?
    Which version if Magisk/TWRP did run while you update?
    Other way asked: is an update of TWRP or Magisk needed before?
    at first download magisk22.apk
    rename magisk22.apk to magisk22.zip
    in Twrp dirty flash:

Lineage18.zip
    gapps if you want
    magisk22.zip

that works for me
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e LTE variants.​
    Builds are based off the Samsung's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from T725XXU1CTK1 package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Refer to the official Wiki (link bellow)

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Official nightlies are up! Enjoy. :)
    New build just released. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up. Since this is based on the new AOSP feature drop, it's now Lineage 18.1. Enjoy. :cool:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone