[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (LTE)

Search This thread

SupaYoshi

Jul 28, 2013
So after installing https://github.com/luk1337/gts4lv-fw/releases/tag/T725XXU2DUD7 I was able to install the rom lineage-18.1-20210808-nightly-gts4lv-signed.zip

And I cleared cache and system in TWRP before flashing with ADB sideload, but the tablet is still stuck in a boot loop... any idea what's going wrong...

Nevermind! The image didnt flash completly, after doing it again it worked fine!

Last question: Is there anyhow I can lock the bootloader after flashing?

Last edited:

headzy

Dec 9, 2009
Hello guys, I have just bought a tab s5e, and love it, replaced my tab s2 that I had lineage 17 that served me well, so I would like to run lineage 18 on this but would it disable 2 speakers? Any other functions not avaliable compared to stock? It has been updated with official android 11 Samsung. Thanks.

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011
Hello guys, I have just bought a tab s5e, and love it, replaced my tab s2 that I had lineage 17 that served me well, so I would like to run lineage 18 on this but would it disable 2 speakers? Any other functions not avaliable compared to stock? It has been updated with official android 11 Samsung. Thanks.
I have had the S5e for a year now and tried Lineage OS 17/18 when they were released. The audio quality on Lineage is certainly a lot poorer, especially for the speakers. There are also quite a few bugs present that break the experience somewhat when using Lineage.

I am presently on the most recent available stock rom with 11 and April patch. Stock by itself is quite unbearable but with Multidisabler and deletion of all the Samsung cruft including system apps, the stock ROM is just as fast as Lineage. Make sure to flash Bluetooth Patcher to retain pairings. Also, I end up using DeX for basic browsing tasks or to run Android-only apps natively on the TV or monitor which is where Lineage messes up quite a bit.

I use root only to debloat the entire stock OS and otherwise use it without root. The other good thing though is that you can easily switch between rooted and unrooted partition on stock using the key combinations. Don't see any reason to switch to Lineage full time but it will inevitably become an option when Samsung drops support.

headzy

Dec 9, 2009
I have had the S5e for a year now and tried Lineage OS 17/18 when they were released. The audio quality on Lineage is certainly a lot poorer, especially for the speakers. There are also quite a few bugs present that break the experience somewhat when using Lineage.

I am presently on the most recent available stock rom with 11 and April patch. Stock by itself is quite unbearable but with Multidisabler and deletion of all the Samsung cruft including system apps, the stock ROM is just as fast as Lineage. Make sure to flash Bluetooth Patcher to retain pairings. Also, I end up using DeX for basic browsing tasks or to run Android-only apps natively on the TV or monitor which is where Lineage messes up quite a bit.

I use root only to debloat the entire stock OS and otherwise use it without root. The other good thing though is that you can easily switch between rooted and unrooted partition on stock using the key combinations. Don't see any reason to switch to Lineage full time but it will inevitably become an option when Samsung drops support.
Many thanks for the detailed response, not tried dex casted to TV yet but would like to try when I get a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, just read some news and our tab will be supported for another 2 years at least in terms of security patches with a bi annual release, next update should be next month according to the Samsung website.

So now I know this im thinking may as well stick with stock for now as it is very fast and smooth. Am impressed with the sound for a tablet so may well be disappointed in this regard to lineage.

Overall love it :)

lapora

Mar 12, 2019
@headzy I returned back to stock and its very smooth + dolby atmos really makes the difference.

Last edited:

headzy

Dec 9, 2009
@headzy I returned back to stock and its very smooth + dolby atmos really makes the difference.
I have to say running stock is very smooth for me too, very happy overall and yep the atmos is great, very impressive for such a thin device, just don't like not being able to uninstal the Samsung bloatware.

lapora

Mar 12, 2019
I have to say running stock is very smooth for me too, very happy overall and yep the atmos is great, very impressive for such a thin device, just don't like not being able to uninstal the Samsung bloatware.
Sadly android 12 will be for tab s6 and newer so no android 12 for tab s5e, So i am gonna have to move to lineageos when they release android 12.

Been using lineage 18 for some months now and i returned back to stock 2 days ago and i have to say is smoother than lineage.

headzy

Dec 9, 2009
Sadly android 12 will be for tab s6 and newer so no android 12 for tab s5e, So i am gonna have to move to lineageos when they release android 12.

Been using lineage 18 for some months now and i returned back to stock 2 days ago and i have to say is smoother than lineage.
Not sure what advantages 12 will have over 11 for our tabs but on the Samsung website they have said our tabs will continue to receive bi-anual security patches for at least 2 more years, next one due in a few days.

How did you find battery dain on lineage when not in use? As stock it is very good for me.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I am huge fan of LOS. Some mentioned alredy the biggest deficit here - sound via speakers. I use it to watch movies and the Atmos sound of stock is just great - although all the other Samsung stuff is crap.
I have seen there are some ports of Dolby for smartphones - installable via Magisk. For me it doesn't make much sense on phones, but whoever see a chance to port that for S5e ... that would be a bummer!

StampYourFeet

Jun 28, 2021
Hey guys,

I accidentally bought the 4G+ variant.
Is there a chance to get this version to work with LinageOS as well?

Feb 22, 2021

TestA352

Sep 11, 2021
Hello, I own a Galaxy Tab S5e LTE and want to install LineageOS on it. Unfortunately the instructions on the official Lineage Site include Windows 7, but not MacOS. Does anyone know, if it's possible to install Lineage OS on the Galaxy using a Mac and how? It seems to be possible for the Tab S6 Lite, so maybe also for the Tab S5e?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Hello, I own a Galaxy Tab S5e LTE and want to install LineageOS on it. Unfortunately the instructions on the official Lineage Site include Windows 7, but not MacOS. Does anyone know, if it's possible to install Lineage OS on the Galaxy using a Mac and how? It seems to be possible for the Tab S6 Lite, so maybe also for the Tab S5e?
If you compile Heimdall /w https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/Heimdall/pull/478 then it should work. Adapting instructions for Heimdall installation is up to you tho.

TestA352

Sep 11, 2021
I'll go and find a windows machine then. But I guess, I will need some help.

Last edited:

TestA352

Sep 11, 2021
Please help.

It took me quite some time, and it worked somehow to install 18.1 on my 5Se LTE, but ....

Unfortunately TWRP tells me after the adp sideload of the lineage-zip: "Patching system unconditionally ... - No OS installed".

I manage to leave the TWRP-settings by advanced>rebooting and ignoring "that there is no OS" I can start Lineage OS, which is somehow weird but not bad. So the OS runs, but I don't understand why.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I seem to be quite close and would highly appreciate your help. It's the first time I install Lineage OS.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e LTE variants.​
    Builds are based off the Samsung's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from T725XXU1CTK1 package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Refer to the official Wiki (link bellow)

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Official nightlies are up! Enjoy. :)
    New build just released. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up. Since this is based on the new AOSP feature drop, it's now Lineage 18.1. Enjoy. :cool: