• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (LTE)

Search This thread
The LOS builds have always required some parts of the stock ROM, especially the bootloader and modem firmware. These don't come with LOS, but are installed (in separate partitions) by either installing stock, or selectively with Odin.

LOS builds before 05-29 required those to be from a Android 10 stock ROM (some people even had to downgrade stock from 11 to 10 first to be able to install LOS).
The builds from 05-29 onward require parts from a stock Android 11 ROM.
That was my case, I had to downgrade to Android 10.
The June 12 OTA is also not working, so now what? Am I supposed to erase everything I have on 18.1 to go to Stock 11, and then put 18.1 again so that OTA updates start working again?

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
That was my case, I had to downgrade to Android 10.
The June 12 OTA is also not working, so now what? Am I supposed to erase everything I have on 18.1 to go to Stock 11, and then put 18.1 again so that OTA updates start working again?
Not, you just need to update to Android 11 firmware and then you can install OTA updates.

Feb 22, 2021
How would I do that? The US models are not supported, to simply put it.
Maybe I am not clear about the development mechanism or something, but I wonder how the roms are maintained and bugs are fixed. I think it's just a simple bug fix for developers to support the american models GPS. For the firmware, I can bear with the android 10 rom without updates for a few months. Can you explain how the bugs are fixed and if possible, where to report it?

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Maybe I am not clear about the development mechanism or something, but I wonder how the roms are maintained and bugs are fixed. I think it's just a simple bug fix for developers to support the american models GPS. For the firmware, I can bear with the android 10 rom without updates for a few months. Can you explain how the bugs are fixed and if possible, where to report it?
Have you ever visited our Wiki? There's a guide on how to report bugs: https://wiki.lineageos.org/how-to/bugreport. However, considering that you have an unsupported model, don't have high hopes on a resolution. I'd prefer you to continue discussion here.

Last edited:
Reactions: EVOLw

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
However, when I tried to flash the official LineageOS 18.1 it fails to do it because of the requirement of Android 11 firmware. None of your published firmware updates works on this hardware. Do you have any solution for this? Than you very much.
You can remove version assert in the update .zip and it will allow you to install latest builds with old Android 10 firmware.

Frollito

Feb 21, 2010
Really guys, i cannot update from ROM dated May 22 to the latest one.
I've read that i need some android 11 stock pieces, but i just don't know now to do It or where to get them. Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Not, you just need to update to Android 11 firmware and then you can install OTA updates.
Instructions unclear.
It seems like a shorter way of saying what I said:
"Update to Android 11": my 18.1 is already running 11, so the other logical explanation is going to stock 11, which will erase my existing information.
"and then you can install OTA updates": I'm fairly sure I can't install LineageOS OTA over stock, so installing 18.1 all over again would also be needed.

Please explain if there is another way.

Frollito

Feb 21, 2010

Operation successfully completed. After having flashed all three files with Odin, i rebooted in TWRP and flashed the latest rom dated june 20th. Thanks man!

Cattura.JPG

StampYourFeet

Jun 28, 2021
Hey guys,

I also have a Galaxy Tab S5e Tab LTE with Android firmware T725OXM1CTK1 and also have update problems.
So as I've read the comments above, I have to update my tablet to an older version and only then can I install the new updates. Right?
Now there is still the problem that all of my data will be lost and I have to reload it. Is there a way to get around that?

aserraric

Mar 30, 2011
Hey guys,

I also have a Galaxy Tab S5e Tab LTE with Android firmware T725OXM1CTK1 and also have update problems.
So as I've read the comments above, I have to update my tablet to an older version and only then can I install the new updates. Right?
Now there is still the problem that all of my data will be lost and I have to reload it. Is there a way to get around that?
No, you don't have to downgrade. All you need to do is install the three files in the zip I linked earlier with Odin (which will not cause any loss of data if done correctly), and then you can continue to update LOS normally.

It is actually all explained in the post right above yours. I'm not sure what is so confusing about it for people.

hallucinate

Oct 23, 2010
Colorado
Not sure why yet but I'm getting an Odin failure right off the bat. Tried a couple different versions of odin and ensured USB debugging is on. Currently running May 17th's LOS 18.1 build.

Update: Figured it out- make sure you use the right firmware for your device (mine is a T720).
Screenshot 2021-07-03 101354.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't understand half of what you said, but no, there is no need to press anything for LOS to boot normally. You'll just get an ugly warning that you can just ignore, and it will continue booting by itself.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e LTE variants.​
    Builds are based off the Samsung's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from T725XXU1CTK1 package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Refer to the official Wiki (link bellow)

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Official nightlies are up! Enjoy. :)
    New build just released. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up. Since this is based on the new AOSP feature drop, it's now Lineage 18.1. Enjoy. :cool: