[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (LTE)

Search This thread

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
yG18r6g.png

Working:
  • Camera
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls and Data)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
  • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
Compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e LTE variants.​
Builds are based off the Samsung's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from T725XXU1CTK1 package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Refer to the official Wiki (link bellow)

Credits & collaborations:
All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Last edited:

aserraric

Mar 30, 2011
Works great, no problems at all so far.

Two requests, if I may:
  • Is there a possibility for exFAT support?
  • I couldn't get Magisk to work. Got stuck in a bootloop. I read that Android 11, TWRP and Magisk don't work nicely together. Is there a way to support that in the ROM? Here's how to do it.

Last edited:

aserraric

Mar 30, 2011
We have exFAT support, via sdFAT. What is not working for you?

My exFAT SD card that I had used on the Samsung ROM stopped working once I was on LineageOS. Android told me to format it. I have since reformatted it to FAT32, but I can get another with exFAT for testing, if that helps.

Edit: Just tried it again with a different card. Android shows "Issue with card" and asks to format it.

Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
My exFAT SD card that I had used on the Samsung ROM stopped working once I was on LineageOS. Android told me to format it. I have since reformatted it to FAT32, but I can get another with exFAT for testing, if that helps.

Edit: Just tried it again with a different card. Android shows "Issue with card" and asks to format it.

Okay, maybe I forgot to pick the fix for that. It was only worked on recently. Next build should be fine.

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
What changed the last month and there 2 different versions for the LTE?

There was only Wi-Fi lineageos version for months and now in few days 17.1 and 18.0 came.

What don't you understand? LTE variant is now supported, but it's a different type of build. Moreover, there's also the unofficial builds for anyone that wants to use Android 11 based ROM.

shaitan667

Aug 28, 2008
i9100
Thanks alot for this :D Have been using since the day of release and haven't had any major issues that come to mind.
Only thing I can think of is the SD Card, but I see that you have planned to fix this, so all good :)

As well as the device performed in stock form, it's even better without the Samsung software.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Thanks alot for this :D Have been using since the day of release and haven't had any major issues that come to mind.
Only thing I can think of is the SD Card, but I see that you have planned to fix this, so all good :)

As well as the device performed in stock form, it's even better without the Samsung software.
What about the sound from the speakers? Love the S5e for its speaker. If Atmos isn't working ... that would be acceptable, but sound should be good for watching movies/songs.

aserraric

Mar 30, 2011
That is great to hear. I guess you come from LOS17.1 to 18? So is 18 already stable enough? Or better start with 17.1?

I jumped directly from stock to LOS18. So I can't really compare to LOS17.1. Except for the exFAT issue, everything worked without a hitch. I use it as my daily driver for over a week now.

I had to install Netflix from apkmirror, since the Play Store wouldn't give it to me, but once installed, it works just fine.

shaitan667

Aug 28, 2008
i9100
What about the sound from the speakers? Love the S5e for its speaker. If Atmos isn't working ... that would be acceptable, but sound should be good for watching movies/songs.

But that's to be expected - it's a proprietary thing that wouldn't be available in AOSP/Lineage. It's always been like this with manufacturer extras. Eg, back when I had the HTC One M7, the Beats audio enhancements weren't available on AOSP. (Well, at least not until that official AOSP based ROM was released). I remember a Sony Xperia had camera some image processing disabled if the bootloader was unlocked.
There are always going to be tradeoffs when going to custom roms.

There are usually a ton of Audio ports floating around on XDA, and I know there are some good magisk modules for audio enhancement. Might be worth seeing if any of these work and are worthwhile using on Android 11.

In saying that I haven't had major issues - this is in reference to the actual ROM stability and the functionality provided by LineageOS. It's been rock solid

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Thanks @bgcnm, @shaitan667 and @aserraric : I will jump then directly to LOS18. Yes, the missing atmos was expected due to closed source stuff. Although sometimes it is even possible to bind proprietary libs ... so you never know. Let's see when and how I will manage the custom rom. Seems to be more steps than with my older Samsung phone.

Last edited:

huilun02

Dec 31, 2014
Hi

First of all, thank you for supporting this device!

Questions...
- Does this ROM work for all variants of S5e, or all variants of S5e LTE?
- Any prerequisite firmware to be flashed or stock rom version before attempting to install? Or is everything taken care by the rom
- Can this pass safetynet with Magisk root?

Thank you!

aserraric

Mar 30, 2011
- Does this ROM work for all variants of S5e, or all variants of S5e LTE?
- Any prerequisite firmware to be flashed or stock rom version before attempting to install? Or is everything taken care by the rom
- Can this pass safetynet with Magisk root?

- It is only for LTE (T725). There is a separate ROM for WiFi (T720), and they are not interchangeable. I can neither confirm nor deny that the T725N and T725C variants are working with this ROM.
- I started from the latest stock ROM at the time.
- Yes, it passes SafetyNet with the fingerprint from T720.

huilun02

Dec 31, 2014
- It is only for LTE (T725). There is a separate ROM for WiFi (T720), and they are not interchangeable. I can neither confirm nor deny that the T725N and T725C variants are working with this ROM.
- I started from the latest stock ROM at the time.
- Yes, it passes SafetyNet with the fingerprint from T720.

Thanks for the response!
I have a T720 so I had to ask. I think many will find this info helpful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e LTE variants.​
    Builds are based off the Samsung's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from T725XXU1CTK1 package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Refer to the official Wiki (link bellow)

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Official nightlies are up! Enjoy. :)
    New build just released. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up. Since this is based on the new AOSP feature drop, it's now Lineage 18.1. Enjoy. :cool: